Gini I have lots of things including my jaw that could drop.....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 9:49 PM

Actually, I saw on the Stone Castle Facebook page that the hot tub was being rebuilt.  Maybe it won't be ready for us.  :-(

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 10:23 PM

MNnancy:

gini:
We do  four or five scrapbooker retreats a year and they use multiple glue guns and Ott lights as we as other things  we need to supply power for, so you should be set

Sam, I was thinking that this site should be great for craft retreats, but I didn't see any pictures of such events on the web site.  Maybe you'd like to borrow some of our pictures for your advertising purposes.    

(We could have fun with this, girls!  Can't you see us in the hot tub holding our seam rippers and rotary cutters?  Caption possibilities: QCA members cut a fine figure at the pool!  Quilters cut loose at the Stone Castle Hotel!  Any way you slice it, these gals know how to have fun!)

Sam here,

Oh ladies I am so looking forward to the grimlin attacks at the pool, and I am sure we will use the pictures for something that may or may not include advertising

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:13 PM

Oh Sam...ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:40 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
My hubby is originally from the mid-west and said he's seen very nasty weather the first week of March. But, I'm certain it will be fine.  It wouldn't DARE rain (or snow) on our parade!

Found this quote way back in our discussions.  Is anybody starting to watch the long-range weather forecasts for all the drivers?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

I've been watching the ten day forecast from Chicago to Branson.  Looking pretty good so far. Some rain, some sun. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

Have you guys seen this TShirt? I found it while hunting the bunny on the Sisterhood of Quilting website   I told Kris that I would resist buying anything while hopping but, if I can receive it before next Wednesday I may have to get this.

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 10:24 AM

Judy

That shirt is really cute.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 10:48 AM

I wonder if Deb has that shirt.  She has about 100 quilting shirts, you know!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 12:00 PM

Judy this is a really cute shirt , wish I'd seen it sooner. barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

I re-did the exchange gift and it's done. I changed my mind on one of my projects and switched to a quilt that is in the current issue of Love of Quilting. THEN I decided to make it longer and added some sashing rows with star blocks. After playing with the design in EQ7 I finally got it the way I want and cut everything out. It's bagged, tagged and put with the gift, games and the other project I'm bringing.

I have a MESS. George looked at the living room that is covered with fabric scraps and strings, looked in my room which is knee deep and simply sighed. I won't let him near with that wicked broom of his.

9 days and we'll be on our way. Ladies, it's almost time to start your engines. Can you feel the buzz???

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 4:02 PM

Judy, I did pull the suitcase into the bedroom, and I do have some packed quilting stuff lining the hall to the garage.  Looks like I'm getting ready to go to a retreat!!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 4:20 PM

I still have stuff in my sutcase from the last retreat ,I never take it out . I still have not decided what  I'm going to work on ,guess I'd better gt on the ball and figure out something.  I do hope they have the hot tub finished as I look foward to using it , really is great on my bad legs and back .  Sam please tell me the hottub is up and going ,,LOL    . I am going to be there on Friday the first to get thinggs set up . so look foward to seeing all of you ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,515

MNnancy:

Judy, I did pull the suitcase into the bedroom, and I do have some packed quilting stuff lining the hall to the garage.  Looks like I'm getting ready to go to a retreat!!

Thank goodness Nancy!  I was going to ask if you'd finally started packing but didn't want to put on the pressure! (LOL)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 4:22 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I re-did the exchange gift and it's done.

Judy are you talking about the white elephant gift? All my projects are cut and in their bags. More than I will need mostly but since I'm a virgin retreater I want to be sure I have enough to work on. Strips and charms are cut and ready. White elephant is ready to wrap.Gathering notions I'll need to bring. Got to remember to bring the chargers for the phone and tablet. Hope I'll heave enough room for some clothes.LOL

Judy T-Bellingham:
Can you feel the buzz???

I feel it !!!

Page 69 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev6768697071Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use