rated by 0 users
This post has 169 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Fri, May 24 2013 11:49 AM

Linda:

Notice to all participants......I will be emailing revised phone lists and kitchen schedules hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning.

Hint:  Don't work on these type of things late at night after you have taken your bedtime medications!!!! Also look at the correct calendar!

Thank you Sheila for answering questions while I had no computer and for calling all the shops for me.   HUGS

Revised?  From what?  I did get the email, so I have an idea of what's going on.  Do we have a plan for the shop hop yet?

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Fri, May 24 2013 9:22 PM

Ginny:

Linda,  I was gone this afternoon until now.  I brought my mail in to the computer with me and while the computer did its thing I noticed an envelope from you.  I got it .  I love the name tags.   Thanks for all of the pertinent info.   Ginny

Revised pertinent info being mailed tomorrow. Throw that pertinent info away PLEASE.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Sun, May 26 2013 7:40 AM

Susie:

Linda:

Notice to all participants......I will be emailing revised phone lists and kitchen schedules hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning.

Hint:  Don't work on these type of things late at night after you have taken your bedtime medications!!!! Also look at the correct calendar!

Thank you Sheila for answering questions while I had no computer and for calling all the shops for me.   HUGS

Revised?  From what?  I did get the email, so I have an idea of what's going on.  Do we have a plan for the shop hop yet?

I think you all can go shop hopping together. I'm not in much condition to keep up with all of you. I might just go to the 2 shops I'm interested in and call it my shop hop and go back for a nap providing there is 1 other person of the same mind.  I have some vintage blocks I want to ask a couple shop owners about.  If I stay out all afternoon with you girls I'll be in bed all evening and late the next morning. I may change my mind when I get there however. But I tire easily and this new body brace is something to lug around.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Fri, May 31 2013 6:00 PM

The count down has begun, Buggy Babes, 19 days...........

Do you have your exchange blocks done and signed? Talked to your meal partners to plan wonderful meals?  Dont forget you can bring snacks to share or keep to yourself. Have everything together so you don't forget anything? Checking your list twice? Don't forget those empty credit cards for shopping. I believe husbands have given permission to spend as much as you like!!

I received a call today from Mary at Rural Thimble. She asks that you all send your final payments of $184 to me and that I just give her one check. Soooooo. please, please mail your final payment to me as soon as possible so that I will have the money in the bank to write that final check.

Check in starts at 9:00 am. I probably won't be there until about 9:30. Mary says she will let people in at 9:00 even if I'm not there yet. Since we did not plan for breakfast tht morning I suggest everyone to stop for breakfast along the way.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Sending quilty hugs,   Linda 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Fri, May 31 2013 8:01 PM

Linda, I have my quilt squares done but not signed yet.  Don't have a list.  Guess I'll just grab what I think I need at the last minute.  I haven't talked to anyone about the food yet--guess I'd better get on that.   I had thought I would pay for my retreat cost on my credit card--is that a no,no?   Let me know and I will send you a check, but 1st I'll have to find a stamp.   Ginny

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 4:49 AM

Ginny:

Linda, I have my quilt squares done but not signed yet.  Don't have a list.  Guess I'll just grab what I think I need at the last minute.  I haven't talked to anyone about the food yet--guess I'd better get on that.   I had thought I would pay for my retreat cost on my credit card--is that a no,no?   Let me know and I will send you a check, but 1st I'll have to find a stamp.   Ginny

Sorry Ginny I don't accept credit cards only checks. please.  Send check to my home address. I will send you  a PM with the address. Look at it this way, you now have more money on your credit card to spend!!!!   Hugs.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 11:40 AM

Sheila,

You can be there by 9:00 am????????? And you are coming from a much farther distance than I am. But yes I would be pleased if you could greet everyone till I get there. You have the list of room assignments...you and I are in the downstairs bedroom. I'm in the bed that is suppose to be pushed up against the wall. Everyone can start getting their machines set up and start sewing. However, if someone should bring some goodies to eat for a mid-morning snack I wouldn't complain. I'm bringing 2 zucchini breads. One is for Thursday breakfast tho. I will probably make something else too.

When I get there I will set up an area for the things everyone wants to get rid of. I'll have to find a space for it.

OK....12 more days, Buggy Babes.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 12:52 PM

I may just be working on our exchange blocks at the retreat!  I am soooo far behind I feel like I will never be caught up!  Maybe I can get a good part of them done this weekend.  I'm heading out early--not feeling very good today, but if I'm at home and can be vertifal, I'll at least get started on them.

