2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:02 AM

Here's the updated list for travel, Portland lodging, and sewing machines.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Arrival dates and pre-retreat plans.

Nana arrives Thursday Oct 10  at 2:30. (and leaves Sat 20th, flying out at 2:30.)

Donna will be in the area starting Thurs Oct 10, and willing to shuttle people to Fabric Depot, Quilt Show, or to Sister's

Diana arrives 11 am Thursday Oct 10.

Kris arrives Sat at noon and flies out early Saturday morning. 7:35 am.

Deb arrives 1:30 on Sat.

Three rooms are reserved by various members at Comfort Inn.  Diana has a room for Thurs, Fri, and Sat.  Nana, Jacy and Gini will room with her.   Deb has a room for Saturday and Kris will share her room.

I have a room for Friday and Saturday, and am trying to convince a friend to come along and fill an empty space.  If not, I will be able to share the room.

Those flying who will need machines?

Judy T is bringing a machine for Deb.  I will bring my pfaff for Nana.

Diana, Darlene.   What about you Karla?

Please if you are flying, don't trust the airlines with your machine, let someone bring one for you.  

those flying in who will need ground transportation, rides with others to get to retreat, etc. :

Nana, Kris, Deb, Diana, is that only 4 of you flying in?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:13 AM

We still have opening for one or two in unit 9.  And I could still use a room mate.  Please contact friends, etc to see if they are interested in the retreat.  I will be visiting our local quilt store to see if I can find anyone interested. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:20 AM

Patti we are flying in but I think we will try and rent a car.We are arriving about 2 on Sat and leaving about noon on the Fri.I will need to borrow a machine please.We are staying at the Comfort inn so hopefully we can follow some one to retreat .i am getting so excited to see the coast and meet everyone.

Darlene(2manyhorses)

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 8:18 AM

Patti:
Those of you who have units outside the 4 plex need to pay directly to Beachcomber's Haven right away unless you have already done so.  It should be paid in full one month before we get there.   That would be unit 8, Donna and Jan and their DH's, Darlene and DH in Upper Carousel, Nancy and DH in Lower Carousel.

Della at Beachcombers says that those of us outside the 4-plex can pay the rest with credit card once we arrive.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 11:38 AM

Darlene:
.We are staying at the Comfort inn so hopefully we can follow some one to retreat .i am getting so excited to see the coast and meet everyone.

Darlene, we will be happy to lead a "caravan" of cars on Sunday morning to the Coast.  It's our home territory and know the most direct route with the least traffic (if that's ever possible).   

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 11:41 AM

Patti:
Donna will be in the area starting Thurs Oct 10, and willing to shuttle people to Fabric Depot, Quilt Show, or to Sister's

I/we will be in Portland area late on Thursday 10/10.  I will be available to shuttle people around as needed to Fabric Depot &/or the Quilt Show on Friday and Saturday. (As Gini had already volunteered to drive to Sisters, and has enough room in her truck, I will pass on that side trip.)

Thursday arrivals: Nana and Diana (by air) - Jacy and Gini by car/truck

Friday arrivals: Patti  (Judy T???)

Saturday arrivals:  Kris, Deb, & Darlene (by air - Noon to 2pm)  Are you 3 interested in a late afternoon/evening visit to Fabric Depot???  Or would you rather go to the quilt show?  I don't think you will have time to do both.

Any others "congregating" in Portland? 

Who is still in need of a machine?  I can bring my FW along for someone to use.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 11:46 AM

I know I said previously that I would be happy to give transportation from the airport to the retreat, but apparently I didn't think that through very well - according to DH...lol!

As we are staying an extra 2 days at the coast, we wouldn't be able to give that person a ride back to the airport until Sunday Oct 20th, so doubt that would work very well.   It looks like between Gini, Patti, and Judy T all the air-travelers should be covered.  But, in a pinch...I will work something out!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

Donna B:
Friday arrivals: Patti  (Judy T???)

I'm arriving late on Saturday at my sister's place in Vancouver. 

We'll just need to figure a time to all meet up on Sunday morning. My sister's place is only about 30 minutes from the Portland airport. Does the Comfort Inn have a continental breakfast? (if so, can I crash it?) Otherwise we could all go to breakfast before hitting the road.

Is it just Patti and I available to shuttle folks from the airport to retreat on Sunday? Is it just Kris, Nana, Deb and Diana who need a ride? Any of those going with Gini to Sisters instead?

Love the planning, I'm a planner and the excitement is taking hold.

Are there are drivers who want to caravan from Portland to retreat? Donna mentioned doing that. That's a great idea as long as we all exchange cell phone numbers to keep in touch. Too easy to get separated if one driver decides to take a unplanned stop or side trip.

Just way too much fun.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 1:10 PM

The only transportation we really need to worry about is Sunday morning going from Portland to Beachcomber's.   The Portland transit system is amazing, starts at the airport and goes everywhere.   We will squeeze everyone and their stuff in.  Where there is a will there is a way. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 4:14 PM

Patti and Judy, I am sure Gini is planning on "transporting" some too.  So it shouldn't be a problem.

I too will be about 30 minutes from the airport...but south along I-205 at Oregon City.  If necessary, we can drive up to the airport to meet with everyone or we can meet up at an easy exit near Oregon City.  As we get closer to the day, I also will pm my cell phone to the other drivers.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 4:22 PM

Patti:

The only transportation we really need to worry about is Sunday morning going from Portland to Beachcomber's.   The Portland transit system is amazing, starts at the airport and goes everywhere.   We will squeeze everyone and their stuff in.  Where there is a will there is a way. 

Patti, do you know if there is a transit station close to Fabric Depot?  I am not sure...

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 4:53 PM

I am getting so excited.  I will ride with anybody...even if you have to strap me on top of the vehicle.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 5:24 PM

I posted a TrI Met map summary on how to get to Fab. Depot from PDX but it says it has to go thru moderators 1st.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 5:25 PM

It is 7.7 miles from PDX...does hotel have a shuttle van?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 10 2013 5:50 PM

Nana:

I am getting so excited.  I will ride with anybody...even if you have to strap me on top of the vehicle.

I'll have a ski box on top...will that do?  ROFLOL!

Winthrop, WA

Page 48 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev4647484950Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use