Branson, Missouri - Stone Castle Hotel -March 2nd thru March 8th 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,249 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,388
Points 115,390

SoBuzy:

Judy, if no one else wants your program I would take it...however, if anyone else  is interested in it I will pass...just sounds like it might be easier to use...my cousin would love my EQ7 and is much more computer savy than I am....

I'll bring it with. I figured if there is more than one person who wants it, we can draw straws, er, strips.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 9:05 PM

So sorry Beth...Prayers to you, Bill and family for your loss. If there's anything I can help you with for retreat, please let me know.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,406
Points 40,100
Mimi replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 9:14 PM

Beth Weigt:
Bill's Dad passed on Monday

So sorry to hear about Bill's dad. Give him our best.  My parents have been gone for years but Dave's are still living in this area.  They are in their mid-eighties.  I'm not looking forward to helping him deal with their loss.  

Hope your trip to the islands was fun.  I wish I was coming to Branson too.  Work work work.  It's a four letter word.  Have extra fun for me Beth and we can discuss it in June at Douglas Lake.  You're still coming to that too right? Wish Nana, Darlene and Larry, Sabrina, Sharon, Sue, and Barbara could make it too.  Life that gets in the way of fun retreats is also a four letter word.  Only four more months until Smokey Mountain Retreat.  Yeah!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,370
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 9:18 PM

Beth

Sorry for your and Bill's loss.  I hope you enjoyed your trip.  See you soon.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 9:40 PM

Beth, so sorry to hear about the death in your family.  A quilt retreat will do you a world of good!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,889
gini replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 9:44 PM

what's your favorite  color, beth?   inquiring mind wants to know. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,889
gini replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 9:46 PM

i'm sorry to hear about your father in law.

i am so happy you  can still come to the retreat.  i'm looking forward to seeing you again.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 11:18 PM

Beth , My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,494
Points 30,410
Diana replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:49 AM

Beth and Bill,     Our love and our thoughts go out to both of you on your loss.

Huggs,   Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,494
Points 30,410
Diana replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:59 AM

Nana,     It will be like driving with DH.   He does that all the time.  Goes to sleep as we get on the highway cuz it makes his trip so much shorter..lol...  I'll just wake you up when we have to stop for a potty break.   I'll just be sure that we leave room for your seat to recline.   DH even snores at me so I'll just turn up the radio if you get too noisy.....lol

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Thanks everyone for your comments. Bill's Dad had been failing for a while so this was not unexpected - the only thing is we were in Yuma visiting Bill's son's family so we were not here to support Bill's sister who also lost her husband's aunt last week.  Thank heavens I made Bill go see his father before we left for our cruise.

Gini - I guess I have been tending towards greens recently but I also like the rich/royal purple color.

I think I can get everything ready for the retreat as I have some things from the last one that I have cut but not completed so willing do the strips and charms and start thinking about what else to bring.  Bill is planning on the train ride if any DH is interested they can discuss when we all are there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,887
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 3:26 PM

MNnancy:
 I hope we don't get lost in the snow!

Safe travels Nancy. Keep us up to date during your trip.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,887
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 3:27 PM

Beth Weigt:

Well got home last night -- Bill's Dad passed on Monday so we are in waiting for family to arrive mode.  Service on Sat then I can start thinking about this retreat I've SOOO been looking forward to attending!!!!   I WILL MAKE IT!!!!!

Sorry for your loss Beth.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 8:23 PM

I'm not all packed yet, but we will be leaving Reno on Monday or Tuesday, allowing plenty of extra driving time because of the possibility of bad weather.  I am actually one of those procrastinators who seems to work better under the pressure of a deadline, so I imagine I will get everything packed on Sunday.  I do have a couple of projects that I have cut out and packaged in ZIP Loc's, (but if we hit quilt shops I'll probably discover something I would much rather work on) and I did give my machine a thorough cleaning.  I'm just bringing my little Brother (which I've never used for anything but embroidery).  I've adjusted it and done some sewing with it this week just to familiarize myself with it's idiosyncrasies, but the Sapphire is just too big to pack around, and the little Huskystar needs to be serviced (another thing I have procrastinated on).  I've made a list of everything I need to pack as I think of them, so hopefully I won't forget anything that is really necessary.  

We're only going to travel during daylight hours, so I'm hoping that we find hotels/motels with free wireless so I can keep uptodate with everything along our way.  I do need to know how to check in (do we just mention the Quilters Group?, or will be registered by name already?)  What time can we get there?  If we get there early, do you think there will be rooms available to purchase an extra night or so?  I know I should have asked these questions earlier, but like I said, I am a procrastinator.

Well, I better go get my strips cut and find one of the packages of charms that I know are somewhere in my sewing room, and oh, yeah, a white elephant.  DH is going to have fits when he sees what all has to be packed.  I sure hope he has a good time because I haven't told him about the Oregon Retreat yet.  Some things are better left unsaid until the event is closer.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,370
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 8:32 PM

Karla

You are so cute...but you are right.  It is sometimes best to leave husbands in the dark...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Page 73 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev7172737475Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use