2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:25 AM

Nana:

I have some really good news ...   I was telling Lewis how fast the Oregon trip is filling up and he asked If Patti had my name on the list,  I told him that Patti is tentatively holding me a spot until I figure out finances.  He looked at me and said you tell her to put you on the list.   You will be going to Oregon.   WooHoo....I am on cloud 9.   To be able to come and have fun with all of you again and to see someplace I have never been at the sametime is a dream come true.

Yay, That's fantastic news!!!!  You will really love it there!  I am getting excited too and it's almost a year away...we all will have such a great time.  (I am such an Oregon Girl...even after many years in Washington, Oregon is still home and very dear to my heart.) Woo Hoo...

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:26 AM

Here are the tentative arrangements:

in the 4 plex:

unit 9, no stairs.  2 bed rooms, one with queen and one with twins.  Marge and Lee, Judy E. and DH

unit 10, no stairs 3 bedrooms.  room 1 is a queen bed, Kathy and Roberta: room 2 is twin beds for Kris and Maggie, room 3 has queen bed for Nana and Spud.

unit 11, upstairs 2 bed rooms.  room 1 has queen bed, Gini and Jacy.  room 2 has twin beds Judy t and Elizabeth.  In the hide-a-bed in the living room Andrea and Patti

unit 12, upstairs 2 bed rooms one with queen bed and the other with 2 twins.  Donna and DH, Jan and DH. 

Unit 8, 3 bedrooms one is downstairs and the other 2 are upstairs.  Queen in room downstairs, upstairs one bedroom has queen and the other has 2 twin beds.

Bertie and her DH, and Karla and her DH.  Room for one more couple. 

Lower Carrosel: Nancy and Randy.

I have tried to assign according to what has been requested.  All the units have one hideabed in the common area, such as the living room.  We may need to use the hideabed in unit 10 if we have another single coming.  Let me know if any additional changes are needed.  Or check with each other to see if anyone wants to switch.  for more information on the rooms, go to the Beachcomber's Haven website. 

Or Andrea and I could use the twin beds in unit 8, and have no more couples.  We are essentially full now, unless we use the hideabeds. 

Let me know what you all think.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:21 AM

I am thrilled, the arrangement is perfect.  And to be in the unit with Nana is an added benefit since I know her from the TN retreat.  I am sure I read someplace what the deposit is but haven't found it again.  So if you let me know that we will send you our deposit and then just hope and pray we can stay well and alive for a year.  Roberta is excited too as she has been trying to get me to Oregon for over 2 years.  Thanks again Patti.

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 10:54 AM

Patti

The only concern that I see is that Maggie and Spud are both early to bed people while Kris and I tend to be wee hours of the morning people.   Maggie and Spud may prefer to share a room.  Just want to make sure that we don't disturb our room mates.   I don't mind sleeping anywhere as you know but I just want to be considerate of those that go to bed at a "normal" time....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:26 PM

Hi Patti,

can you add Pat Ann to the list? She's a night owl as well.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 12:15 AM

Nana:

The only concern that I see is that Maggie and Spud are both early to bed people while Kris and I tend to be wee hours of the morning people. 

good point, it would be better to put the early to bed people together.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 8:35 PM

I am going to break this up into a couple different posts.  This one is about cost, so everyone will know (and can check my math) how I came up with the amounts. Will start with the easiest, Lower Carousel is $660.  That is the price they gave me.

Unit 8, 3 bed room, 2 bathrooms.  Cost is $770.  If 2 couples 365 per couple, 3 couples would work out to $385.

The 4 plex is the most difficult to figure.  Units 9 and 10 were advertised as $165 per day and units 11 and 12 went for $210 per day.  165 divided by 210 is 0.7857.  So units 9 and 10 are 78.57 percent of 210.  I pro-rated the cost based on the lowered price given to us of $2750 for all the 4 plex for the 5 nights.  The makes the cost of unit 9 and 10 each: $121 per day and units 11 and 12 each : $154 per day.  Those amounts are then divided by the people in those rooms.  Keep in mind that this is much lower than the advertised price.  And that price did not include the 10 percent tax!

