2012 Leavenworth Row Quilt Themes

rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana Posted: Sat, Mar 24 2012 11:01 PM

Please place your quilt themes and colors here.   NO discussion or comments...  JUST THEMES AND COLORS PLEASE>

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 2:19 AM

NANA

Tropical Paradise.    Use "water" colors such as vibrant blues and teals and foliage colors with some flower colors thrown in to pop everything. I am seeing beaches, lush mountains, flowers, brightly feathered birds, shells on the sand,     You know that beautiful place that we would all like to go and leave the world behind.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 9:26 AM

MN Nancy

Cottage Garden.   My common colors are sky blue and/or grass green somewhere in each row.  I'd like other soft colors with a splash of something bright once in a while.  My first row will include some kind of quaint house.  Additional rows can include flowers, vegetables, garden tools, small animals or insects, or simply some traditional pieced blocks in cottage garden colors.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 9:27 AM

Pond.  With ducks, reeds, cat tails, frogs, pollywogs, fish, dragon flies, mosquitoes, lily pads, lilies,  other traditional blocks.  Greens, blues, brown, think I will do a ruddy duck so it will have some orangish red as well. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,460
Points 416,729
gini replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 1:01 PM

BOUNTIFUL HARVEST

everything associated with the harvest season in rich colors,  oranges reds, browns, eggplant,  blues, greens,  golds.  or pieced blocks done in the vibrant  hues of harvest colors.

i'm using  a row of  yummy red tomatoes on dark brown.  don't limit yourself to a dark background if your idea will work better on a lighter one, but please no whites or off-whites.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 11:47 PM

Donna B:  NORTHWOODS

Dark greens, browns, golds, rusts...possibly blue for a sky.  Trees, mountains, rivers - pieced or applique;  deer, bear, bird - pieced or appliques.

I do not have a northwoods quilt yet, so anything that would fit with that theme would be great with me.  Actually some star blocks in complementary colors would be fine too.

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,245
Points 25,210
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 2:43 PM

Beach theme with blues. teal, tans

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 7,270
lcqultr46 replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 5:47 PM

Down on the Farm

Barn red, browns, any greens, haystack yellow, blue skies. Anything found on the farm, pieced or applique, animals, birds, vegetables, trees, etc. My first row will include a barn and pasture.

JudyEE

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 10:03 PM

Jacy's theme

SPRING

Spring flowers, baskets, bunnies, etc. Brighter spring colors, not light pastels. 

I'm not picky, if you make it, I'll take it!

My row will likely be Daffodils.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Mar 30 2012 12:01 AM

Maggie's Theme:

Count me in for a beach/ocean theme too.  I love the McKenna Ryan beach colors,  Sand, shells, reed grass,dunes, waves, boats, underwater life, piers.old rowboats, oars.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 2:43 PM

Reminder that the name chart and the general guidelines are posted on page 6 of the "2012 Leavenworth Row Quilt" discussion.  HERE is the link.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Apr 24 2012 10:10 PM

I am posting this for Lisa in case anyone missed her message in the other row quilt thread...

It will be batiks and my row is a sunset with mountains a lake and a cabin so if anyone wants to start the next rows feel free I would like it to be on hiking, camping, kayaking, fishing all things my husband loves to do. I hope that is of some help. I will try and have someone post for me next week when I get home from the hospital. - Lisa.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, May 2 2012 11:13 PM

pond is my theme, and here is my unfinished row.  Still deciding how to place the turtle and log.  For now it is just pinned on, and I have several more lilies and pads to add, and thread painting the details, such as the duck's eyes, outlining some tail feathers, Mrs. Ruddy Duck's gray streak across her white patch, feet on the frog, etc.

I would prefer not to have any raw edge applique, even if there is machine stitching over it.  But just about anything else is good.  Generally, natural colors, and colors typical of the northwest.   No beautiful amazonian poison dart frogs.  Nor crocodiles and alligators.  And yes this time of year, the male ruddy duck has a very, very blue bill.  This one is slightly toned down, but I didn't know that until I saw a live ruddy duck this past weekend.   The colors are hard to see correctly in this photo, but any natural colors will be fine.  Traditional pieced blocks ok too.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Thu, May 3 2012 9:23 AM

Here is my row for Tropical Paradise.  Most of the pieces are just pinned in place and there may be a few minor changes but for the most part this is what it will look like.  Traditional pieced blocks in the "beachy" colors are fine as well as applique or whatever you desire.  Have fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Thu, May 3 2012 9:39 AM

Here's my row for a Spring theme. This is machine applique, so far I only have the fence sewed down, I'll sew the flowers later and probably add a butterfly and bee when I find the right one.

Any method of applique is ok as well as pieced blocks. Any Spring like thing, more flowers, birds, nests, eggs, birdhouses, chicks, bunnies, baskets, bonnets, etc, etc.

• Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use