2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,757
Points 420,164
gini replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 6:05 PM

Patti, I have a wee favor.  We'll maybe not so tiny.   Do you have a book on the convergent quilts we did last year.   I would like to finish the blocks and I think I can do it, but I'ld like a quick refresher before I cut into the panels.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,674
Points 63,985
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 7:10 PM

gini:
Do you have a book on the convergent quilts we did last year.   I would like to finish the blocks and I think I can do it, but I'ld like a quick refresher before I cut into the panels.

Gini, is that the halloween panels. I have mine pulled out and was wanting to do them to. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 7:15 PM

I want to go for a walk on the beach  RIGHT NOW.   Can you tell it has been a long day...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,674
Points 63,985
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 7:51 PM

Nana:
I want to go for a walk on the beach  RIGHT NOW.

I think it's about 20 more days, let the count down begin!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,798
Points 140,720

Nana:

I want to go for a walk on the beach  RIGHT NOW.   Can you tell it has been a long day...LOL

Bring a rain coat! Umbrella won't help on the coast, but you may need a rain coat.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 617
Points 10,755
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 8:48 PM

nope with the winds on the coast, umbrella will be nothing but a waste of time and a pain..

Sounds like you guys are going to have a really good time! And will have mostly a full harvest moon to help you out

My DFIL has to go back up to Spokane that week, probably for 3 more days. But I am still hoping to make it at least over to p-town for the quilt show and hopefully catch up with some or all of you for lunch or something.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,757
Points 420,164
gini replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 9:09 PM

Yes, jacy, those are the ones.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 10:41 AM

Tami Paul:
My DFIL has to go back up to Spokane that week, probably for 3 more days. But I am still hoping to make it at least over to p-town for the quilt show and hopefully catch up with some or all of you for lunch or something.

Tami, I take this to mean you won't be able to join us at Retreat?  If so, that is just too sad...we were all looking forward to you joining us!  But, if we can meet in Portland for a short visit, that would be great...

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 617
Points 10,755
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 11:11 AM

yes Donna that is what it means. I was really hoping it could happen. Was looking forward to seeing what these are all about and seeing the coast again and with a full moon. If I remember right during the fall you can get to see some awesome waves. But DFIL had his battery change in his pacemaker this week and for some reason his heart is making it work to hard and running the battery down to fast. They said could be a couple of reasons. the first could be meds, so they changed them , now we have to go back to Spokane that week so they can put him under again and see if that worked, if not they will have to add another wire, if they do that he will have to stay in the hospital for another day after..... But like I said I am really hoping to be able to make it to P-town to see you guys, the quilt show, the fabric store and of course my son....

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Judy T-Bellingham:

Patti, you are putting a lot of work into this retreat and want you to know how much it's appreciated. I know that's worth about the paper it's written on, but you are an awesome lady. I'm sure it's like trying to herd squirrels.

DITTO HERE!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Patti:

I'm in for the ugly fabric block.  Have you decided on the size of the block?  Any fabric choice is fine with me.  I just would like to know the size of the block.

Tami:  Sorry you won't be able to join us.

I'm so looking forward to seeing all of you again, and meeting the new ones.  Thanks for reminding me to bring a rain coat!  I've had a number of out loud giggles reading this thread this morning.  Thanks girls.

See you soon!

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 617
Points 10,755
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 12:09 PM

thanks Patty MC, but it is my FIL, not husband 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

My bad.  I corrected my post.

And you are welcome.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 2:20 PM

Patty Mc

If our posts are giving you outloud giggles just think what seeing us in person is going to do.....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,674
Points 63,985
Jacy replied on Sat, Sep 21 2013 2:42 PM

Snowbird Quilter:
I'm in for the ugly fabric block.  Have you decided on the size of the block?  Any fabric choice is fine with me.  I just would like to know the size of the block.

I was thinking 12" block. I will bring a book called 501 rotary cut blocks and Quick and Easy Block Tool. Between those 2 will give us some ideas. I picked a fabric, will keep it a surprise unless you really want to see it first. And I have been going through my stash for possible FQ's and scraps that might work with it. So there will be. a box of possibilities to dig through.

Anything else I'm forgetting?

I'll come up with a prize, and it won't be a yard of ugly fabric. Although apparently I have plenty to share!

Page 57 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev5556575859Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.