rated by 0 users
This post has 1,249 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 12:30 PM

Leslie :
Now if you cannot get a flight into Branson, I will come to Springfield Airport and Pick you up and take you to Branson for the retreat

WOW, what an offer Frances, now you have to come.

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 12:31 PM

Leslie you're a doll, If you're sure it won't be to much trouble, I'll be very happy to take you up on your kind offer. Thank you very much.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 12:31 PM

Nana:
I so hope you will be able to come.  I would love to see you again.  This retreat is shaping up to be a real treat.   I can hardly wait to meet the ladies coming that haven't been to any of the retreats I have attended.  And it is always good to see old friends again.

Nana, I feel the same way!

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 12:34 PM

Won't be any trouble at all, Maybe if we can get everyone arriving at the same time or around about, we will have to see what flights everyone can get

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 12:36 PM

I can haul 6 in the truck I have an extend cab, then the rest of you all I can just throw in the bed of the truck and away we will go ROFLOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 12:40 PM

MNnancy:
Marie, I think you should plan to attend this whether or not you are in FL for Jan/Feb.  Just think - finally a chance to meet Jeanine and Leslie!  And look at all the men who have already signed up!  Ha, ha - Randy will have competition for your attention!

Nancy, I went to FL this year into March but I could consider doing it for two months instead.  Hmm?????  What a thrill it would be to meet everyone planning on going and to see many of my friends from VB as well.  Tell Randy it's tough competition from my point of view and to keep on taking those long walks to keep those legs in shape.  : )

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 12:45 PM

The bed of the truck is fine with me, I'm not picky...oh wait I lived in Missouri for three years and we moved to Fl in March, left with snow on the ground. Lucky it's only a 30 min drive. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 12:50 PM

Maybe I'm dreaming but would the hotel have shuttles to and from the airport Barbara?

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,635

gini:

judy, check out is on the 8th,   you  can fly into branson on airtran or frontier, frontier has a short layover in denver, not sure about airtran.  this is being held in a hotel, you can add days at either end of the retreat if that works out with your flights better.   i think southwest is adding a flight to branson sometime this year, too.

Thanks Gini. We'll probably be flying Delta or American on our freguent flyer miles out of Seattle to Bloomington, Illinois. We thought we'd snare two birds with one rock this trip and visit George's sister in Bloomington. We'll rent a car  and drive the 450 miles to Branson.  

Might run with your suggestion of getting an extra night in Branson and arrive the day before.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 1:28 PM

Nana:

Frances

I am going to have my fingers and toes and everything else crossed hoping that you will be able to attend.

Thanks Nana,

If Barbara has space i would like to bring my sister, she doesnt quilt (yet) tommorrow i should know for definate if she can get the time off work.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 1:30 PM

Leslie :

Frances, Springfield and Branson are not the same airport,   Now if you cannot get a flight into Branson, I will come to Springfield Airport and Pick you up and take you to Branson for the retreat

Bless you Leslie,

That is so kind of you i may well take you up on your kind offer (i will probably be with my sister if Barbara has room).

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 1:36 PM

Nana:

Sam

Thanks for the info.  You are such a sweetheart.  In future I will have to take some of Gini's stories about you with a grain of salt....LOL>

you can take them with a bucket of salt if you like, heck take them with a truck load, they're all true.   he's a pistol.   we've been together since grade school and i can tell you, there has not been one dull moment in 40+ years.  i finally set my foot down about him getting himself  tossed in jail, though. i didn't care for that much excitement.   have you ever been in a bar fight?   stick with sam.  have you ever gone trespassing and had a security guy chase you down the road, waving something?( i swear it was a gun, but sam says they don't give those guys guns, it was his stick.  i thought the poor man was going to have a heart attack, we were in a car and he was chasing us on foot. )  stick with sam.   i could go on and on.  and on and on .........

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 1:54 PM

once we were diving in hawaii,  i was paired with a young guy and sam was paired with a young woman, because we were experienced.  we were about 60 feet down and the dive guide disappeared into a hole in the lava that was about as big around as his body.   the young guy and i hovered there staring at the hole.  sam comes up and with his fingers asked if the guide had gone in the hole we were staring at and i  nodded yes,   and into the hole sam disappeared.  i shrugged at my partner and followed sam.   i had to move rocks out of the way to make room for me it was so tight, i kept thinking " his shoulders are bigger than my tummy", i had to dangle  the divelight on my wrist,   to have hands to move rocks.  so the light wasn't much use, and it was darrrrk.    my next thought was,"idiot, i could have had all the insurance money to myself, now the kids are going to have a great time with my money".  he gets me into the  most interesting situations. obviously i lived through the dive from hell.   when we came out of the hole, actually a tunnel, which we guessed was about 200 yards long,  we entered an enormous cavern with gigantic black stag coral, and a white coral that hung from the ceiling way down into the cavern, and other critters i hadn't seen before. so, how could i stay mad at him?   incredible dive, and just another sam adventure that i lived to tell about.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 1:58 PM

gini:

once we were diving in hawaii,  i was paired with a young guy and sam was paired with a young woman, because we were experienced.  we were about 60 feet down and the dive guide disappeared into a hole in the lava that was about as big around as his body.   the young guy and i hovered there staring at the hole.  sam comes up and with his fingers asked if the guide had gone in the hole we were staring at and i  nodded yes,   and into the hole sam disappeared.  i shrugged at my partner and followed sam.   i had to move rocks out of the way to make room for me it was so tight, i kept thinking " his shoulders are bigger than my tummy", i had to dangle  the divelight on my wrist,   to have hands to move rocks.  so the light wasn't much use, and it was darrrrk.    my next thought was,"idiot, i could have had all the insurance money to myself, now the kids are going to have a great time with my money".  he gets me into the  most interesting situations. obviously i lived through the dive from hell.   when we came out of the hole, actually a tunnel, which we guessed was about 200 yards long,  we entered an enormous cavern with gigantic black stag coral, and a white coral that hung from the ceiling way down into the cavern, and other critters i hadn't seen before. so, how could i stay mad at him?   incredible dive, and just another sam adventure that i lived to tell about.

Gini,

What a man you picked well done, at least life is interesting by the way i think you should write a book.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 2:01 PM

a warning,  if sam is grinning from ear to ear and trying to talk you into doing something, at the same time,  even if it sounds perfectly ok.   run. run fast in the opposite direction.   he can make the most dangerous things sound mundane, and he can turn the most boring of activities into the adventure of a lifetime. so don't  stand there and listen to him.    run.    this is experience talking.    now you know why he picked a stout wife with short legs, i can't run fast enough.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 65
Page 5 of 84 (1250 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use