Smoky Mountain Retreat June 22 - 29, 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 4:13 PM | Locked

Hi DIana, I am not Mary either, but I believe she is due back today from her son's wedding.  I talked with her just before she left and we had 11 definite and need at least another 9 to hold our reservations......so go girl, and get those guild people excited about our retreat.  There is no better place to be than The Lodge at Douglas Lake the end of June!!

Kathy

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 8:22 AM | Locked

Hi Mary, just checking in to see what is going on with this year's retreat. Right now, I'm not sure I will be able to come, but if I can, I wil bring a friend with me. So could you reserve me 2 spaces? For myself and my friend Donna. And we would like to room together with a bath (to help with her sometimes very urgent needs). Thanks!

Sharon

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 1:43 PM | Locked

Mary, I have confirmed that Donna and I want to go to the retreat - sign us up and we want to room together.

Sharon

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:22 AM | Locked

Our Smoky Mountain retreat for 2013 will again be the last full week in June at the Lodge at Douglas Lake. The cost will be $200.00 and we have 25 spaces. The list is as follows. If you told me you wanted to come when you were here in June or October of this year, please message me and remind me.

The lodge has a 1200 square foot room where we set up our machines and workspace for the week. It's really the perfect venue for a quilting retreat.

1. Mary
  2. Andrea Dee - Deposit received - $100
  3. Kathy Fritz - PIF
  4. Carolyn (Sister of Janis) - Deposit received - $75
  5. Janis (Sister of Carolyn) - Deposit received - $75
  6. Mimi - Deposit Received - $100
  7. Dave - Deposit Received - $100
  8. Beth - PIF
  9. Bill - PIF
  10. Diana - PIF
  11. Ann Johnson
  12. Sharon
  13. Donna

non-refundable deposit of $75.00 will be due at the time of adding you to the list with the remainder due the end of April. If you make a deposit and have to back out, you can find someone to take your place and have them refund your deposit as long as we are full. 

We will be bringing our own food again and I will assign each room a meal, either breakfast or dinner. Lunch will be leftovers or sandwiches. We will also do our gift exchange and have a trash to treasure table. This was such fun and Sara Wall, who is a member here and the owner of the lodge, is a wonderful, gracious hostess.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:29 AM | Locked

The price of $200.00 is only going to work if we get 25 folks to come. Fewer than 25 will result in either a venue change or a price increase. If there is anyone not on the list that wishes to attend, please let me know ASAP. If any other corrections need to be made, please also let me know. Thanks!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 11:06 AM | Locked

I have created Flyer a for anyone to put up at your local quilt shop your to pass around at your guild. If you notice anything wrong with it or that needs to be added, please let me know. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Points 6,005
Sharon replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 4:53 PM | Locked

Mary:
  • Bill - PIF
  • Diana - PIF
  • Ann Johnson
  • Sharon
  • Donna
  • Mary - Donna and I will not be able to come, after all. I know you will have a wonderful time!

Sharon

Not Ranked
    Female
    Posts 55
    Points 1,025
    Sara Wall replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 8:46 AM | Locked

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I've been off the grid for a while but I'm back. I see that we're having a bit of trouble getting as many people as last year. May I suggest that each of you invite other friends, perhaps including knitters, scrapbookers, etc like we had at the Fall Frenzy? That was a great retreat and the funny part is that some quilters began scrapbooking and some scrapbookers began quilting after that. I am also going to send out a couple of emails to other quilters I know, although most of them are actually coming the week before you. We WILL have this retreat, so let's get busy! Can't wait to see you all soon. 

Sara

Not Ranked
    Female
    Posts 55
    Points 1,025
    Sara Wall replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 8:48 AM | Locked

Mary,

Can you email me the flyer so I can pass it on to others? And also, I have in my notes the dates are June 22-29. Which is correct?

Sara

Top 150 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 415
    Points 5,370
    Kathy replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 9:17 AM | Locked

I agree, we HAVE to have this retreat and I have the same dates you do, 22 thru 29.  I had sent an email to all the people Faye listed from the Fall Frenzy and I don't think Mary heard from any of them.  I am just keeping my fingers crossed we can pul this together.  I NEED it and I know Mary does too!  Besides, I need to tell Mike how stupid he was to take the Presidency of the Home Owner's Association.:)

Kathy

Top 100 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 981
    Points 24,590
    MaryLeeHayden replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 10:43 AM | Locked

Our Smoky Mountain retreat for 2013 will again be the last full week in June at the Lodge at Douglas Lake. The cost will be $200.00 and we have 25 spaces. The list is as follows. If you told me you wanted to come when you were here in June or October of this year, please message me and remind me.

The lodge has a 1200 square foot room where we set up our machines and workspace for the week. It's really the perfect venue for a quilting retreat.

1. Mary
    2. Andrea Dee - Deposit received - $100
    3. Kathy Fritz - PIF
    4. Carolyn (Sister of Janis) - Deposit received - $75
    5. Janis (Sister of Carolyn) - Deposit received - $75
    6. Mimi - Deposit Received - $100
    7. Dave - Deposit Received - $100
    8. Beth - PIF
    9. Bill - PIF
    10. Diana - PIF
    11. Ann Johnson

non-refundable deposit of $75.00 will be due at the time of adding you to the list with the remainder due the end of April. If you make a deposit and have to back out, you can find someone to take your place and have them refund your deposit as long as we are full. 

We will be bringing our own food again and I will assign each room a meal, either breakfast or dinner. Lunch will be leftovers or sandwiches. We will also do our gift exchange and have a trash to treasure table. This was such fun and Sara Wall, who is a member here and the owner of the lodge, is a wonderful, gracious hostess.

Top 100 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 981
    Points 24,590
    MaryLeeHayden replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 10:47 AM | Locked

Okay...we absolutely WILL have this retreat. I have put a flyer up at Pappy's Quilt shop here in my area and hope to get a few gals from that. Feel free to email me for a flyer for your area.

Also note, the date is 22-29, not 22-28. An extra day! How great is that?

If we fail to get 25, we will raise the price no more than $20.00. Sara agrees with that but it would be really great to get a full house. Please talk this up at your guilds. I can email you the flyer.

Top 75 Contributor
    Posts 1,520
    Points 30,960
    Diana replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:20 AM | Locked

Hi Mary,     If you would e-mail me the flyer, I will do a mass mailing to my guild members.    Thanks.  Huggs, Diana in East Tn.

• Post Points: 35
    Top 10 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 28,479
    Points 417,064
    gini replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 5:58 PM | Locked

mary, we have a bunch of new members from around your area,   you should post this again on the main forums page to let new members know.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
    Female
    Posts 5
    Points 160
    MelodyM replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 10:23 PM | Locked

I really wish I could come to this!!!  If there are other retreats planned for later in the year, please post them here so I can try and go!  I love retreats!

Page 6 of 41 (602 items) «Prev45678Next»
    | RSS
    Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
    By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use