I had to make a non-refundable deposit of $100 for the carousel, $100 for the 4-plex, and $100 for unit 8.  I have to pay 50% of what is left by Jan 15.  I am requesting payment by Jan 1.  I know it is a long way off, and some plans may change, you can get reimbursed as someone takes and pays for the place. 

Beachcomber's Haven then wants the balance 30 days before the retreat.  But I will want the balance by July 1, as that will give time to find replacements if need be.  Again no reimbursement unless a replacement is found.

More about the rooms after dinner!

I can't afford to take on costs beyond the expense of my lodging.  So this is a gamble for me, on which I am betting we will still have a full house.  I think the riskes are pretty ood.  But if we want to do this retreat again in 2014, someone else willhave to organize it.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 9:06 PM

Patti

I totally understand. I had to do the same thing when I did the VA beach retreat.   When you do whole complex or houses the payment is set up way different and it isn't refundable.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 10:03 PM

Ok, I am back! 

In Leavenworth the rooms without stairs went to those for whom stairs would be difficult to navigate.  I believe we need to do the same in Oregon.  So I have made some changes from the original requests as not all the rooms we requested were available.  There are also some of those who because of medical problems must have a bed to themselves, so I have made some of the assignments according to this.  Then there are the night owls and the early birds.  (Thanks Nana for reminding me of this.)  I have made room assignments according to what I think I know, if I am wrong or have forgotten something, let me know.  Also this is not written in stone.  It is a suggestion and go ahead and talk with others if you want to switch with them.  If they are agreeable, it's fine with me.  We may be doing some switching of Unit 8 and 12.  I am waiting for a response on that so, that is very tentative right now. You won't see my name in there, as I am going to float and fill whatever hole shows up. 

Lower Carousel: Nancy and Randy.

Unit 8,  room #1, downstairs: Bertie and DH.  #2 Up stairs: Karla and DH.   #3 up stairs, one more couple or 2 singles.  2 bathrooms, one up and one down.

Unit 9: downstairs, no stairs.  #1queen, Judy E, and DH  #2 twins: Marge and Lee   2 bathrooms.

Unit 10: downstairs, 1 bathroom.  #1 queen Kathy and Roberta, #2 twins: Elizabeth and Maggie.  #3 queen: Spud and Jacy.

Unit 11: upstairs, 1 bathroom. #1 queen: Gini and Nana.  #2 twins: Kris and Judy T, queen hide-a-bed in living room, Pat and Andrea.

Unit 12: upstairs, 1 bathroom.  #1queen: Donna and DH, #2 twins: Jan and DH. 

Let me know what you think.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 11:54 PM

Patti:

Unit 8, 3 bed room, 2 bathrooms.  Cost is $770.  If 2 couples 365 per couple, 3 couples would work out to $385.

Patti, unless I am really tired and missing something here...  $770 divided by 2 couples = $385 per couple and $770 divided by 3 couples = $257 per couple.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 5:06 AM

Donna B:
Patti, unless I am really tired and missing something here...

Looks like I was the tired one.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 5:28 AM

If I understand this, and I am not the best at math, unit 10 would be $726 for 6 nights divided by 6 people would be $121 per person plus 10% tax or$133.10.  If this is correct let me know and I will get the deposit for Roberta and I off immediately so you will not be in a negative cash position.

I am not sure if I am figuring 6 nights or 5 nights so it might be $111.00 for 5 nights per person.

Kathy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 9:30 AM

Unit 10 is $121 per day for the unit, x 5 days = $605 divided by 6 people = $108.34 per person.  That tax is already included.

If my math is right.  Not sure how many will end up yet in each room, but room 10 is full at 6.  We could add someone in the hide-a-bed, but there is only one bathroom.!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 9:36 AM

For those interested, we can have pet for an extra deposit for the room.  Just make sure your room mated are OK with this. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 12:44 PM

Patti:

For those interested, we can have pet for an extra deposit for the room.  Just make sure your room mated are OK with this. 

YES!!!  I was just going to call Beachcombers Haven and ask about this!  Tasha would love to come to the beach and hike with DH & Jan's DH.  (Jan & DH love Tasha too, and I have already OK'd this with them.)

Do you know the deposit amount or should I call them and do the pet deposit with them?

Winthrop, WA

Page 4 of 82 (1227 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use