Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:24 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
have y'all ever done the Dragon's Tail

Maggie,

My DH did the Dragon's Tail last year at the retreat.  He was soooo excited that he would get to do it again this year.  He has a VW GTI which he has outfitted for drag racing.  Don't get me started.....We don't have a motorcycle because...well it's a long story.  When you come to the retreat we can catch up.  I'd love to meet you.  Please consider it.  We have loads of fun.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:30 AM | Locked

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:
Is anyone bringing a boat a poles?  Are the guys planning any special events just for them?

Maggie,

The guys do have activities for just them.  They really had a good time last year and seemed to enjoy each others company.  Beth's DH is a train buff and has planned a trip one day of the week.  Sara Wall's husband takes people out on the Lodge's boat.  I don't know if there is fishing....but Mary's DH took the guys shooting one day.  I live so far away from TN it's nice to have my DH to do the driving from PA.  This year I might be brave and do the Dragon's Tail with him.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725
Andrea Dee replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:46 AM | Locked

Hi Maggie,

I brought my pole last year but never got round to using it.  I was having way too much fun with the ladies inside, not to mention the quilt shop hop.  I don't plan to bring it this year ( don't think it will fit in my new veloster rapter car).  Hope to see you there.

Andrea

Andrea

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 1:25 PM | Locked

Andrea,  I finally finished my MQ 6.  Here are pictures.  I have a little surprise for you when I see you in June.   Oh you will be so excited.  Can't wait for the time to fly by so we can be with everyone again. 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725
Andrea Dee replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 4:50 AM | Locked

Hi Mimi,  I have spent the last 20 minutes sitting in front of my computer drinking my first cup of coffee and escaping into your quilt.   What a wonderful way to start my day!  Thank you.  You are such an inspiration to me, I love all your beautiful quilts but this one is perhaps my favorite.  Maybe it's because it was the first quilt I saw being assembled, maybe it's the colors (we all know I like colors) or perhaps it's just the love that you sew into your quilts that is so clear.  LOOOOOVE it!

Andrea

Andrea

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 8:39 AM | Locked

Y'all please pray about Jim letting us come to this Retreat, if there is still room for one more couple. I am  wanting to meet all of y'all. I will just have to talk him in to this SOME HOW!!  I know God will help!.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 8:47 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I am  wanting to meet all of y'all.

Good morning, glory!  And we want to meet you too.  We have so much fun.  You gotta come Sukochi!!  Let me talk to Jim.... I know I can convince him.   Maybe my DH can talk to him??  If we can help LMK

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705
MaryLeeHayden replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 3:30 PM | Locked

We need more folks to come to the Smoky's this year. If we can't get more, we will have to cancel soon so Sara can rebook the Lodge. It's the height of tourist season and I don't want her to lose out. Please let me know if you wish to attend as soon as possible.

Our Smoky Mountain retreat for 2013 will again be the last full week in June at the Lodge at Douglas Lake. The cost will be $200.00 and we have 25 spaces. The list is as follows. If you told me you wanted to come when you were here in June or October of this year, please message me and remind me.

The lodge has a 1200 square foot room where we set up our machines and workspace for the week. It's really the perfect venue for a quilting retreat.

1. Mary
  2. Andrea Dee - Deposit received - $100
  3. Kathy Fritz - PIF
  4. Carolyn (Sister of Janis) - Deposit received - $75
  5. Janis (Sister of Carolyn) - Deposit received - $75
  6. Mimi - Deposit Received - $100
  7. Dave - Deposit Received - $100
  8. Beth - PIF
  9. Bill - PIF
  10. Diana - PIF
  11. Ann Johnson

non-refundable deposit of $75.00 will be due at the time of adding you to the list with the remainder due the end of April. If you make a deposit and have to back out, you can find someone to take your place and have them refund your deposit as long as we are full. 

