2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 1:38 PM

Donna B:
The only ones I don't have are twin sheets.

Kris I can bring you one. I'll leave the princess, trucks and space ship ones at home and bring a boring one!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 1:45 PM

As far as pre-retreat activities I'm game to do whatever the majority wants. Gini I just need to know what day we're leaving so I can pinch a few more pennies to pay  the extra hotel and meals. And to give my DH the bad news,  how many days I'll be gone!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 4:31 PM

Donna B:
75 Strips...hmmmm.  I'll have to do some cutting I think!

Guess what I did today?  

Did we emphasize to those who haven't played this before that you are using 1/2 strips (20-21 inch) for each of your 75 units?  And please don't waste a good, coordinated jelly roll set - each player will end up with a handful of strips from all the other players.  One or two people will end up being the big winners, but mostly you'll end up with a very random collection that will only be good for a scrappy quilt at best.  Those of you who played in Branson, wouldn't you agree?  It's a great game for some laughs, as is the Left-Right-Center game!  Did we decide we are playing that one for strips, too, or 5" charms like we did before?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395

MNnancy:

Donna B:
75 Strips...hmmmm.  I'll have to do some cutting I think!

Guess what I did today?  

Did we emphasize to those who haven't played this before that you are using 1/2 strips (20-21 inch) for each of your 75 units?  And please don't waste a good, coordinated jelly roll set - each player will end up with a handful of strips from all the other players.  One or two people will end up being the big winners, but mostly you'll end up with a very random collection that will only be good for a scrappy quilt at best.  Those of you who played in Branson, wouldn't you agree?  It's a great game for some laughs, as is the Left-Right-Center game!  Did we decide we are playing that one for strips, too, or 5" charms like we did before?

I am so far behind and had even forgotten about cutting up strips! On my next to do list. I have two projects cut and packed. I've got 70 pre cut blocks of SBS packaged and think that's going to be it. But I won't pack it up yet. I have a quilt top all sandwiched that I want to get quilted and bring with.

Those from Branson, should we do charms or more strips for the LRC game? I'm open. It only takes three pieces per game so we could even do fat quarters? Depending on the number who want to play, we could even have two tables to give more people a chance to win since this is an all or nothing game.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 6:13 PM

Judy

I think it would be neat to use fat quarters.   Even playing 2 games you would just need 6 FQ.   We could just grab some from our stash that we don't like or want.   Kind of like cutting the strips....a lot of people used what they considered "ugly" fabric for their strips.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395

Nana:

Judy

I think it would be neat to use fat quarters.   Even playing 2 games you would just need 6 FQ.   We could just grab some from our stash that we don't like or want.   Kind of like cutting the strips....a lot of people used what they considered "ugly" fabric for their strips.

I rather prefer the fat quarters for the LRC game also. Let's make an executive decision and do that. 

So, everyone that wants to play LRC, bring fat quarters. You'll need at least 3, more if you want to play more than one game.

At least 75  2-1/2 x 22 (approx) strips for the Strip Poker game.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,705
Points 364,352
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 10:02 PM

Jacy:

Donna B:
The only ones I don't have are twin sheets.

Kris I can bring you one. I'll leave the princess, trucks and space ship ones at home and bring a boring one!

Oh I don't mind the princess, trucks or spaceships. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 10:14 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Depending on the number who want to play, we could even have two tables to give more people a chance to win

Good idea, Judy!  Although it's fun to watch the expressions on everyone's faces, the game does get pretty long with such a big group.  We did strip poker as two tables, so we could swap half the people around and have a new grouping for LRC.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395

I have my strips for the strip poker game ready and fat quarters for the LRC game.  One more thing to mark off my To Do list.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 10:19 PM

What's the LRC game?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 10:35 PM

Patti:

What's the LRC game?

a great bunch of silliness that keeps everyone laughing. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395

Patti:

What's the LRC game?

We were laughing so hard in Branson playing this game. It was a hoot. It stands for Left Right Center and is played with dice. All you need are three fat quarters for the game. I'm bringing 6 for two games.

I'm also bringing 2 sets of the dice.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 10:02 AM

You have to watch out for Judy.   She keeps taking your last piece of fabric.....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 10:40 AM

gini:

Patti:

What's the LRC game?

a great bunch of silliness that keeps everyone laughing. 

The games will really be fun, but to be honest, we don't need them for silliness and laughter with this group!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395

Nana:

You have to watch out for Judy.   She keeps taking your last piece of fabric.....ROFLOL

Does that mean you won't sit next to me this time? :-(

Page 51 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev4950515253Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use