Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,715
Points 419,654
gini replied on Thu, May 3 2012 10:56 AM

how does my garden grow, row by row.

rich colors of the garden,  any method you choose is fine

BOUNTIFUL HARVEST

everything associated with the harvest season in rich colors,  oranges reds, browns, eggplant,  blues, greens,  golds.  or pieced blocks done in the vibrant  hues of harvest colors.

i'm using  a row of  yummy red tomatoes on dark brown.  don't limit yourself to a dark background if your idea will work better on a lighter one, but please no whites or off-whites. ( i copied this from the previous page and put it with my picture)

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, May 3 2012 4:13 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE   DO NOT PUT COMMENTS OR DISCUSSIONS IN THIS THREAD.   IT IS FOR THE PICS OF THE ROWS AND ROW REQUIREMENTS ONLY.  IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON SOMEONE'S ROW PLEASE GO TO THE GENERAL LEAVENWORTH RETREAT THREAD IN THIS GROUP.   THANK YOU FOR HONORING THIS REQUEST.   IF WE START COMMENTING HERE IN NO TIME ALL THE PICS WILL BE LOST IN THE CHAOS.  WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO FIND THE PICS EASILY FOR THOSE THAT ARE DOING THE REMAINING ROWS.    THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,423
Points 23,780
Maggie replied on Thu, May 3 2012 4:21 PM

Here's mine so far.   Still need to put more stuff on the right, finish the grasses, thread paint over the ocean, etc.   I will be happy with whatever anyone does - pieced b locks, applique, or words.   Don't stress about matching my colors -- sashing will tie it all in

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 311
Points 7,270

lcqultr46:
Down on the Farm
Sorry, I guess I posted this to the Row Quilts rather than Row Quilt Themes. JudyEE

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, May 3 2012 10:52 PM

Now don't laugh...  :-)  Running late, so this is my rough start with some drawings on paper thrown in to give a general idea of the applique I'll be adding.  I don't want to be late with your rows, so I'll finish puttering with mine as time allows.

Cottage garden...

My blues and greens are darker than I first anticipated using, but anyone adding to mine can certainly use lighter blues and greens.  Additional rows can include flowers, vegetables, garden tools, small animals or insects, or simply some traditional pieced blocks in cottage garden colors.

I'm hearing giggling, aren't I?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, May 6 2012 12:12 AM

Here is the chart again for reference:

May

June

July

August

Quilter

During April, we each work on our own first row and post a picture to the whole group by April 30 or sooner.

Donna

Elizabeth’s

Gini’s

Jacy’s

Judy’s

Elizabeth

Gini’s

Jacy’s

Judy’s

Lisa’s

Gini

Jacy’s

Judy’s

Lisa’s

Maggie’s

Jacy

Judy’s

Lisa’s

Maggie’s

Nana’s

JudyEE

Lisa’s

Maggie’s

Nana’s

Nancy’s

Lisa

Maggie’s

Nana’s

Nancy’s

Patti’s

Maggie

Nana’s

Nancy’s

Patti’s

Donna’s

Nana

Nancy’s

Patti’s

Donna’s

Elizabeth’s

MNnancy

Patti’s

Donna’s

Elizabeth’s

Gini’s

Patti

Donna’s

Elizabeth’s

Gini’s

Jacy’s

During Sept, finish up any incomplete rows.  Even if not done on time, pictures of progress should have been shared with the next quilter so she could get started during her month.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, May 6 2012 12:24 AM

OK, here is my row for my quilt:

The color quality is not very accurate in this picture.  The background is browns, greens, tans (no blue) and the silhouettes are  in a deep rich red with mottled tan and gold.

I am not done with the thread painting on this, but thought I better get my pic up here!  As I said before, I will be happy with any rows in the normal "northwoods" theme and color scheme. 

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,715
Points 419,654
gini replied on Sun, May 6 2012 7:37 PM

delete

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,715
Points 419,654
gini replied on Sun, May 6 2012 7:37 PM

delete

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, May 6 2012 8:44 PM

delete

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, May 6 2012 8:55 PM

delete

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sun, May 6 2012 9:16 PM

Ladies PLEASE don't post in this thread.  If everyone's rows were posted I would have this thread locked so we don't post by mistake.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Tue, May 8 2012 11:58 PM

OK! I got it mostly done. I will be adding more fish in that orange.

Elizabeth's row.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,715
Points 419,654
gini replied on Wed, Aug 1 2012 12:59 PM

bump

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Aug 1 2012 11:08 PM

You bumped it?  Were you afraid someone would forget to start their August row?  Rest assured, I have your August row done already!!!

Page 2 of 3 (32 items) Prev123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use