2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:03 PM

http://www.stitchinpost.com/directions.html

Sun.  hrs are till 4 pm at the Stitchin' post

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:06 PM

There is a free airport shuttle to Comfort Inn.

It's an easy about 3.4 miles from Comfort Inn to Fabric Depot.  I won't mind shuttling folks between there and the hotel.  Fabric Depot hours are M-S 9am to 9pm.  Sunday 10am to 7pm.  They have a large outdoor sale M-S 10am to 6pm and Sunday 10am to 6 pm.

I won't drive to the convention center for the quilt show but Max light rail goes there, about 1/2 mile walk from the hotel to the rail.  I wouldn't mind driving to where we can easily get the rail.  Quilt show hours are Thurs 10-7, Friday 10-6, and Sat 10-5.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:39 PM

Donna B:

Nana:

I am getting so excited.  I will ride with anybody...even if you have to strap me on top of the vehicle.

I'll have a ski box on top...will that do?  ROFLOL!

Yep Donna that will work....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,225
Points 41,155
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 9:51 PM

Patti:

There is a free airport shuttle to Comfort Inn.

It's an easy about 3.4 miles from Comfort Inn to Fabric Depot.  I won't mind shuttling folks between there and the hotel.  Fabric Depot hours are M-S 9am to 9pm.  Sunday 10am to 7pm.  They have a large outdoor sale M-S 10am to 6pm and Sunday 10am to 6 pm.

I won't drive to the convention center for the quilt show but Max light rail goes there, about 1/2 mile walk from the hotel to the rail.  I wouldn't mind driving to where we can easily get the rail.  Quilt show hours are Thurs 10-7, Friday 10-6, and Sat 10-5.

If you don't need my car, I may just jump on Max at Clackamas TownCenter and meet you at the convention center whenever we decide to do the Quilt Show.  

That would be easier for me too!  

I would drive direct to Fabric Depot too - it's about 12 miles from Oregon City.  (But the lodging is free...lol.)

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 11:26 PM

I have my truck that holds six, I think we have enough room,  and enough room in the back to hold a ton of stuff.  Who all would like to go the long route through sisters.   If it is overcast, there won't be much to see In the way of mountains,but it is still a pretty drive.   Since we can't check in until Sunday afternoon that gives us some leeway.    It is about three hours from Portland to the retreat.   Is that right, Donna?    It is about 8 hours through sisters and we would want to stay along the way some where.  Probably get up early Saturday morning, drive over the mountains look at the scenery, stop at the quilt shop and head back over one of the passes in the afternoon.   We would easily be at the retreat by after noon.   I can be in portland Thursday or Friday.    Jaci is riding with me, if she wants to do the quilt show and shopping in Portland,   She will need a ride to  the retreat, from portland,  but will be riding home with me.  So Donna, we may have different riders going different routes to and from the retreat.   We may need you to drive someone down.

jaci I will call as soon as I get home and work out details.   

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,806
Points 420,904
gini replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 11:26 PM

I have my truck that holds six, I think we have enough room,  and enough room in the back to hold a ton of stuff.  Who all would like to go the long route through sisters.   If it is overcast, there won't be much to see In the way of mountains,but it is still a pretty drive.   Since we can't check in until Sunday afternoon that gives us some leeway.    It is about three hours from Portland to the retreat.   Is that right, Donna?    It is about 8 hours through sisters and we would want to stay along the way some where.  Probably get up early Saturday morning, drive over the mountains look at the scenery, stop at the quilt shop and head back over one of the passes in the afternoon.   We would easily be at the retreat by after noon.   I can be in portland Thursday or Friday.    Jaci is riding with me, if she wants to do the quilt show and shopping in Portland,   She will need a ride to  the retreat, from portland,  but will be riding home with me.  So Donna, we may have different riders going different routes to and from the retreat.   We may need you to drive someone down.

jaci I will call as soon as I get home and work out details.   

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 1:28 AM

Since Fabric Depot is open until 9pm on Thurs we can go to the fabric store Thurs afternoon and then do the quilt show on Friday.   Then we would be ready to do Sisters on Saturday.    I would love to see the scenery thru the mountains.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 9:06 AM

I am still hoping to find some folks around here to fill the empty spots, is so, they may ride down with me, so not sure how much room I will have for the trip from Portland to the retreat. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 12:07 PM

Patti

I hope you are able to find someone that wants to go to the retreat with you.   I have my fingers crossed.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 305
Points 4,670

Judy T-Bellingham:

Donna B:
Friday arrivals: Patti  (Judy T???)

I'm arriving late on Saturday at my sister's place in Vancouver. 

We'll just need to figure a time to all meet up on Sunday morning. My sister's place is only about 30 minutes from the Portland airport. Does the Comfort Inn have a continental breakfast? (if so, can I crash it?) Otherwise we could all go to breakfast before hitting the road.

Is it just Patti and I available to shuttle folks from the airport to retreat on Sunday? Is it just Kris, Nana, Deb and Diana who need a ride? Any of those going with Gini to Sisters instead?

Love the planning, I'm a planner and the excitement is taking hold.

Are there are drivers who want to caravan from Portland to retreat? Donna mentioned doing that. That's a great idea as long as we all exchange cell phone numbers to keep in touch. Too easy to get separated if one driver decides to take a unplanned stop or side trip.

Just way too much fun.

I just called Comfort Inn and asked that my room be near Nana's.  Also I asked about drivers having breakfast with us, and that is okay, just a $5 fee which I am paying for my driver Judy :-)

Kris, you will beat me to the motel and just need to say you are sharing with Deb Morseth. The reservation is just in my name.

MN Deb

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 4:42 PM

I think everyone who is flying in comes Saturday at the latest.  So Sunday morning we can all gather at breakfast at the Comfort Inn.   I think there are others who are driving as well.  I don't plan on going to Sisters, just want to take my time going down along the coast. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,887
Points 142,115

Patti:

I think everyone who is flying in comes Saturday at the latest.  So Sunday morning we can all gather at breakfast at the Comfort Inn.   I think there are others who are driving as well.  I don't plan on going to Sisters, just want to take my time going down along the coast.  

Looking forward to it. Just let me know the time and I'll be there. I'm an early riser so don't worry about it being too early for me.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 8:10 PM

Just 4 weeks from today and I will be all packed.   Just waiting to go to the airport the next morning and start my journey.  Getting more excited by the day.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,175
Points 387,812
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 11:39 PM

Donna B:
Saturday arrivals:  Kris, Deb, & Darlene (by air - Noon to 2pm)  Are you 3 interested in a late afternoon/evening visit to Fabric Depot???  Or would you rather go to the quilt show?  I don't think you will have time to do both.

Shopping sounds good but I also want to do the show. I'm torn.

Judy T-Bellingham:
Is it just Kris, Nana, Deb and Diana who need a ride? Any of those going with Gini to Sisters instead?

I would love to go to Sisters. I've heard so much about this place wouldn't want to miss it.

Nana:
I am getting so excited.  I will ride with anybody...even if you have to strap me on top of the vehicle.

Ditto. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,175
Points 387,812
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 11:39 PM

MNgutsygal :
Kris, you will beat me to the motel and just need to say you are sharing with Deb Morseth. The reservation is just in my name.

Thanks Deb.

Page 49 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev4748495051Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.