We will be bringing our own food again and I will assign each room a meal, either breakfast or dinner. Lunch will be leftovers or sandwiches. We will also do our gift exchange and have a trash to treasure table. This was such fun and Sara Wall, who is a member here and the owner of the lodge, is a wonderful, gracious hostess.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 3:50 PM | Locked

Mary:
We need more folks to come to the Smoky's this year. If we can't get more, we will have to cancel soon so Sara can rebook the Lodge.

I totally understand Sara's position but OH NO!!!  How many more people will we need to get to sign up and by when to meet expenses for Sara? 

Come on people.  You can see how fun the Branson retreat is.  This is just as wonderful.  You know you want to attend one of these super fun retreats.  You won't be disappointed. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 4:07 PM | Locked

Mimi:

Mary:
We need more folks to come to the Smoky's this year. If we can't get more, we will have to cancel soon so Sara can rebook the Lodge.

I totally understand Sara's position but OH NO!!!  How many more people will we need to get to sign up and by when to meet expenses for Sara? 

Come on people.  You can see how fun the Branson retreat is.  This is just as wonderful.  You know you want to attend one of these super fun retreats.  You won't be disappointed.  

Mimi, I would say the Branson Retreat cut the throat of the S.M. Retreat. As, so many  in Branson were in TN, last June. You can't go to all of them. I was desperate to come to the S.M. Retreat, but have not gotten Jim on board, yet.

Sukochi

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 8:47 PM | Locked

Sukochi, Although I would agree with you that the Branson retreat probably did cause some people who attended the Smokey Mt retreat last year to have to bow out this year, there are many in the eastern coast area who have wanted to come to a retreat.  And there are also many from last year's Smokey Mt retreat who have not yet signed up.  I acknowledge that the economy is tough right now. I'm living through it too.  But I just know there are others out there who will miss out on a great time by not signing up for this retreat.  You are right when you say you can't go to all of them.....my full time job kept me from Branson.  It was not timed right for the working person.  So if this one gets canceled life will go on.  I have a teaching job the whole month of July to get ready for.  And there's Quilt Odyssey at Hershey the end of July with lots of exciting classes and fun.  It's just not the same as a week with fun-loving quilting friends. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 9:24 PM | Locked

I know there are a lot of Eastern Seaborad members who might like a retreat. There are other TN members who might, also. Two, I can think of near Nashville. I would so love to be there, also. I have a thought to ask my sister, a quilter, if she would like to come. Have asked her once before but she said, at the time, that she just did not have time. But, they are all settled in their new home. She has her quilt studion all set up and said she is so ready to get backt o quilting. I will send her a  email tonight and see what answer I get. If she can come, I can come. But, she and I will not be near enough to fill the rooms. that is 11  more people. A lot to find.

I didn't mean to ruffle feathers. I tend t say it as I see it. Jim said I should just keep my opinions to myself. I think he is totally right.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 10:00 PM | Locked

trying to find some more to come. I told my sister about it. Suggested it to the Branson contingent. Angele showed a bit of interest. Also, tolld my sis to mention it to those in her quilt guild in Tullahoma, TN. Hope that is OK.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 5:49 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I didn't mean to ruffle feathers. I tend t say it as I see it.

No feathers ruffled here.  I think honesty is the best policy.  I just know that we could fill the spots if we could get the word out to more people.  Thanks for sending a message to the quilters in Branson.  I'll try contacting the ones I know from last year and in the fall.  Let's help Mary round up some more new friends.  Gotta go get ready for work today so this will have to wait until later.   Have a great day!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:31 AM | Locked

Hi Mary,

I would love to come to this retreat. Just not sure I can make it this year. I put in for the time off at work, we'll see. I don't always get time requested off due to scheduling conflicts. I also may need to use the week to go to Boston to help my daughter with my new grand baby twins girls. My daughter and husband are both in the Army National Guard and her husband has drill for two weeks in June. Not sure of the dates yet. She wants help with the babies then, they are preemies, born at 27+ weeks, 3 weeks old and doing great.

I will let you know as soon as possible if I can make this retreat. I am also going to check with a quilting friend of mine here in Nashville area, she might like to come if she is settled into her new house by then.

Page 4 of 41 (602 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use