rated by 0 users
This post has 261 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 11:03 PM

MNnancy:
quilt owner:      Gini          Nana        Donna        Jacy         Nancy        Wendy       Lisa    (am I missing someone?)

Put my name in place of Wendy's.  She isn't coming this year, and I am in on this row quilt.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 11:11 PM

quilt owner:       Gini           Nana         Donna      Jacy         Nancy         Patti         Lisa    (am I missing someone?)

April            In April, we each create our own row and send a picture to Marge who will send the picture to the group members assigned to each of ours.

In the following month's, we would work on the row listed below our name.

May                   Nana's     Donna's     Jacy's        Nancy's      Patti's         Lisa's     Gini's

June                 Donna's    Jacy's        Nancy's     Patti's          Lisa's        Gini's      Nana's

July                   Jacy's        Nancy's     Patti's         Lisa's        Gini's         Nana's     Donna's

Aug                   Nancy's    Patti's         Lisa's         Gini's         Nana's      Donna's    Jacy's

So how does this look, except someone besides us takes the names at top, 7 pieces of paper, and draw names, changing the order of the bold names at top.   But the others stay the same.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 11:30 PM

Patti:

quilt owner:       Gini           Nana         Donna      Jacy         Nancy         Patti         Lisa

April            In April, we each create our own row and send a picture to Marge who will send the picture to the group members assigned to each of ours.

In the following month's, we would work on the row listed below our name.

May                   Nana's     Donna's     Jacy's        Nancy's      Patti's         Lisa's     Gini's

June                 Donna's    Jacy's        Nancy's     Patti's          Lisa's        Gini's      Nana's

July                   Jacy's        Nancy's     Patti's         Lisa's        Gini's         Nana's     Donna's

Aug                   Nancy's    Patti's         Lisa's         Gini's         Nana's      Donna's    Jacy's

So how does this look?  Does it really matter if we all know who is doing whose.  As long as we don't see the rows we are personally getting before retreat.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 11:32 PM

Patti

Looks great.  The person doing the names just needs to remember not to put someone's name with a grouping that has their name in it.  Now if I can just come up with a theme....LOL>   Maybe I should go with the crazy quilter.... and I don't mean the style of quilt....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 11:33 PM

Now I have probably just confused everyone. I tried to delete one and ended up still with two lists.  Look at the second one.  The top one didn't work.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 11:37 PM

Patti

Think it looks fine.  I personally don't have a problem knowing who is doing which rows.  I think it is more important to keep the rows secret from the receiver.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:13 AM

So is 42" the finished size, should the row measure 42 1/2" unfinished?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:15 AM

you're right it doesn't matter who sees the rows.  the rows work just like they are. the first name is me, i'll take the first row.  the second name take the second row, and on down the line.  does that work for everyone?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:18 AM

Jacy

I would guess that the rows need to be 42 1/2 unfinished.   But if I am understanding correctly they can be any height.  This really sounds like fun.  Now to just be able to pick a theme.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:19 AM

the finished size should be 42 inches.  make that 42.5 inches. that would be 7- 6 inch blocks or 6- seven inch blocks.    if you made 5 - 8 inch blocks, you would need to add a filler to either side. if we wanted to applique, we would get a  42 inch run without piecing.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:22 AM

We just don't show any of the rows except the first row that we make for ourselves.....right?    Or does everyone that has say Gini's name share those rows amongst themselves so that the themes go to gether better?

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:23 AM

MNnancy:

Do we also have to set a period of time for each person on each quilt?  If I'm working on Gini's quilt, for instance, one month has to be designated as "my turn."  If Jacy and I are both working on Gini's at the same time, we might accidently be doing the same design on our rows.

if we wanted to work ahead, i don't see why you couldn't  PM the next person in line and discuss what each of you are doing.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:25 AM

i think we share everyones rows except with the recipient. 

this is where the capability of  getting more than one person on a pm would be nice.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:27 AM

Nana:

We just don't show any of the rows except the first row that we make for ourselves.....right?    Or does everyone that has say Gini's name share those rows amongst themselves so that the themes go to gether better?

i think it would be good for everyone that has  jacy's rows, for instance,  share what they are doing with each other. we could keep it all a secret,  but i think it is more reasonable to just keep the recipient in the dark

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 24 2012 12:27 AM

Nancy

If you work on the person that come's up first in your list then no one else will be working on that persons.    I feel sure if we start with the first names in our lists and then get a feel for how things are going we can start communicating better between the groups. 

This is beginning to not make any sense to anyone but me .   The ambien is kicking in....so goodnight all.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 3 of 18 (262 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use