rated by 0 users
This post has 1,249 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 7:44 PM

MNnancy:

Bonita, I can bring an extra spool of Auriful for you.  Would a neutral beige be okay?

Bonita, I believe I sent a spool of Aurifil thread to you in your birthday package, so you may already have one.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,801
Points 67,540
Bonita replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 7:52 PM

Elaine, I didn't make it to JoAnns today after all, decided to wait and go to the one and only quilt shop even close to me tomorrow. It's a nice shop and they will most likely have some. Looking forward to meeting you too. I feel as though I already know some of you ladies from all your posts. But nothing like meeting in person.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,801
Points 67,540
Bonita replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 7:55 PM

MNnancy:

Bonita, I can bring an extra spool of Auriful for you.  Would a neutral beige be okay?

Thank you for the offer Nancy if I don't find some tomorrow I'll be happy to buy yours.

Nancy I responded to your post befroe I read Jacy's and sure enough she did send me one, Thanks again for your kind offer. You guy's are going to be such fun to play with.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,801
Points 67,540
Bonita replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 7:58 PM

Jacy:

Bonita, I believe I sent a spool of Aurifil thread to you in your birthday package, so you may already have one.

Oh my gosh where is my head today. You sure did Jacy and that will save me a trip to the LQS. Thanks again for the BD gift.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 12:53 AM

Bonita ,I should have told you you can use the spool that's on there , as well . Sorry I've been kinda busy with the RR  group .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,553
Points 246,002
Thea replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 6:35 AM

Hello all!  I have been holding my breath as to whether I was going to be able to come and will truly be holding it until we are there - BUT - 

the NH said that we should go that no decision to stop her treatment would be made until after I get back - I had so many fears from what they were saying because if she didn't work with the therapists she would be put in the category that "she refused treatment"  - which truly was not true... but it was what the new Medicare plans have in place... from day #1 she was supposed to put 40 minutes with 3 different therapist Mon-Fri and if any one said she wasn't trying she would be categorized as quitting... it didn't matter that she was 87 - that they have put her on psychotic drugs and had a negative reaction to them - nope that does not matter - so I had to find a way to get through to her and to walk that fine line between wanting to take the people there and knock their heads together for a reality check and getting them to use some common sense.  

For the moment common sense has taken the forefront but for how long I do not know.  She is trying to do what they ask but if you have ever broken a bone - even after the bone is set it does take a while before you can do anything without the pain being foremost in your mind and at 87 you kind of give up...

But I am coming and I hope to have a week of relaxation where I don't have to worry about my Mom at all.  I have tons of projects cut and ready to go and the car will be packed to the roof... it is a little car so I can't bring that much since part of the car will have my DH in it...teehee... maybe I will strap him to the rag top...teehee... anyway... I am excited finally about coming and looking forward to meeting the new faces and hugging and laughing with all of you.  

Jay's birthday is the 4th so I have ordered a cake so please plan on singing Happy Birthday to him on that day.  

Can't wait to relax and be in Branson!

Could someone list what we need for all the games so that I can make sure I have what I need for everything we are doing.  I tried to look back through the pages but it is really confusing to this brain this morning... thank you in advance for setting me straight on what I need.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:25 AM

Hi Thea!  Glad to hear you can make it.  Sounds like you need some fun in your life!

For the games, you'll need 75 2-1/2 inch strips 20-21 inches in length.  You'll also need some 5-inch charms.  Don't know that I heard how many of those... a dozen?  Diana said she'd bring plenty extra for everyone, so don't worry yourself about that.

We have a white elephant gift exchange planned, so wrap up some quilting goody for that.  Those who are interested are going to make chicken pincushions.  Nana is bringing the crushed walnut shells and I have the pattern, batting, and embellishments that people will need.

Other than that, bring your swimsuit for the pool or hot tub, your credit card for a run to some quilt stores, and your machine and project bags.  Let's get sewing!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:48 AM

Nancy

Thanks for reminding me about the walnut shells.  I had forgotten to put them with everything else....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 11:46 AM

Thea,   YaHoo! So glad you are coming! ...can't wait to meet everyone!  ....and if you don't mind off key.....I will be happy to join in on singing a very Happy Birthday song to Jay!!  Count down is on and I'm still cutting!!! Did I say I am really SLOW?!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 2:22 PM

MNnancy:

Hi Thea!  Glad to hear you can make it.  Sounds like you need some fun in your life!

For the games, you'll need 75 2-1/2 inch strips 20-21 inches in length.  You'll also need some 5-inch charms.  Don't know that I heard how many of those... a dozen?  Diana said she'd bring plenty extra for everyone, so don't worry yourself about that.

We have a white elephant gift exchange planned, so wrap up some quilting goody for that.  Those who are interested are going to make chicken pincushions.  Nana is bringing the crushed walnut shells and I have the pattern, batting, and embellishments that people will need.

Other than that, bring your swimsuit for the pool or hot tub, your credit card for a run to some quilt stores, and your machine and project bags.  Let's get sewing!

Nancy,

I think you all missed the Kitchen sink and then the list will be complete.

Lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 3:15 PM

Frances:
I think you all missed the Kitchen sink and then the list will be complete.

Speaking of kitchen sinks, I'm having the hardest time packing clothes for this trip.  First day will be in southern MN (cold, snowy) visiting DH's family, three days in New Orleans,and then a week in Missouri.  We're between seasons, so I'm trying to pack layered outfits and I feel like I have way too many clothes. I'm usually better at this. 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 3:56 PM

Nancy its my undrstand that the weather is going to be in the 40sand 50s in Branson durig the day ,with all of us being in the confrence room it could get a little warm. I'd bring sweaters and comfy clothes ,that my best advise . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 3:58 PM

Hey all us single folks ,there is going to be some room changes made here in the next day or two ,one of the gals is going to be having her  partner with her and needs a change ,as soon as I get all the facts I'll update the rooms . sorry about the change , Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,782
Points 122,490

MNnancy:
I'm having the hardest time packing clothes for this trip.

Nancy, I'm having the same issue. Since we're flying, I'm trying to keep luggage to a minimum. But we'll be driving 425 miles from Bloomington to Branson and will want warm clothes. Never know if we might get stuck in a snowdrift. :-)

Right now, the 10 day forecast shows snow snow snow between Bloomington and St Louis. Oh Joy. George is starting to mumble. He's a bit of a worrier. I tend to go where angels fear to tread. 

My step daughter, who is a flight attendant for Alaska, says our biggest worry is flying into Chicago as they close the airport at the drop of a pin.

We'll be there. On snowshoes maybe, but we'll be there.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 289
Points 4,460

Judy T-Bellingham:

My step daughter, who is a flight attendant for Alaska, says our biggest worry is flying into Chicago as they close the airport at the drop of a pin.

Oh oh.  That's my stop,too, between Mpls and Branson.

I am packing light.  I always end up buying so much fabric :-)

MN Deb from Mall of America 

Page 75 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev7374757677Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use