Smoky Mountain Retreat June 22 - 29, 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 601 Replies | 25 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 5:25 PM | Locked

I think I've taught myself applique!  Whoo!  

Is there anyone going who will volunteer to show me how to crazy quilt?  

Ashley "the newbie quilter"

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 5:38 PM | Locked

Well, I know that it won't be me!!!!!  LOL  I need a name for my beginner plain Jane sewing machine.  By George, I think I have it!!!!!!!!!  Jane!!!!!!!!!!  Please don't laugh at Jane.  She's fragile (just like me!!!)

Faith - Hendersonville, NC

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 5:52 PM | Locked

Ashley:
Is there anyone going who will volunteer to show me how to crazy quilt?  

Ashley, I am a mini Christmas crazy quilt last winter. And, I am working on a crazy PURSE, sort of, now. So I can bring both of those with me. maybe, by looking at those we can get you to understand the whole idea. Ya know there is a crazy quilt group at QCA. Go to groups and sign up.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 6:02 PM | Locked

So, went to the Dr today about my knee. Have to get an MRI. IF the meniscus is torn, they will have to either cast it or get a brace for it. Depending on the damage, they will decide whether a cast or brace.

More great news. I fell getting out of the shower this a.m.  Oh, did that hurt. I have a massive hematoma on the inside of my right calf. About the size of a soft ball. It will take 6 month for this to go completely away.  I told Jim I hope I am still living by a week from Sat.

Have my eye exam tomorrow. Hate to think that I will be trying to get used to new glasses at the retreat. Depending on the change in vision, I might hold off until I get back to order them.  And, pray that my baby cataracts have not grown up yet!!

Thurs. I am getting a hair make over. I have looked old and dowdy long enough. Can't decide whether to cut and color or just trim and color. As bad as my hair looks today, i am thinking cut this length off.  Gonna have a pedicure w week from Thurs. So looking forward to that. My feet are a mess. I go barefoot all the time and my heels are just ragged. So, I will have pretty feet to meet you all. And, my toe nails will be Purple. hmm...I think I could have my hair colored purple, too. I am old enough to carry that off.  Instead of a blue haired old lady, I will be a purple haired old lady!

OK, enough of this. I have ice cream to eat. 

Sukochi

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,038
Points 19,895
Beth Weigt replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 8:40 PM | Locked

I

Mimi:

Meal sign up sheet here. Please copy and paste to add your names.

Saturday Dinner: Mary's DH will BBQ, Kathy bringing some sides and anyone else can bring some. I will make Dump Cake for dessert.

Sunday Breakfast: Kathy and Mary

Sunday Dinner:  Sukochi & Sara

Monday Breakfast: Kathy and Mary

Monday Dinner:  Andrea, Carolyn & Janis

Tuesday Breakfast:

Tuesday Dinner:  Mimi and Dave

Wednesday Breakfast:

Wednesday Dinner:      Michelle, Debbie-do, Diana

Thursday Breakfast:

Thursday Dinner:  Beth and Bill

Friday Breakfast: Ashley, Susan, and Faith

Friday Dinner: Eat out or left overs.

Saturday Breakfast:

I can make my infamous Soma Sausage (Italian sausage and soma this and soma that) for dinner if there is an open night. Lots of chopping help needed and a salad as well as garlic bread.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370
Michelle replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:03 PM | Locked

Wow. That sounds like a terrible fall you took today. I think you need to just pamper yourself for the next week with mani-pedi and hair color, trim. No work for you!  We will take care of all the driving and shopping.  Of course you will need to go to the quilt stores with us. We may have to get you a wheelchair!  I'm loving the purple toes. Mine are coral this week but will get them done just before heading out. Maybe I'll do purple also. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370
Michelle replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 9:06 PM | Locked

I like the idea of fruit and yogurt for breakfast. Light and easy. No clean up 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:14 AM | Locked

Does sound good , huh?  I just pray that Sara knows we split the cost and the work on meals and she agrees to my plans.

Mary could Sara Wall give you any contact info on her? I sure would like to talk/email her before the retreat arrives.

Remember Smokey and the Bandit movie? The song going through my head is "Gotta a long way to go, and a short time to get there".....

Hope everyone else is further along then ME.

My back is just screaming in pain from that fall yesterday. Rats all I need right now.  MRI is scheduled for this coming Monday. PRAY ceaselessly!

Have a great day. Headed for eye exam this aft. Yuck.

!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,795
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 2:23 PM | Locked

I was noticing that there are still 3 breakfasts unclaimed.  Should each room also bring a box of cereal to share?  Bagels, danish, fruit, etc?

Southwest of San Antonio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 33
Points 630
Ashley replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 2:43 PM | Locked

I was thinking about bringing a box of eggs so we would have plenty too.  Personally, I'm not much of a "breakfast person" anyway.  And I'm not used to the big dinners that are being planned!!  Wow! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 2:56 PM | Locked

Ash, chicken, egg and tuna salad and fruit doesn't a big dinner make! Silly girl. We can talk to Mary when we get there about a roommate swap. You could come to my room. Great with me. And, it is more like we "know" each other. But, Mary does have the info on both Susan and Sara, I think. Not sure though. I am sure Sara Wall would. I PM'd her but never heard back from her. 

I am just know the receipt of a large baggie of fresh picked thyme,a nd one of fresh picked oregano. Would we love for me to bring that? Does anyone know if I would have to go ahead and dry it? I don't cook much with fresh herbs so have no clue. Does anyone know about fresh picked herbs?/

Had my eyes examined. Will change the reading strength. So, new glasses. I have a clogged tear duct, so will have a diagnosis test then will have surgery to close the current tear duct and make a new one. That won't be till Fall probably. I am kinda afraid to ask "What next?".

Took a Naproxin for my back pain. Don't know what it is supposed to do but I am feeling kinda woozy. 

So think I will just go take a nap.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 3:54 PM | Locked

I will bring a gallon of fresh strawberries, some bagels and cream cheese.  So, we will have Saturday breakfast covered.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 765
Faith W replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 3:55 PM | Locked

Saturday Dinner: Mary's DH will BBQ, Kathy bringing some sides and anyone else can bring some. I will make Dump Cake for dessert.

Tuesday Breakfast:

Wednesday Breakfast:

Thursday Breakfast:

Saturday Breakfast:  Ashley, Susan and Faith

I can make my infamous Soma Sausage (Italian sausage and soma this and soma that) for dinner if there is an open night. Lots of chopping help needed and a salad as well as garlic bread.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 4:32 PM | Locked

Tuesday Breakfast:Kathy (and I will con Mary to help again)

Wednesday Breakfast:

Thursday Breakfast:

Saturday Breakfast:  Ashley, Susan and Faith

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,795
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 5:10 PM | Locked

I'm so tired of thinking... did we decide I don't need to bring bed risers for the cutting tables or my  x-large cutting mat?

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 27 of 41 (602 items) «Prev2526272829Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use