2012 Leavenworth Row Quilt

rated by 0 users
This post has 261 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,089
gini replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:53 AM

i think we should all show our starting row.

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 4:43 AM

Patti:
I think I have a solution.  Marge P, would you be willing to draw the names for us

Patti - I would be happy to help any way I can - looks like you guys have it pretty well set up and if you want it to stay that way that is fine.  Or if you want me to draw names and get a different list going is fine too.  You all can decide.  When I have done these projects we were all local and so we knew who had who's row and each month we were really on the lookout for our newest row that had been made.  If our latest one wasn't there, we were always disappointed!  We did have one lady that was in AZ for the winter and that did cause problems mailing back and forth.

So how ever you participants decide you want to do it is fine with me.  Just let me know!  Certainly hope I haven't lost all my ability to keep things organized like I did years ago in the work world.  

As to the width of the strips - I would definitely encourage everyone to be sure and make them the right width as agreed upon.  On my kitty cat row quilt, one strip was way too wide (we were aiming for 48 1/2") and I had to take seams between the animals to make that one fit.  Another one was 1 1/2" short in width but luckily that one was the "Attack Cat" fabric line and I had some of that fabric in my stash so I lucked out.

A variety of heights of the rows adds extra pazazz to the quilts also.

You are all going to have so much fun with this!

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 4:47 AM

gini:
i think we should all show our starting row.

I totally agree with Gini - everyone should post their starting row and can state particular things they may be interested in like background preference, or any thing they would like incorporated into their rows.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 6:33 AM

Thanks Marge.  Does look like we will stick with the list. 

Everyone start with their own row.  42 1/2 inches, making 42 inch finished.

Allow one month per row? April, May, June, July, Aug.   We could get them done earlier, but if anyone runs into difficulty, we still have nearly a month to go.  If we end up getting them done sooner, all the better. 

This is going to be fun!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 4:05 PM

Patti:
Put my name in place of Wendy's.  She isn't coming this year, and I am in on this row quilt.

Patti, I'm sorry!  I knew my list wasn't right, but I couldn't go back and check the names in the middle of writing the post without losing my work.  How did I miss the name of the person who started the idea???

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 4:15 PM

Nana:
If you work on the person that come's up first in your list then no one else will be working on that persons.

Notice that there are months assigned to each row, so yes, only one person would be working on a particular quilt at one time.   If a person wants to get started early on someone's, she would need to contact whoever has that month to find out what her plan is.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 4:20 PM

gini:
i think it would be good for everyone that has  jacy's rows, for instance,  share what they are doing with each other.

I may not know what I am going to do for each person's quilt right off the bat.  I don't think we need to share early thoughts - just pass the pictures along as we complete a row as if we were mailing the actual quilt.  The next person looks at the rows that are done and decides from there what to add next.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 4:25 PM

gini:

I think we share everyones rows except with the recipient.  This is where the capability of  getting more than one person on a pm would be nice.

You can PM more than one person at a time, and what's nice is that once the group PM is started, all replies go to everyone originally listed.  You don't even have to remember to select "reply to all."

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 4:38 PM

Marge P:
everyone should post their starting row and can state particular things they may be interested in like background preference, or any thing they would like incorporated into their rows

It might be nice if everyone could decide and share their theme and color scheme early on so others can collect fabric if need be.  According to the time table, we should have until April 30 to post the picture of our own first row.

I have decided on mine.  My theme is a cottage garden.  My common colors are sky blue and/or grass green somewhere in each row.  I'd like other soft colors with a splash of something bright once in a while.  My first row will include some kind of quaint house.  Additional rows can include flowers, vegetables, garden tools, small animals or insects, or traditional pieced block designs.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,515
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 5:15 PM

MNnancy:

gini:

I think we share everyones rows except with the recipient.  This is where the capability of  getting more than one person on a pm would be nice.

You can PM more than one person at a time, and what's nice is that once the group PM is started, all replies go to everyone originally listed.  You don't even have to remember to select "reply to all."

Nancy

For some reason not all of us are able to group pm.   I can only do combinations of Gini and Spud and Stephanie.   I can't pull up you, Marlene, Patti, or any of the others in a group message.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 8:59 PM

Nana:
I can't pull up you, Marlene, Patti, or any of the others in a group message.

That's really funny since you and Gini and I just did a group PM last week, though I initiated it.  I haven't tried that many of these to know if there are some friends I can't group like that.

I wonder if it has anything to do with privacy settings.  Anyone can start a conversation with me even without being friends.  How is yours set?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,515
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 9:02 PM

Nancy

I think the same.  It is just really strange that some I can do and some I can't even though the settings are the same.   Marlene, Gini, and I played with this for several days and never did get it figured out.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,515
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 9:04 PM

Oh and also....   I wonder if we should start a thread where everyone just puts their quilt theme and colors so that it will be easier for everyone to find.    No discussion or comments just the themes.    I can see them getting lost here.   What do the rest of you think?

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 9:34 PM

Sounds good to me.  Seems quiet here tonight after last evening's gab session.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,302
Points 414,089
gini replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 10:17 PM

MNnancy:

some of us can and some of us cannot.   i can  add a couple of other people, but not everybody.   are you able to add anyone you want to the PM? if you can this must be something in settings that some of us are missing.

gini in north idaho

Page 4 of 18 (262 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use