2013 Oregon coast, Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach. Oct 13-18.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,226 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti Posted: Tue, Oct 9 2012 12:09 AM

Check in Oct 13, check out Oct 18

We have 14 tentatively signed up, with space for 6 more participants.  Husband's not sewing are not considered participants.  Looks like we have 6 husbands who will be coming so far. 

Room reservations and payment are different than for Leavenworth.  Total cost is going to be $4180.  I will need to pay half by Jan 15.  I will private message each of those who have signed up with approximate costs this next week.  January to October is a long time, and I know it is difficult to commit financially, but we could make refunds if replacements are found.

Please private message me if you are interested and not already signed up.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 95
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:11 AM

Hi  Patti

I sent you a PM about signing up for this retreat for me and my hubby (who will not be quilting).

from TN

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Patti:
Room reservations and payment are different than for Leavenworth.  Total cost is going to be $4180.

So, if there are 20 quilters and perhaps 10 hubbys that would be about $140 per person.  Is that right?  

People, this is a drop dead gorgeous location. I stopped there last month and spoke with the manager. The beach is across the street, the units are apartments with kitchens, living rooms, the whole she-bang. The sewing room is to die for with supplied ironing boards, irons, cutting tables and mats. 

This section of the Oregon Coast down to Florence is the most scenic (in my opinion). There is a Joann's nearby but the nearest local shop is south about 30 miles. Not far but allow over an hour or more drive each way and a must for anyone visiting the coast for the first time. 

Patti, when I was there a quilt retreat was in session. Some quilters two 6' tables per person. One woman had a large round table all to herself.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Wow, already signed up for a retreat next October! George is staying home this time so I'll be driving down and bunking with everyone. Doesn't matter what the weather is,  this part of the Oregon Coast is AWESOME.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 5:46 PM

Guys I am crunching numbers and working on trying to make this one.  I will definitely try really hard.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Nana:

Guys I am crunching numbers and working on trying to make this one.  I will definitely try really hard.

Honey, you crunch real hard. This is a not-to-be-missed retreat and it looks like it's already nearly full. I passed up buying a Singer Featherweight for $250 just so I could go to this retreat.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 9:53 PM

Here is the room situation.  We have reserved 9, 10, 11, 12 in the 4 plex (necessary to get the sandbox meeting room for free) and the lower carosel, and #8.  They are giving us a special deal on the rooms, so they are even lower than the advertised rate.  Going to keep rooms 10 and 11 for singles which are at this time tentatively Elizabeth, Spud, Nana, Judy T, Maggie, Kris, Jacy, Gini, and me (DH says he can't come.)

Couples we have Nancy and Randy in the lower Carosel,  Marge and Lee, Judy E. and DH I have put in unit 9 as Duplex 6 was not available and this won't have as many stairs.   Donna and Jan and husbands I have upgraded to unit 12, with stairs but still at lower price than you would have had with unit 9.  That leaves unit 8 which is a very nice unit with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths.  I was thinking that we could have two or 3 couples sharing that unit.  Bertie and DH, and someone else from Tennessee and her DH?  I don't remember the name right now.  If you add another couple, that will enable the cost of that unit to be split 3 ways. 

Not everyone will be paying the same price, it depends on which room you get.  On the lower end the prices will be about 150 per individual per week, maybe less for the week.  On the upper end, it looks like about $300 per person for the 5 nights. I will send more details to the couples about costs.  Go ahead and look at Beachcomber's Haven website for a description of the rooms.  I know there are twins, doubles and queen beds, and even a king, but not sure of which bed rooms have twins and and or doubles/queens.  I can get that info later when we "assign" beds.  

So, we have room for 4 more singles, or 3 singles and a couple.  

If the arrangements are unsatisfactory, let me know.  I am sure we could do some switching around.   Also many of you are "tentative."  So there may be more openings.  I will need payment of half by January 1, if you want to hold your spot.   Reimbursements can be made if a replacement is found.    More details on exact amounts later.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,803
Points 352,157
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 12:56 AM

Nana:

Same here. I might have to give up Branson. I've been to Missouri but never to Oregon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:19 AM

I am upset and I am trying not to be - but I really want to meet Nana and Kris and now because the Beachcombers retreat has been set so close to the date of the Branson retreat where we are all going to meet up ... now because of this people are talking about cancelling the Branson to go to the west coast - is there any chance that we can stretch the distance between the retreats so that those with money issues don't need to crunch numbers but can enjoy all the retreats.  

I hate it that there may be cancellations as this is what happened last year with the Walnut retreat - the west coast Leavenworth retreat was scheduled during and people cancelled from the Walnut Retreat...I think that we should schedule them at least 2 months separations so all can enjoy!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Thea. Branson is in April and Oregon is mud October. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Oops. I mean Branson is the first week of March and Oregon is mid October

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:47 AM

Judy ,I think she meant the Leavenworth retreat ,she just got them backwords

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:18 AM

Do you still have room for one more couple in this one?  DH (Sonny) who does not quilt and I would love to attend this one.   Missouri in March and Oregon in October sounds like it can be really workable for us.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Barbara:

Judy ,I think she meant the Leavenworth retreat ,she just got them backwords

Thanks Barbara. Getting things backwards is something I can relate to. I think it's my middle name! LOL.  I know how Thea feels. There are so many retreats, which is good as it gives more folks choices, but it means they're bound to overlap.  As for Leavenworth I suspect Patti couldn't get it any other time. Earlier would mean possibility of closed passes because of snow. Later would get into the prime season which would be either very expensive or unavailable.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:55 AM

I still am planning on going to Branson.  I am just trying to work numbers to make it to Oregon too.   I have never been to either place.  And I really want to go to Branson to meet Frances and some of the others that I haven't had a chance to meet.    So Thea don't worry ... Branson is pretty much a definite unless something happen between now and then.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 65
Page 1 of 82 (1227 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use