Southwest Retreat?

rated by 0 users
This post has 48 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Other Beth here -- I'm going to watch this as I might be interested -- My stepson and family live in Yuma and I could combine trips.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 5:50 PM

Annie:
do you know of any places we can rent?  I have a friend in Mesa area that rents out her house, but it can only sleep 8 and it's $2000 for the week. I don't know if that's a deal or not....

The most important thing to look for, I think, is one room being large enough to set up enough sewing tables (and cutting table and ironing board).  Some of us might stay at nearby hotels, but we can still contribute a bit to the overall cost of the house without tying up sleeping rooms.

I think Beth's idea to check the VRBO site is a good idea.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 340
Melody replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 10:50 PM

Barbara:

Annie,I like that idea much better, I don't need classes and I can't afford rates like that and driving ,Just keep at it you folks out there will come up with something.Barbara

I agree with Barbara.  I like less commercial, more intimate, not as expensive retreats.  Love the company of friendly folks!

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,710

Hi Annie,

I would be very interested in a southwest retreat.  I agree with the others that less commercial is better.  I would prefer to stay on site than at a hotel (all the fun happens when the sun goes down!). I live in Florida so I would either take the train or fly which means I wouldn't be able to contribute any large items (tables and such).  I do love going to retreats out of my area as it allows me the opportunity to visit new places.  I wish someone would organize a Sedona or something close to the Grand Canyon, never been there and they are on my bucket list.  Never been to California either but the San Diego Zoo is also on my list.  Thanks for taking this on.

Andrea

Page 4 of 4 (49 items) Prev1234
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use