rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 4:53 PM | Locked

Sukochi:

Nana, sure wish you were coming this year.

Weather forecast for Sevierville, TH. June 22 - 24: Partly cloudy temps from 86 - 88. Nice weather coming our way.

So sad, no one is excited about this retreat........................I AM!!!

Um, I'm uber excited!  I just picked my son up from his summer camp this morning and I stared at the lake and thought, "Yep, I'll be there next week!" and asked about his new friends, and thought, "I'll have new friends next week"... Asked about the weather and thought, "yeah, I get A/C or hot tub or lake... My Choice!" 

Sukochi, why do I have the feeling that you and I are going to be "that room" that never shuts up and goes to sleep?!  

I need to baste my quilt tomorrow.  

What type of chairs will we be using for sewing?  

Ashley in TN

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 5:42 PM | Locked

Ashley, just so you know, I am 63 and once my meds are in effect, a train couldn't wake me up.  That said, I think we will have such a great time, in our little corner of the world.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:14 AM | Locked

Okay ladies or should I say SM Mommas,

I'm making up kits for the 1) Woven Snowflake Ornament and for 2) Paper Piecing ( cute small heart wall hanging ) and I need to know how many are interested in each.  They are both short projects so if you could let me know so I can get the kits ready I sure would appreciate it. 

Just think this time next week we will all be together making new friends and renewing old friendships.  Yippee!!  Gotta go.  Let me know.

• Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:36 AM | Locked

Hi Ladies.   I have a strange question so bear with me.  Does anyone have or use a serger?   I have one that I got free with my Bernina 440QE that I bought 2 years ago at the Lancaster Quilt Show.  It's never even been plugged in.  I did manage to take it out of the box..lol   I would love to bring it in and get a quick type lesson on it.  I make a lot of scrap quilts and think the serging seams would make it sturdier, especially if it's for a kid's quilt.   Any takers out there??   Thanks for considering this.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 10:28 AM | Locked

Janis Lindsey:

Kathy:
Also we need to make sure someone brings coffee, dish soap and paper towels.

Kathy, I will bring dish soap.  Did we find out what the dishwasher uses?  If you think of  anything else please post.   See you soon.

Sara has that special quick commercial dish washer. Perhaps we can get some when we go out on a fabric/food/fun run.

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 10:29 AM | Locked

Mimi:

Okay ladies or should I say SM Mommas,

I'm making up kits for the 1) Woven Snowflake Ornament and for 2) Paper Piecing ( cute small heart wall hanging ) and I need to know how many are interested in each.  They are both short projects so if you could let me know so I can get the kits ready I sure would appreciate it. 

Just think this time next week we will all be together making new friends and renewing old friendships.  Yippee!!  Gotta go.  Let me know.

Me please.

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 10:31 AM | Locked

Darlene...I'm so sorry Larry isn't getting better. We so want to see both of you and hope things change. Will keep you both in our prayers.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 11:55 AM | Locked

Mary, I would like to do the paper piecing one. Is it a large block? Project? How much do we owe? Can we pay you then? 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 11:56 AM | Locked

Mimi:

Mimi, I'll take you up on that. Sounds fun! Thanks.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 11:57 AM | Locked

I think this was Mimi, not Mary! And thank you for doing this. 

Michelle B

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 12:03 PM | Locked

Diana, I use my serger quite a bit. For finishing seams, sometimes for the binding for a little more strength. Also, for my embroidery pieces, some of the insides of purse, zippered bags,etc.  the threading is the tricky part and the tension. Mine is auto threading!!  What a treat. I actually use it more because the tension is set and I don't have to adjust it and it threads itself

Michelle B

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 12:10 PM | Locked

The entire paper piecing project is about 12.5 x 12.5 inches.  I'll demo and teach a couple,maybe three blocks and then you can finish it up.  You don't owe me anything.  This all comes from my stash and I want to give it to you. My stash needs to be used.  I'll figure out the cost of the needles and paper.  I can't think it would be more than $2.  The snowflake project is also from things that I have around the house that I want to give away.  Too much stuff just lying around not being used.  I'll put you down for the PP piece, Michelle.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,549
Points 46,955
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 12:30 PM | Locked

Mimi, I'd like to do the woven snowflake ornament.  thank you so much! :)

Southwest of San Antonio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 1:28 PM | Locked

OH My Goodness!  

I finally finished basting my quilt.  I forget how much I hate doing that until I'm doing it.  I think it's like childbirth.  You're supposed to forget how bad it is so you'll do it again.

I wish I were at "learning how to paper piece" phase.  Maybe next year.  But if you're having a class, I might watch :)  I think it's probably wayyyy too tedious for my tastes!  

Can't wait to meet you all,

Ashley in TN

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380
Janis Lindsey replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 1:47 PM | Locked

Mimi:
2) Paper Piecing ( cute small heart wall hanging )
  Mimi, count me in on the paper piecing.  I so want to learn this.  Thanks and if you can tell me what the kit consist of I may have it here already and I can bring my own kit.  Thanks for doing this.    See you in 6 days.

Janis

TN

• Post Points: 35
Page 34 of 41 (602 items) «Prev3233343536Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use