2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Retreat, Leavenworth, WA Sept 30-October 5.

rated by 0 users
This post has 866 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 5:23 PM

Well, it's about time Marge P...I was about to call you and see if you were still going with us.  And, you don't need to worry...we will not tie you to the top of the car...LOL!  I'm just taking little projects too and plan to work on preemie quilts part of the time.  Judy t from Bellingham will not be with us this year but Judy E from Enumclaw will.  Will talk to you soon...

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,525

Marge P:
I have lost track, is Judy T from Bellingham coming?  I know there was the reunion with girlfriends that was at the same time.  I enjoyed both Judy's last year so hope they both will be there this year.

Hi Marge. No, I'm not coming this year. Too many conflicts and yes, a trip with lifetime girlfriends the following week to celebrate our 70th birthdays. I had to give something up. It's been giving me a tummy ache just listening to all of you so excited about getting together. I am so going to miss seeing you guys.

I cannot wait for the photos to start posting. (although they just might make me cry!)

1. Tell Nana to keep her butt attached to the chair

2. Hugs to LIsa and hope she does OK

3. Watch Gini, she's dangerous when you're not keeping an eye on your stuff

4. Also keep an eye on Kris, you never know what she's going to catch with her camera

5. Vivian, tip a glass of wine for me.

6. Deb, will miss being your table buddy big time!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 298
Points 4,575

Lisa, you are so talented.  I feel so bad for you to have to go through so much pain. I am so glad you can still be with us.  I think Nana, Gini and Kris and Jacy will be the best medicine, they make us laugh. Hugs.

I forgot to pick out fabric for the celtic knot project, but will decide at the retreat. I love the fabrics there at the quilt store.

Everyone be prepared for bear hugs from me.  I can't wait to see you all, and get to know our new fellow quilters! Five days to go!

Deb from Mall of America Land 

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 9:55 PM

Patti:
I am partly guessing from the distance, but I think those needing machines that don't already have someone bringing one are: Maggie, Elizabeth, NancyMn, and possibly Kris.

I'm driving this year, so I'll have my own machine, but thanks for thinking of me!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,547
Points 417,049
gini replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 9:58 PM

patti, it sounds llike we will have enough machines with me bringing one feather weight.  i can throw another in at the last minute if you think we'll need it.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 10:29 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
1. Tell Nana to keep her butt attached to the chair

Judy my butt was attached to the chair....all the way to the floor...ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 10:30 PM

MNgutsygal :
I think Nana, Gini and Kris and Jacy will be the best medicine, they make us laugh. Hugs.

Deb are you trying to say we are laughable....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 10:32 PM

Woo Hoo   3 more days and I will be getting on the big bird to bring me to Washington.   I think this year that United decided that I need to tour Denver and Chicago.  On the way back home I have a 4 hr layover in Denver and a  5hr layover in Chicago.  I am going to be in the airports for longer than I am in an airplane...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 12:51 AM

Nana:
I am going to be in the airports for longer than I am in an airplane...LOL>

Don't you just hate that!!!  It's not long enough to leave the airport and see anything, but mighty long when you have to just sit there.  Just remember it is worth it to come here!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 1:12 AM

Nana,

I'll be going to Portland OR, then Chicago. My longest layover is 2.5 hours in Portland. Much better this year than last.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 10:25 AM

I finally packed last night.  Mostly because my DH made me so angry I was going to leave post haste!!  Pick, pick, pick.  Every time I go away, he gets odd.  Like he can't say I'll miss you, be careful, he just has to make sure I'm happy to leave. Its working, I am thrilled.   He is going into overkill.  I may hit him with a brick. 

Anyway, getting my house in shape, packing the last of the things I'm bringing and I'm sure I will not use!! I am so looking forward to the trip.  I have a quilting day with my friends at the fabric store today, Its closing and this is our last session in the sewing classroom.  We will have to look for another spot and I think Cathie has found it.

Judy, I will be more than happy to drink in your honor, or anyone elses at this point in my week.  I will miss you and I hope you drop in for a visit even if you can't stay. If I thought for one moment that I could get away with it, I'd stop and pick up a couple of cases of BC wine on my way through.  I don't feel like paying all that duty so I guess I'll have to find a Washington winery.  I'm pretty sure you have them.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 10:54 AM

Vivian :

Judy, I will be more than happy to drink in your honor, or anyone elses at this point in my week.  I will miss you and I hope you drop in for a visit even if you can't stay. If I thought for one moment that I could get away with it, I'd stop and pick up a couple of cases of BC wine on my way through.  I don't feel like paying all that duty so I guess I'll have to find a Washington winery.  I'm pretty sure you have them.

I do know that there are not many wineries south of the BC/WA border until you get to Wenatchee.  (Also, DH said to tell you the duty is about 40 cents a bottle, but you probably already know that.  The BC wines we have tried have been really great!)  There are a lot of wineries between Wenatchee and Leavenworth.  Go to GoTasteWine.com and click on "Columbia Cascade Wineries" in the left column; which will bring up a map with flags for different wineries.  There are over a dozen wine-tasting rooms in Leavenworth alone.  Hey gals, we could have a walk-about wine-tasting  party!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:07 AM

BTW, Leavenworth and the Methow are looking pretty clear this morning!  Forecasts are showing smoke dissipating by the weekend...lets hope they are right!  (It's those darn back-burns that are the worst, but I am not complaining...really!) 

Almost packed and ready...just making my list in the middle of the night of what gadgets I don't have in yet that I need to pack...lol! 

I am sooo excited I will be leaving (in addition to wanting to see all of you).  We just found out last night that DS#1 is bring back D-puppy (6 months old) for "us" to dog-sit for another 3 weeks.  She just went home last weekend after she had been with us for 3 weeks.  The poor puppy is having trouble with house-breaking...she is becoming very insecure, not knowing where she is going to be next and who she belongs with.  It's not the puppy's fault (she is a real sweety), but DS's fiance had to have her and doesn't have a clue about how to train a puppy let alone how to provide it with a secure home.  Can't go there...  Anyway, DH will be dealing with puppy while I am gone and I hope the puppy survives DH...who gets very irritated with the accidents.  We definitely are not up to having a puppy whenTasha (13 yrs old) passes on...we will get a rescue dog (already trained) if we get another dog at all.  Here is a picture of Zara the puppy:

(She's a 6 month old Pomeranian and a bundle of energy!  I took 6 pictures her and this is the only one she wasn't already half out of the picture...lol.)

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,320
Points 27,045
Elizabeth replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:16 AM

"My bags are packed, I'm ready to go"  Woo-hoo leave for Washington tomorrow, will be in Sultan with my family till Sunday and then I get to meet you all.  Can barely contain myself!!!!!  Hope I get dibs on a featherweight

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:41 AM

Gosh, you all are packed, and I haven't even started and we're leaving at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning!!!  Awwwkkk!

I just finished (minus the binding) two "fidget" quilts that I needed to have done for the guild meeting that I'm going to miss. You can probably see some of the "touch" items, but unfortunately you can't really see all the types and textures of deco fabric used. My friend/neighbor will take them to the meeting along with the directions sheet to pass around the room to recruit quilters to help with this.  Great, that gets checked off the list - now on to packing!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 50 of 58 (867 items) «Prev4849505152Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use