Branson, Missouri - Stone Castle Hotel -March 2nd thru March 8th 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,249 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 3:43 AM

I'm bringing an extra machine , light , extension cords, power strips . some basic tools hammer , screwdriver etc, guess we don't need ironing boards and irons since they have.  we can use the big cutting mats  extra rotary cutters ,smaller rulers , pins , scissors(sp) make sure you put your name on all the extra stuff so it can be returned to the rightful owners.  WE will have a fridge in the sewing area so we can go to store and get sandwich stuff for lunches ,once we all get there and snack stuff.  If someone wants to bring a radio or Cd player for some music that would be nice. Gee I know I'm missing something ,but my brain is just not coming up with it. any suggestions are welcome.  

Have any of you had contact with Mary? she stated she was coming  but I"ve yet to get her money. and she has not returned any of my messages left on here.?

I have some nice door prize gift that will be given away during our week ,and I have had a very nice gift made for everyone when you all arrive. Iknow your're all gonna love it.

Don't forget to bring you gift for the white elephant , gosh I think that just about covers it ., Please let me know if I have missed anything.

Opps Nancy you are going to be a reporter I hope ,if any of you have your laptops bring them we can each do some skypeing and share our retreat with other live.

Liz and Gretchen , own a guilt shop in Ok.and they are going to bring stuff to set up and sell ,so I'm just letting you all know this .

Well ,again if I've missed anything let me know or just goahead an put it up here for us to see.

I'm really looking foward to our retreat and I'm finally going to get to meet some new folks

oh yeah ,don't forget to bring you swin suits as there is a pool and hottub,

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,508
Points 30,675
Diana replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 5:12 AM

My list of extras are     1   extra sewing machine,   mats, rulers and rotary cutters,  2 floor ott-lites,  extension cords,   surge protector strips,   label maker to be sure everything is labeled. 

Barbara,   If you're keeping track,  will that be enough sewing machines?  I could bring 2 extra if needed.

It's getting closer and closer.....Can't wait.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.  

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 6:37 AM

Diana I'm pretty sure that is enough .wehave 3 flying in and I' think we have them covered.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 8:41 AM

I can bring one large cutting mat, a rotary mat, one 45mm rotary cutter, and a couple of large rulers.  I don't have table risers but would appreciate the extra height if someone does.

I can bring two heavy duty 8-outlet power boxes with long cords. Sorry, I don't have extra lamps.

I can bring one design wall with hooks.

Should we start a chart?  What else do we need?  Barbara, can you send out a message to all participants to check in here?  Some of this may have been discussed earlier, but it's hard to find when those discussions fall back in the pages.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Barbara:
If someone wants to bring a radio or Cd player for some music that would be nice.

The only issue I have with CD players is that not everyone likes the same music. Plus, for those who have hearing problems (and/or hearing aids) music playing can make it difficult to have conversations. Even if it's on low.

Does that make me sound like a grump? 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 10:07 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Barbara:
If someone wants to bring a radio or Cd player for some music that would be nice.

The only issue I have with CD players is that not everyone likes the same music. Plus, for those who have hearing problems (and/or hearing aids) music playing can make it difficult to have conversations. Even if it's on low.

Does that make me sound like a grump? 

not at all, i have trouble hearing with music playing, too.  or maybe we're both grumps

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 11:03 AM

The CD player is not a must I just mentioned it in case someone wanted some music. Its sounds like we are going to have plenty of stuff for everyone . I sorry Nancy I don't have any block lifters either.Maybe someone else has some. barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 11:36 AM

I am bringing my rotary cutter and a couple smaller rulers, 2 sewing machines, extra needles.   I will check and see if I still have the pack of power strips.   Nancy the only risers I have are 2 long pieces of 6 x 6 that sets under the ends of my table.   They are a little hard to move...LOL> 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 11:37 AM

Oh I can also bring a design wall.   I will have to go pick up a pack of hooks.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 4:50 PM

Nancy, i have some bed risers i will throw in the car with Bonita,   LOL just kidding Bonita

[Ava, Missouri

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 4:52 PM

Barbara:
sorry Nancy I don't have any block lifters either

Well, my major cutting is done, and in thinking about it, I'm not sure we've had table risers at the other retreats, and I've been okay.  Not a problem, girls.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 4:53 PM

Ha, ha, and as I was writing that, Leslie chimes in and saves the day!  Do you want a kiss or some chocolate?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 4:54 PM

Leslie :
bed risers i will throw in the car with Bonita,   LOL just kidding Bonita

Wait a minute, was it a joke?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 5:09 PM

Nancy, no i was not joking about the bed risers,  i was joking about throwing Bonita in the car with them.  I'm not going to throw her but sit her gently in the trunk LOL just kidding again Bonita, you can ride up front with me

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,756
Points 66,925
Bonita replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 6:00 PM

Well Leslie, unless you have been lifting weights and I do mean a lot of weights you're going to have a bit of a problem. LOL

Page 62 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev6061626364Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use