Southwest Retreat?

rated by 0 users
This post has 48 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 7:55 PM

Annie

I think everyone is set for retreats for 2012 and we are planning for 2013 now in the Southwest.  We already have a NW retreat scheduled and a Midwest one and a TN retreat for the remainder of the year. I am not sure if there are vacancies in any one them that you could go.   You can check under the retreats for each one as they are listed separately.  Now that is not to say you can't start another one if you want, for this year- perhaps others may want another retreat for the year. I know I just can't do anymore since I am already doing VA Beach.

I think traditionally, what we normally look for is afforability for everyone so more people can come. Since we have so many people traveling from many parts of the USA and possibly foreign countries, we try to keep the retreat costs to a minimum.  Which usually means that we have to rent a house and we bring our sewing machines and share the cost of food, etc. and of course eat out as we want.

For example, Nana was able through extensive research and going with an off season rental- she got us a beach house right on the beach at Virginia Beach for next week April 14- 21. The cost for each person was approx $180- now that of course doesn't include your transportation nor your food. But can you imagine staying on the beach for a week for a mere $180? I couldn't and said, sign me up. I say that's one smoking deal. There will be about 18 or so of off and we share rooms- beds etc- but hey- who cares. 

So I would think if we could rent a vacation house (if we could get enough people) its cheaper. Now, if we have it where we have QCA People keep in mind- they will have cutting mats etc- they can bring to retreat.

These are just my thoughts, I am sure Maggie who lives here in AZ also may have some great ideas as she always does so I would like to see what she has to say.

Let me know what you think.

Hugs

Marlene

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 8:03 PM

Annie:
What do you think of the prices? and do we prefer to go less commercial, less people, more intimate?

Annie

I think as Nancy has said below we would prefer to go less commercial- and less costly because people are going to be traveling from great distances to get to the SW. 

Sorry- I thought you wanted to do Eleanor Burns this year! My confusion! : )

Hugs

Marlene

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 8:37 PM

Hi everyone

Check out this place-

Wowie

http://www.arizonalodgingexperts.com/troon_canyon_custom_home_tr250.php#photos

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 8:48 PM

Marlene

Wow...gorgeous setting.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 10:41 PM

Ooo, Marlene, I'd stay there!

Darn, I don't think it will sleep 20 people.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 11:27 PM

Darn, I can't open the site.  Keeps telling me there is a problem with Internet Explorer.        I can just imagine if its a Troon North place.    I would love to work on a Southwest Retreat with Marlene -- when would be a good time for it? 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Apr 5 2012 11:50 PM

Duhhh, I've been away from the board all day.  Started reading on Page 2 of this thread as the beginning.   I'll catch up, really!    So now we know there would be at least 10 of us.        We shall put our heads together!  Annie, I will friend you too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 12:47 AM

Marlene,WOw nice place,  I'm with Nancy ,we'd have to get atleast 20 people to make it afforadable  can it hold that many? Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 8:54 AM

Annie:

Sheri, next time you're in San Diego, let me know. Would love to meet you. 

Annie, sending you a PM

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 9:08 AM

I am so glad to see so much interest.  Maggie, I was thinking about next year, Marlene told me is year is pretty full of retreats. I will ask several of my friends who own cabins in the mountains, summer homes on the beach and of course my other friend that does rent out her house in Phoenix. I think that if there are a few of us relatively local, we can get tables, irons, mats etc all in place for all of us.  We have time to think it through, nice thing about planning a year out. Ill get going on asking around. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 9:10 AM

Sheri A.:

Annie:

Sheri, next time you're in San Diego, let me know. Would love to meet you. 

Annie, sending you a PM

Sheri, didn't get your messege

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 10:26 AM

Annie, I waited and re-sent it.  It wouldn't go through.  You should have it now.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 12:10 PM

Got it :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 6 2012 12:37 PM

Annie:
I was thinking about next year, Marlene told me is year is pretty full of retreats

I heard 2013.  Does that mean this coming winter or is that still too close to the Washington retreat in October 2012.  I would only be making the drive to AZ if it was in the winter or very early spring - just need to know which year.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 116,335

MNnancy:

Annie:
I was thinking about next year, Marlene told me is year is pretty full of retreats

I heard 2013.  Does that mean this coming winter or is that still too close to the Washington retreat in October 2012.  I would only be making the drive to AZ if it was in the winter or very early spring - just need to know which year.

I might be interested in an Arizona retreat in early spring 2013 (February or March?) before it starts to get too hot. Well, it depends on what part of Arizona. We were in the Flagstaff area in May one year and had snow and temps down to under 30 at night.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 2 of 4 (49 items) Prev1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use