2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,606
Points 119,250

Patti:

Nana:

The only concern that I see is that Maggie and Spud are both early to bed people while Kris and I tend to be wee hours of the morning people. 

good point, it would be better to put the early to bed people together.

I'm an early to bed (and reading), early to rise person. But it won't bother me to room with someone who is the opposite if it doesn't bother them that I'm up and rumbling in the early am.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 11:50 AM

I forgot who else is in unit 10 with us, but I too am an early to rise and early to bed.  So anyone that wants coffee about 5am, I will have it ready (once I have adjusted to the time difference.  Before that you might have coffee at 3am:)

Judy, did Nana actually believe your early to bed to read?  I tried to convince her that is what I did in TN and she really never bought it LOL!

Kathy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,606
Points 119,250

Kathy:
but I too am an early to rise and early to bed. 

Hi Kathy

Looking forward to meeting you at the Oregon retreat. I'm not much of a night owl either. It may be called "Age-Related bedtime syndrome".  We normally bring our RV to a retreat but we didn't care for the nearby RV park we stayed in this fall so hubby is staying home.

I have to say it may be interesting with only one bathroom per 6-8 women! Porta Potti anyone? (LOL)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 12:35 PM

OMG, I was concerned with 6 women and one bathroom..when did it increase to 8?  I know about the age related syndrome which also includes 4 to 6 trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  You may have a point for a Porta Potti!

Kathy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,606
Points 119,250

Kathy:

OMG, I was concerned with 6 women and one bathroom..when did it increase to 8?  I know about the age related syndrome which also includes 4 to 6 trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  You may have a point for a Porta Potti!

I don't know if it's 8 to a bathroom, it may only be 6. But, yep, middle of the night or, especially, first thing in the morning?  Are there bushes nearby? Bring your flashlights girls. This is the Pacific Northwest, we rough it. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 8:16 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Kathy:

I don't know if it's 8 to a bathroom, it may only be 6. But, yep, middle of the night or, especially, first thing in the morning?  Are there bushes nearby? Bring your flashlights girls. This is the Pacific Northwest, we rough it. LOL

Hmmm, there is a bathroom in the sewing room isn't there?  That could serve as a back up in an emergency.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 10:34 PM

Donna B:
 Are there bushes nearby? Bring your flashlights girls. This is the Pacific Northwest, we rough it. LOL

you don't need a bush if you turn your flashlights off.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 11:16 AM

gini:

Donna B:
 Are there bushes nearby? Bring your flashlights girls. This is the Pacific Northwest, we rough it. LOL

you don't need a bush if you turn your flashlights off.

Gini, Judy t made the comment about bushes and flashlights.  I cannot in good conscience take credit...LOL!

BTW, tried to post earlier about the way my last comment appears to be included in Judy T's. (My reply was answered by a "needs moderator approval" message.)  

I think this is another QCA tech issue...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,606
Points 119,250

Donna B:
Gini, Judy t made the comment about bushes and flashlights.  I cannot in good conscience take credit...LOL!

Oh, that's OK Donna. I truly don't mind if you take credit for my bushes comment. I have a sudden vision of women charging out of the buildings in the early morning looking for bushes. Gotta wipe that one away!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 9:50 PM

Yeah, the bathroom issue.  In reading about the rooms, I was surprised to find out that this place that seems to have everything, has so few bathrooms.  I am hoping there are bathrooms in the sewing room too.  Maybe I should mix up the early birds and night owls.   Spread out the demand for bathrooms.  I certainly hope the hot water situation is better than the number of bathrooms.   I am trying to not place more than 6 people per bathroom. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 8:55 AM

Patti , just FYI  we only had one bathroom on the main floor at Walnut Place and 1/2 bathroom upstairs . We had 13 people and it seem to work out just fine . they did have an extra toilet in the basement but we very seldom used it .  Do to fact we had some different times on getting up it didn't seem to be a problem . Just Thought I'd mention this for you . It works if everyone works together . LOL    

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 9:14 AM

Everyone just may need to use lots of Depends.....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:08 AM

Nana:

Everyone just may need to use lots of Depends.....LOL

That will *depend* on the laughter level, don't you think...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 7:39 PM

5 of us shared a bathroom in leavenworth, it wasn't an issue.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,606
Points 119,250

gini:

5 of us shared a bathroom in leavenworth, it wasn't an issue.

So you didn't have a line outside the bathroom in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning? Nobody running for the bushes?  

• Post Points: 35
Page 5 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use