BIG RETREAT BRANSON MISSOURI FEB. 23rd. THRU MARCH 1st ,2014: Hostess Barbara and the Stone Castle Hotel

rated by 0 users
This post has 658 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 17 2013 9:50 PM

Leslie

Doubtful....you know how those knights can be....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Thu, Jul 18 2013 5:20 AM

ROFLOL,  i know Nana

[Ava, Missouri

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 18 2013 8:10 AM

Thanks Gini.  I don't have a featherweight ,but I bet those that do will love this class.  I take it  you and Sam are coming ,,LOL   I hope so.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,594
Points 26,785
Debbie replied on Thu, Jul 18 2013 10:44 AM

Definitely add me and hoping Mike will be able to come as well.  we're open to anytime ya'll set for the retreat.  Wow, 7 months to wait!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,594
Points 26,785
Debbie replied on Thu, Jul 18 2013 10:49 AM

I would be interested, still haven't got mine running.  course been sick and haven't gotten with Michelle's husband, via phone yet.   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Thu, Jul 18 2013 12:13 PM

DEbbie I need you to  send me you info ,and as far as hubby ,we will put him down and if changes his mind that's ok  money isn't due until Feb anyway and then if he changes  his mind again he can pay for his part of room when he comes  it worked out ok last year ,I'm just trying to keep it simple and have all ready ahead of time.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,032
Points 19,820

Gini - Since I just got my featherweight, I would be interested at a reasonable price, so please let me know what she responds with in regards to price.

Thanks

gini:

is anyone intrested in a class on how to take care of your featherweight?    there is a woman who is teaching a class in branson at the end august.   i was planning on going, but life got in the way.   i e-mailed her and asked if she would be interested in coming back to branson for our retreat.  i have no idea how expensive it will be.   her $500 price at branson included the B&B for 3 or four days and a piecing  a quilt on your featherweight. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

I might be interested in FW class, depending on the cost.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

I have a silly question. How do you all travel with your sewing machine and supplies. If I go to a retreat some day, I would have to fly. Can't drive too far anymore. Do you just check it in as luggage?

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Jul 22 2013 10:07 PM

Melissa, I've been told that there will always be an extra machine available for the asking for those who fly.  I wouldn't want to check my machine with baggage or bring it as a carry-on because sometimes they don't let you carry ON those carry-ons and then they loose them!  Right, Michelle??

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 7:19 AM

Melissa ,we provide machine for all those who fly in. We just need to know who will be flying in.   There are no silly questions . BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 13,295
Michelle replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 7:34 AM

Melissa, We've been driving with an extra machine also.  I don't trust anyone with my luggage anymore.  I fly alot and had 9 flights in a row with lost baggage in May! Last flight didn't lose my suitcase, they broke the handle of my carry-on! It was too large for those really small airplanes, so they gate checked it and broke the handle.  I was thinking to make a jacket that I could just put all my things in. Can you see me head to the airport and going thru security?

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:31 AM

Melissa

When I go to the Pacific Northwest retreats I fly.   I only take my projects with me and one of the ladies that live in the area brings me a machine to use.   There is also rulers and such to share.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Tue, Jul 23 2013 11:21 AM

Ok I want to let all of you know a few things  ,that are important

1.You do not have to be a paying member to attend these retreats  they are for all folks who use the QCA site.

2. QCA does not sponsor these retreats . These are all done by member of this club  and we have not sponsorship form anyone . We do get some donations form some of the club sponsors as door prizes  for advertisements, but nothing Club sponsored

3 if You are flying in for a retreat ,we will provide you with a machine and all the goodies you need to work . You just need to bring your projects  clothes and yourself.   

4. Husbands or friends are allowed to attend the retreats they just need to pay for their rooms and foods.

if anyone has any other questions please you can ask  Me,  Nana, Patti ,Mary ,Linda , Gini , or Sara  who have hosted or assisted  with a  retreat and we will do our best to answer your questions

Thanks

Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:58 PM

Gini, I would be interested in the FW class.

Barbara, please change my entry to Nancy Evans and quilting friend (not sure who yet).  DH will sit this one out.  

Leslie, I'm going to be a free woman and may compete with you for Sir SewsALot's attention!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 35
Page 2 of 44 (659 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use