rated by 0 users
This post has 261 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 10:19 PM

Nana:
I wonder if we should start a thread where everyone just puts their quilt theme and colors so that it will be easier for everyone to find.    No discussion or comments just the themes.    I can see them getting lost here.   What do the rest of you think?

great idea

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Mon, Mar 26 2012 12:02 AM

MNnancy:

Sounds good to me.  Seems quiet here tonight after last evening's gab session.

Thanks MNnancy for the heads up on the row quilts!  I think I am up to speed on how this is going to work, but I probably will need some help with the PM'g.

I haven't been on much for the last few days for several reasons... 1) Our XC ski season is winding down (they are only grooming through next weekend), the snow is still great, and we are trying to get at least a little skiing in every morning.  2)  I am trying to get caught up on my Goose Tracks embroidered quilt and was having some "issues",  and finally 3) I ordered a new Bernina 830LE which I will pick up the first week of April...so I am trying to get ready by watching Bernina webinairs, videos and everything else I can find to be prepared for 3 days of intensive training on the new machine in North Seattle that week.  I haven't freaked out yet, but I probably will be soon!!! 

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 26 2012 9:29 AM

Donna B:
a new Bernina 830LE which I will pick up the first week of April

WooHoo Donna.   You lucky girl....I am jealous.   I just know that you are going to love her.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Mar 26 2012 10:13 AM

Sorry, I just found this thread.  I am going to the retreat and would like to do blocks or the row quilt.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Mon, Mar 26 2012 6:13 PM

Elizabeth:
Sorry, I just found this thread.  I am going to the retreat and would like to do blocks or the row quilt.

Hi Elizabeth.  go to page 8 of the 2012 Pacific NW quilt retreat. . . discussion to find out what all is being offered for the retreat.  There is still the block exchange, but it sounds like a few will be opting out.  So we will run it like a cookie exchange.  As for row quilts, if we get more people interested, there could be another group formed.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Mon, Mar 26 2012 7:06 PM

patti, can we add elizabeth to the row quilts?   we could still do it the same way, we would just need to divvy up the names again.   do we need our own row done by the first of may?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 26 2012 8:12 PM

Gini

I am ok with adding Elizabeth and resorting names.   As long as we have out assignments by the end of April / first of May I think we will be ok.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Mar 26 2012 11:30 PM

How does this look?  I typed our names into a table to tidy it up.  It fits on my screen just fine.  Is it all squished out of alignment for anyone?  

(Edit: well, after hitting POST, the first column turned really skinny for me, but it still fits.)

Quilter  

Elizabeth

Gini

Nana

Donna

Jacy

Nancy

Patti

Lisa

April

~ We each work on our own first row and post a picture to the whole group by April 30 or sooner ~

May

Gini’s

Nana’s

Donna’s

Jacy’s

Nancy’s

Patti’s

Lisa’s

Elizabeth's

June

Nana’s

Donna’s

Jacy’s

Nancy’s

Patti’s

Lisa’s

Elizabeth's

Gini’s

July

Donna’s

Jacy’s

Nancy’s

Patti’s

Lisa’s

Elizabeth's

Gini’s

Nana’s

Aug

Jacy’s

Nancy’s

Patti’s

Lisa’s

Elizabeth's

Gini’s

Nana’s

Donna’s

Sept

~ Catch up month!  Finish up any incomplete rows. 
Even if not done, pictures should have been shared with the next quilter so she could get started during her month.

EDIT:  Go to page SIX (6) for the final copy of the chart.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 2:35 AM

My gosh.   I go to be early and look what you all have been up to.  I see no problem with expanding the group as in Nancy's last table.  That way we don't leave anyone out and it is still the same number of row to be done.  That would be a good thing.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 11:29 AM

I don't have my row theme posted yet, I'm working on it.

I think I'm going to do a row of sunflowers. But what to make my theme? Summertime, or flower garden, or would you be able to come up with enough ideas for a sunflower theme, other appliqued/pieced sunflowers, pieced blocks with sunflower fabrics or sunflower colors. My brain is on overload this week, anyone got some ideas?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 11:58 AM

ok I am in.  I am from southern Cali near the beach so would like to do beach theme in blues

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 12:01 PM

Jacy Could you do a fall flower theme, or late summer flowers, or the last of summer, fields of summer,  or make your theme golden brown, a theme a of "S"

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 12:03 PM

Elizabeth , there is a dedicated thread just for announcing our themes with no chit chat so they don't get lost.  I think it says row quilt theme.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 12:05 PM

Latest post by Donna B , Sun, Mar 25 2012 9:47 PM

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 12:57 PM

Hey Nancy,

Sorry to be a latecomer but would it be tooo much trouble to add my name to the chart?  It looks like each person is only doing four rows in addition to their own, right

JudyEE

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Page 5 of 18 (262 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use