2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 10:18 PM

Do you have to go thru the Dakotas or is it a major detour if you go below them?    Never traveled thru that part of the country.   Just flown over for previous retreats.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,591
Points 118,860

Hey, have you guys seen the 10 day weather forecast for Lincoln City? Mostly sunny and fairly mild with temps close to 60. Perfect. I am so pumped. I got George set up with Skype on his laptop so we can communicate.  Actually, I did it so I can see my puppies every day. We practiced with me in the back room with my laptop. I Skyped him, he figured out how to pick up and put Sophie on. She got so excited when she saw me (or maybe it was my voice).

It'll help with my tendency to get homesick. Of course, I doubt if I'll have time to even think about being away from home.

One week, only one week.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 12:03 AM

Hmmm, I'm still holding my opinion... The Weather Underground is showing Partly cloudy Sunday & Monday, 40% chance of showers on Tues (that is as far out as they go). I'm OK with the partly cloud/sunny bit, but hope we can get away without much rain.  It poured most of the time I was there in April, so I was hoping for a little beach-walking time.  I know, I need to get my walk in on Sunday and Monday...just in case!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 12:34 PM

Nana:
Do you have to go thru the Dakotas or is it a major detour if you go below them?

We're sticking to freeways to make short work of the drive, and because we live fairly far north in MN, it is a major detour to take a more southerly route.  I think the roads will be just fine in a week's time.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820

MNnancy:

Quiltless:
You will have to come and visit me sometime, Nancy.  My house backs up to the Puget Sound.  My sewing studio has a bay window viewing the Colvos Passage.

Oh, I think I invited myself to come sew with you immediately after you posted pics of your new sewing room.  How long can I stay?  LOL

Ha!  Are you coming this way on your way back from Oregon, Nancy? 

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820

MNnancy:

Nana:
Do you have to go thru the Dakotas or is it a major detour if you go below them?

We're sticking to freeways to make short work of the drive, and because we live fairly far north in MN, it is a major detour to take a more southerly route.  I think the roads will be just fine in a week's time.

Actually, Nancy, if you stay north of the storm path through North Dakota they have not had snow there. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 1:03 PM

quiltless, we have space available, you could come to the retreat, it's not too late. 

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820

Thanks, Tami.  The view is pretty.  Most of the time I am in my sewing studio though, my eyes are on my sewing.  Still, I feel very spoiled.

Your whale watching tour in the San Juans sounds like it was exceptional.  I haven't done that yet.  I'm sure you know this, but I recently leaned that the Puget Sound resident pods of whales eat fish while the transient whales eat mammals.  Resident pods travel in larger numbers.  So, if the whale is alone -- beware!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 1:13 PM

Quiltless:
I recently leaned that the Puget Sound resident pods of whales eat fish while the transient whales eat mammals.   So, if the whale is alone -- beware!

Quiltless, that is mammals, as in seals.  So if you are wearing a black wet-suit, you might want to be careful.  Usually the whales can tell the difference because humans are such lousy swimmers compared to the seals...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 570
Points 10,120

funny Donna  Guess I am way safe

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 1:20 PM

Quiltless, Yes...why don't you join us!  We still have room and it would be fun to have you with us again...

I'm packing up projects today and trying to get things organized...just in case we are in Seattle longer than expected.  Remember, I will have DH (the world's perfect packer) along so have to have his approval on what I pack in what, etc. etc. etc.  But, on the good side, he can get an amazing amount of stuff in that car!  So, I shouldn't complain...plus I don't have to do the loading...so I really am NOT complaining!  Better get back to it!  

See you all next Sunday...7 days and counting!  Yay!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 2:26 PM

gini:

quiltless, we have space available, you could come to the retreat, it's not too late. 

Yes I think the room that was for Spud is still not taken. Wouldn't you love to join us? I think we have a wonderful location and a wonderful group of ladies this year.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 2:32 PM

I am weary........I need to get away........

On top of my usual kids/family, laundry, preserving, etc that I do, I have been battling my sinus again, my DH has been working many, many hours, he was off today, first day in 11 days. And then on top of that my DD called yesterday and said that she had a change of plans, instead of getting married next June, they are going to get Married in December, just 2 months from now. I'm tired...........I can't wait to leave it all behind for a week!!!!!!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 2:42 PM

Jacy:
.I can't wait to leave it all behind for a week!!!!!!!!

Jacy, you really do need some rejuvenation time.  Oh my, you really do.  And luckily you get to go to Retreat with all of us!!!

Can't wait...just one more week!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 5:19 PM

coupon- hope this helps.....Pam

• Post Points: 50
Page 71 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev6970717273Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use