8 1/2" finished, right?  I just want to make sure that I get the right size on them :)

I'll coordinate with Sheila & Ginny once more about meals before I plan my shopping.  I'd prefer to get it done ahead of time, but no guarantees, you know?

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Fri, Jun 7 2013 8:27 PM

Susie please don't get yourself in a frenzy.  8=1/2" is correct. And don't forget to sign them.   I'm sure there will be some of us having to go to the grocery store when we get down there so don't worry if you forget something.

I've been down with fever most of the week so I have doctor appt. tomorrow am. My temps have been up/down all week.Anything but normal. And only 12 days to go....

OK I'm off to bed now. /can't hold my eyes open. Hugs.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 3:13 PM

Ginny:

I haven't talked to anyone about the food yet--guess I'd better get on that.   .   Ginny

Ginny--I sent you an email outside the QCA site.  Please let me know if you didn't get it!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 6:46 PM

Susie,  I don't recall getting a message from you.  We have lunch on Thurs.  Any ideas?  I could make up a batch of ratatouille if nothing else.  It is a dish that I call my summertime soup.  Tomatoes, peppers, onions,summer squash, zucchini squash and eggplant.  We would just need a good bread to go with it.

Or do you have a suggestion or two?  Can I call you if need be?   Don't know when you work or when you are home.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:26 AM

Ginny:

Susie,  I don't recall getting a message from you.  We have lunch on Thurs.  Any ideas?  I could make up a batch of ratatouille if nothing else.  It is a dish that I call my summertime soup.  Tomatoes, peppers, onions,summer squash, zucchini squash and eggplant.  We would just need a good bread to go with it.

Or do you have a suggestion or two?  Can I call you if need be?   Don't know when you work or when you are home.    Ginny

Well girls I am bringing 2 loaves of zucchini bread and 1 loaf of banana bread for Thursday's breakfast. We are having somekind of breakfast casserole. I don't have to put out all this bread that morning if you would like to use a loaf of the zucchini bread. for Thursday lunch.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:36 AM

Buggy Babes, the countdown continues.......one week from today!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it????? It's almost here!!!!!!!

Reminders:

1. Working on your menues? Got everything ready to go?

2. Got your exchange blocks finished and signed?

3. Got all the projects you're bringing packed and sitting by the door ready to go?

4. Got your suitcase with your clothes, meds, etc packed and sitting by the dooor ready to go?

If you answered no to any of the above questions, What the heck are you waiting for?? There's only one week left! Get a move on! I'm so excited I can't stand it!

Here we come Rural Thimble......Look out the Buggy Babes are on their way!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:36 AM

Ginny-- I will PM you.

Linda--HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA!  I am SOOOO  ready for this, but not packed, not even a pin!  I'm trying to get ready for a weekend trip to Michcgan for my son's football game this Saturday.  Then I will focus on getting ready for retreat.

I do have my blocks READY to be sewn, but the pieces are only attached by iron-on webbing right now.  MAYBE I will have them done before I leave for Michgan, but no promises.  I may just be stitching them as my first project in Ohio!

Is there a pool/hot tub?  Just wondering if I need my bathing suit....

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:25 PM

Susie:

Ginny-- I will PM you.

Linda--HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA!  I am SOOOO  ready for this, but not packed, not even a pin!  I'm trying to get ready for a weekend trip to Michcgan for my son's football game this Saturday.  Then I will focus on getting ready for retreat.

I do have my blocks READY to be sewn, but the pieces are only attached by iron-on webbing right now.  MAYBE I will have them done before I leave for Michgan, but no promises.  I may just be stitching them as my first project in Ohio!

Is there a pool/hot tub?  Just wondering if I need my bathing suit....

The main floor bath has a corner jacuzzi tub and walk-in shower. Now that may be in the downstairs bedroom. It's not clear. It does say additional 1/2 bath on main floor.  Linens and towels are supplied. No daily maid service. But there is a washer & dryer. Free wifi. Satellite tv.

In the kitchen there is a microwave, toaster, crock pot, 2 coffee makers, dishes, pots & pans. Coffee, teabags, hot chocolate, salt, pepper & seasoning salt are supplied.

In workroom there are 3 irons/ironing boards, 2 cutting tables/mats, multiple outlets. 10 sewing stations w a 4 ft melamine table, adjustable padded swivel office chair, 3 drawer cart and waste basket.

I think they thought of everything. Just a few more days.

Page 6 of 12 (170 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use