Branson, Missouri - Stone Castle Hotel -March 2nd thru March 8th 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,249 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,004
Points 19,315

I have the dice and I'll bring charm squares also.  Can't wait!!!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 5:51 PM

Count me in! I'm gain on learning anything new and fun!! I can bring cards....oh my just to remember it all.....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 10:08 PM

Beth Weigt:
But how about left right center?

I have no idea how to play left-right-center.  Is it easy to learn?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270

MNnancy:

Beth Weigt:
But how about left right center?

I have no idea how to play left-right-center.  Is it easy to learn?

Yup. Easiest game you'll ever learn. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:25 AM

MNnancy:

Kris:
Waaah. I'm sorry too. I can hardly stand it.

Can you take some time off work and sew at home with us?  If you are corresponding and uploading pictures at the same time we are, it will almost be like having you there.  Say, didn't someone suggest Skype?

Unfortunately my time off is being saved for my trip in June. Plus I just dropped over two grand paying for it.

I could try Skype we could try to coordinate a time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:48 AM

Leslie :

Me too Kris, i was really hoping to get to meet you

Leslie,

I'll just have to come visit you next year. LOL

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 5:46 AM

Kris Skyping could be fun .Thea and I do it everyday.and its like having someone to sew with .I love it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 8:06 AM

Kris, do you have a Skype account?  If not, it's time to look into it!  This will be fun!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 8:26 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
According to the instructions, those that want to play would need to bring about 75 2-1/2" strips. That seems like a lot, but we could just make the strips from our stash, wouldn't have to be a collection.  In fact, weird, leftover or unwanted fabrics would be fun. A good chance to get rid of those fabrics you absolutely HATE.  I would think we would want to specify that all strips have to be WOF and 100% cotton.

Should we specify a mix of fabrics?  75 strips all cut from the same one or two fabrics wouldn't be much fun to work with for the winner.  (Can you see some of my competitiveness coming through?)  Even if they're ugly, a mix of fabrics could make a fine charity quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 10:34 AM

Judy ,if they are to be WOF ,guess I'll have to cut some I was going to use the scrap rolls I made up ,but they are all different lenghts .

Nancy if you made this quilt  I really like it ,the pattern is really pretty .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270

Barbara:
Judy ,if they are to be WOF ,guess I'll have to cut some I was going to use the scrap rolls I made up ,but they are all different lenghts .

Barbara, good thought. We must have been crossing brain waves this morning, as I was thinking about that very thing.

How about if we just say 2-1/2" strips about 20" more or less, that way we can use fat quarters and other scraps easier.

Would that work better? This is just a fun game to play, no one is going to measure strips.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 11:35 AM

Judy, I agree that 20-22 inch length is a good designation.  There's plenty you can do with that size.

Barbara, that's a Bonnie Hunter quick scrappy quilt design.  http://quiltville.com/striptwistpf.html

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 6:03 PM

so, how many strips do i need now?

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,107
Points 110,270

gini:

so, how many strips do i need now?

Gini, still 75 but that's not an exact number I don't think. I suppose it's kind of like bringing money to a poker table, the more you have the longer you last and the more you lose (or win?)

I'm going to bring 75 or more strips that are about 20-22" long. Plus I'll bring a bunch of 5" charm squares for the left right center game. If you guys haven't ever played this dice game, it's fun and fast. My family plays it with quarters and we're all nearly in hysterics by the end of the game.

I was digging through my scraps and pile of "Lordy, this is ugly" fabrics.  Be prepared. 

I wonder if we should plan on playing this early in the week in case some may want to construct an "ugliest" quilt from their winnings.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 11:47 PM

MNnancy:

Kris, do you have a Skype account?  If not, it's time to look into it!  This will be fun!

Yes I do Nancy. I use it mainly to communicate with my family back home and I've chatted with Thea a couple times.

Page 51 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev4950515253Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use