You are going to love the museum, have fun

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,799
Points 122,975

Ladies

I have a cold.  We are still at my sis in laws place in Bloomington and heading towards Branson this afternoon with a stop along the way. We were going to make the 425 mile drive in one day. But changed our minds and will do it in 2 days so I can rest.

Here's the thing. Does anyone have a health situation with the immune system is delicate?  The last thing I want to do is give anyone my cold. I can always borrow Nana's sewing machine and stitch away in our hotel room.

Deb, wouldn't be a good idea for us to be table buddies. I am SO bummed. Haven't had a cold in I can't remember when.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:48 AM

Judy ,Thea does but we already planned to keep her away form you so you don't have to barricade yourself in your room . I can bring you a surgical mask to wear ,then you should be ok .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:52 AM

Judy I packed some up ,I have an entire box of them so you are good ,they are light and easy to wear. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,799
Points 122,975

Barbara:

Judy ,Thea does but we already planned to keep her away form you so you don't have to barricade yourself in your room . I can bring you a surgical mask to wear ,then you should be ok .Barbara

thanks Barbara. You're prepared for anything! I do have a mask, picked it up yesterday to protect my sis in law. I'm also living with a bottle of hand sanitizer. Dr Oz (who drives me nuts but George watches him!) says a cold is more contact spread and not airborne unless you sneeze on someone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 9:12 AM

Judy I'm going to goahead and bring you some anyway ,you should use a fresh one daily anyway. I= As i stated I have an enitre box of them .so not a problem .Hope it doens't last to long , esp since you took the Zicam.   Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,577
Points 246,557
Thea replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 9:17 AM

I will fortify myself with foltx - it is what I take when I am going to church each Sunday and if you are taking Zicam or Cold Eze - hopefully you will be better quickly.  I have a compromised immune system from my RA and the biologic drugs that they gave me.  I won't be able to hug you but we can yell across the room to each other.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 289
Points 4,460

Judy T-Bellingham:

Deb, wouldn't be a good idea for us to be table buddies. I am SO bummed. Haven't had a cold in I can't remember when.

Judy, I am not afraid of your cold.  I will be exposed on the plane anyway. I will still be your table buddie!

I am reserving a car and will drive myself tomorrow night.  The flight time is bad and I didn't know the airport was so far away. Also, you never know if the flight will be on time. See you all sometime tomorrow night :-)

MN Deb from Mall of America Land 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 9:22 AM

Ok thanks Deb ,look foward to meeting you drive safe,you should be use to crappy weather , LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,479
Points 417,064
gini replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 9:31 AM

Deb, what time are you getting in?   Sam can come get you. It is only an hour away.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 6:29 PM

I see the last posting was Friday morning, so I'm guessing Barbara is there by now, so that's two quilters.  Anyone else pulling in this evening?

We left 'Nawlins mid-morning, and we followed the "Great River Road" up through Louisiana and Arkansas.  We're holed up just south of Little Rock this evening, and we should pull into Branson by noon tomorrow.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,799
Points 122,975

MNnancy:
we should pull into Branson by noon tomorrow.

We are 150 miles north in Columbia, Missouri. We decided to take a slight detour when leaving Bloomington. I told George there was a wonderful quilt shop in Hannibal, MO that I'd like to go to. He said "How much would that add to our trip? I mumbled "75 miles". He shook his head but was OK with that.

The Hickory stick in Hannibal is a wonderful shop and I spent a bit of money. Not much. At least that George knows about. Small bag so he figures it's about $10 worth. Why disillusion him?

See everyone tomorrow. The Zicam seems to be working and I don't feel bad. Definitely have a cold so will use Barbara's masks to protect Thea.

Excited to get there and get sewing and playing games! Bring on the strip poker. We are leaving Thursday afternoon, so hopefully we'll get the games in before then.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:05 PM

nancy ,yeah we have a couple of others here , Ruth Ann and her hubby are here (so busy) and karla and sonny are here ,we got everything all set up and ready for all of you when you get here. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:21 PM

Waaaaa!  Are you all sewing already?  We could have made it tonight if we had pushed it.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,030
Points 19,830

Wish we were on the road!  Bill says we can do in one day but that was before he got his cold.  He is taking medicine and hopefully will be better soon as he has surgery on the 11th.  I'll probably have to do a lot of the driving so I won't last long tomorrow night if I do.

Page 82 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev8081828384Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use