Meet the Scrap Squad!

rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 15 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 1,725
Kim replied on Sun, Jan 30 2011 7:28 PM

Hi Eileen,

It always amazes me to see how different the same pattern can look with the change of fabrics and of course I never tire of looking at quilts!

Do you think this is a pattern you are going to try?

Happy Sewing,

Kim

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 210
Donna A replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 10:58 PM

Linda,

Your quilt is just georgous!  I love your fabric selections.

Donna

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957

I just wanted to pop in and tell all you ladies, that your quilts are all wonderful.  You do great work.

[Ava, Missouri

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 1,725
Kim replied on Fri, Feb 4 2011 6:14 PM

Thanks! ( mine is the red and turquoise Rhapsody in Bloom..........we're already working away on our next assignment....stay tuned its gonna be a beauty!)

How long have you belonged to Quilters Club of  America?  Over 3500 post!  Wow

Happy sewing,

Kim

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957

Hi Kim, I joined in Aug, 2009, I just love it here. I have met alot of great people, and they give me such good advice.  I still consider myself a beginner, even tho I have been quilting for around 10 years now, I'm always learning something new.

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 405

Thanks Leslie. We are having quite a good time with these scrappy quilts and I can't wait to show you the next one.

Ruthie

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Sun, Feb 6 2011 5:50 PM

This was fun to see how each of you took the same pattern and each one turned out so unique. I will look at quilt patterns differently now and think of how I could make it scrappy with the fabric I already have (and maybe a few new ones too!)

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 37
Points 1,725
Kim replied on Mon, Feb 7 2011 10:21 AM

Hi Leslie,

Well that is the fun part for me...always learning something new, trying new colors, seeing new quilts that others have made, trying new techniques and stepping outside of my comfort zone to work a new way.   the community of quilters is just amazing and now with the internet we get to meet more of them than ever :0).

Stay tuned for the scrap squads next challenge........we are all working away behind the scenes to come with the next quilt :0).

Happy Sewing,

Kim

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957

I can't wait to see what you ladies will be doing next.

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 900
johanne replied on Tue, Feb 15 2011 3:31 PM

Hi, I am Johanne from Sydney Nova Scotia,Canada.  Have been quilting for 20 plus years, and still enjoy every aspect of it. Have loads of scrap fabric. Trying to use up the scraps but never able to. I use a lot of scraps doing crazy blocks by hand, but without the fancy stitching. I use floss with a visible applique stitch. I find 11 inch blocks work out the best. I put them together with small sashing strips. Add a backing and binding.  

Not Ranked
Posts 43
Points 580

Hi Johanne,

Nova Scotia is beautiful.  I've only been there once; the opposite end of the continent from me in Seattle.  I love the look of crazy blocks.  I don't do the fancy stitching either, but I also don't do it by hand.  Your blocks sound lovely!  I would love to see some of them.  If you get the chance, post some of your pictures.

Cheers, Dionne

• Filed under: |
Page 2 of 2 (26 items) Prev12
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use