Branson, Missouri - Stone Castle Hotel -March 2nd thru March 8th 2013

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,249 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:02 AM

Jeanine, I will , and if Scott doesn't want to come yes you can bring your friend.  Well the guys usually work that one out on there own. but there are lots of things in Branson for them to see,  There are several really nice musems there .I know they have a military one ,I''d love to go see sometime, and Table Rock  Lake is very close if any of the men want to fish. I will have to look into seeing what I can find out for the men to do . and I can then post some of the things for all of the wives to let them know. The men usually end up doing alot of things together.  I don't know at this time if Silver Dollar City will be open ,as it is alittle early ,but I'll check into it.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:21 AM

Scot was wondering about fishing.  He used to be a manager at Bass Pro and mentioned going to the Springfield one.  He is a people person and I am sure he would get along great with the others.  I am looking forward to this retreat.  

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:37 AM

Barbara, Add my name to this retreat. Will be driving with Andrea and Diana.     Susan

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:38 AM

Jeanine, me to ,this is a really beautiful hotel  and the room we are getting for this retreat is so nice.  they are going to put in    fridge for us and a microwave, and all the tables. I really think all of you will love this room ,I has huge circular  windows in the front for some great light during the day,  Wish I'd gotten a good picture of it . .When we get a little closer to time of this retreat I will let all of you know some of thing that you  will "need" to bring as there will be some required items ..  Oh and the rooms we will be staying in are really nice as well ..LOL 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:40 AM

Susan  that is great , will be nice to see you again.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,106
Points 410,839
gini replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:48 AM

Scot was wondering about fishing.  He used to be a manager at Bass Pro and mentioned going to the Springfield one.  He is a people person and I am sure he would get along great with the others.  I am looking forward to this retreat.  

Sam here, Gini's DH

There is a Bass Pro in Branson as well as Springfield the mother of all Bass Pro stores.

Bass Pro also owns Big Cedar resort 10 miles away that offers fishing, boating, hikeing  and shooting.  There are numerous hikes in the area.  the norhern Osarks are beutiful and there is always Eureka Springs Arkansas one hour away with its Victorian history, healing springs and haunted hotels as well as the Christ statue.

There are several shows that play morning and noon as well as evening.  I just think early March most shows are not running yet.  I will find a web site for activities in Branson and post from Gini.

Sam DH

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:50 AM

Thanks Sam , this will help alot . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:57 AM

Sam and Scott,

Randy is wondering what kind of fishing is available early in March?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,106
Points 410,839
gini replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:07 AM

MNnancy:

Sam and Scott,

Randy is wondering what kind of fishing is available early in March?

DH here.  I have trout fished several times on  Lake Tennycomo more of a  tailwater river like the west coast, run out from Table rock lake dam.  It is clear and cold the firs ten miles.  This is part of the White river system, of the Osarks.  It is managed by the Army Corps of engineers, very good fishing.

Althouth I have not fished for small mouth or large mouth they are both there catfish as well.  I think there are lots of opportunities.  I will check it out next week when I am back in Branson and get back to all of you.

Sam DH

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,104
Points 110,180

I'm getting more excited about Branson. George and I have been working out a few issues we needed to solve. We decided against RV as that time of the year can be nasty crossing the plains. And travel cost plus 3-4 weeks away from work wouldn't work for us right now. So we will fly into Chicago, rent a car and drive to Bloomington, Il to spend a couple days with his sister. That solves another issue for me. I can UPS my supplies to her ahead of time. The only thing we have left to work out is our dog, Corki.  She can't go to a kennel for health reasons. My daughter, designated doggie sitter par-excellant, is checking her travel schedule for next year. She will know later this summer if they are going to be available.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. We loved our time in Branson a few years ago. George fished in Lake Tennycomo (didn't catch anything but had a good time).

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,024
Points 169,538
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:30 AM

Barbara, I wrote in the other thread, please add me in case I don't make it to FL this year.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:34 AM

ok Marie, we'd love to have you ,I'll add you to the list , and you can let me know .barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:35 AM

Judy , sounds like a great plan.  barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,024
Points 169,538
Marie replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 11:05 AM

Barbara:
ok Marie, we'd love to have you ,I'll add you to the list , and you can let me know .barbara

Thanks Barbara, thought I might get left out, so many people are planning this trip.  If Jason is going with Kris, maybe Pat and I could room together again.  I would be flying in if I am able to come, too old for long trips in cars.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,104
Points 110,180

Barbara. I need a bit of clarification. When you say it's through the 8th, does that mean checking out of the hotel on the 8th? The reason I'm asking is we will be using our Frequent Flyer miles and the sooner I make the reservations the more likely we are to get good flights. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 3 of 84 (1250 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use