Montana 2014?

rated by 0 users
This post has 125 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 5 2014 7:48 PM

Nancy, that makes it hard for me to refuse, but, I checked online for flights which are in the $500 - $600 range, a little steep for me.  Unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 10:58 AM

Marie:

Nancy, that makes it hard for me to refuse, but, I checked online for flights which are in the $500 - $600 range, a little steep for me.  Unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

Ouch! Had you checked with Amtrac? The train comes into Shelby, which is about the same distance from Choteau as the airport in Great falls. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 10:59 AM

Marie:

Ouch! Had you checked with Amtrac? The train comes into Shelby, which is about the same distance from Choteau as the airport in Great falls. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 5:46 PM

Nancy, yes I was estimating a cost per couple, or at least a total split between two people in a room.  Yes, $400-450 is what I've spent for each of the retreats, so I definitely do not find it prohibitive.  I hope we get a lot of quilters.  CC, how many have expressed an interest so far?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 1:45 AM

I am with you, Jacy and CC, I want to meet Marie and sure hope she can get it all arranged.  Course I also want to meet CC!  Hopefully Kris can be there as we need our star reporter!  She does a great job of recording the antics and activities.

The dates will work out good for us so like I said before, God willing and the creek don't rise, we aim to be there.  Very much looking forward to it.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

Karla:

CC, how many have expressed an interest so far?

I have 4 "for sure" and 7 "maybe"

I think we'll get more after I get to Choteau ( I'm hoping in about a week) and get things set with the hotel. After I do that  then we'll know the cost, so that should make it easier for folks to decide. Think I might send out a notice to area quilt shops too so maybe we can get some 'local' quilters who might not stay at the hotel but might come and sew for a few days and off-set some of the cost for the conference room.  ..Thoughts? 

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 4:58 PM

Sounds like a good plan, CC!  It's always fun to meet new quilters!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 5:01 PM

chocake2:
Had you checked with Amtrac? The train comes into Shelby,

I just read an article in the paper today about how awful the Amtrak Empire Builder's (northern route) schedule has been.  The oil trains out of the Bakken field have delayed passenger train service 9-11 hours on average.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,017
Points 19,585

Oh how I wish I could join you guys! I have been trying to figure it out but just can't work it around several other commitments I have. This year I will just have to participate via pictures :(

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,720
Points 121,440

Beth Weigt:

Oh how I wish I could join you guys! I have been trying to figure it out but just can't work it around several other commitments I have. This year I will just have to participate via pictures :(

Me too Beth. Especially for the Branson retreat. Would love to be there in person again but I'll be following via the postings and pictures.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,017
Points 19,585

Judy - you will be missed!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,720
Points 121,440

Beth Weigt:
Judy - you will be missed!

Maybe next year, who knows.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,879
Points 366,977
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 8:39 PM

chocake2:

Marie:

Amtrak costs about the same as a flight and takes longer.

I've been flying to retreats on rewards points earned on credit cards or online surveys. It's very expensive to fly out west and there are no direct flights. My last trip went smoothly but Diana and Nana had trouble with connections.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,059
gini replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 9:51 PM

how many quilters can you accommodate, hold?  how many do you want?

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,817
Points 43,784
Eileen replied on Fri, Feb 7 2014 10:03 PM

Nancy told me about this retreat and I got all excited since I have not been to a retreat in a while.  Then, with the mess QCA has been lately, I could never get on here to read the posts, join the group or reply. I know you all will have a blast & I'm sorry I have to miss this one. I would love to see some of you again & meet more of you in person.  CC, with your busy life, I applaud you for coordinating this retreat! Have fun with it & don't let the gremlins get you ;->

Page 5 of 9 (126 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use