2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Retreat, Leavenworth, WA Sept 30-October 5.

rated by 0 users
This post has 866 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,579
Points 118,650

Nana:
If I do it will arrive at about 6 am Friday morning.

Nana, 6am FRIDAY morning?  If it's Sunday morning I can pick you up. We'll be arriving on Saturday at the RV park. Wee hours of the morning aren't a problem for me.  We are usually up with the crows. You can even come back to our RV for breakfast and to hang out until we can get into Mrs Andersons. 

By the way Patti, I was going to email you this week. It looks like I might not need a room afterall. George and I are going to be traveling before the retreat. We  will be coming from Crater Lake and arrive in Leavenworth sometime Saturday. So we'll have our RV. I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed not to take part in the slumber party again this year.

You guys have ALL the fun.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 7:01 PM

Ok so I typed the wrong day....LOL>    It is Sunday morning at 6 am on Amtrak.   I get easily confused so just ignore me;...... ROFLOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,579
Points 118,650

Lisa:
Yes I am still making quilts for the NIC U we are making them up to 36" now also. Even bigger babies have delicate problems.

Lisa. Are flannel quilts OK for the babies? I have tons of pretty baby type flannels that I can bring. I haven't used flannel in quilts yet but the sale was so good I couldn't pass up buying a bunch.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,579
Points 118,650

Nana:

Ok so I typed the wrong day....LOL>    It is Sunday morning at 6 am on Amtrak.   I get easily confused so just ignore me;...... ROFLOL>

Oh, honey, that's OK. You're not old, you're just.....well seasoned.  Compared to me you're still a babe in arms.

Anyway, we can talk further as the time gets closer, but we'll already be there and I can easily pick you up at 6am without any problem at all. Of course, I remember last year and Patti chasing the train waving fat quarters.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,400
Points 415,559
gini replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 7:38 PM

Nana:

The question is 2 or 3  ROFLOL>.....

3, i can do that,  i have a wonderful mocha cheesecake recipe i could bring, too.  can you believe i have 3 cheesecake pans.  something is not right there.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 8:17 PM

Nana, if i take the train, we will probably be on the same one.   Are you going by Sunset Limited to LA and then the Coast train to Seattle, spend the night and then catch the train to Wenatchee?      The connections going were good but it looked like coming back would have a couple of overnight layovers.   

I think the train comes through Maricopa around 10:30 Thursday night and hits L.A. at 8:30 Friday morning.    Have you booked your trip yet? 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 8:22 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Nana:

Anyway, we can talk further as the time gets closer, but we'll already be there and I can easily pick you up at 6am without any problem at all. Of course, I remember last year and Patti chasing the train waving fat quarters.

If I am on that train, do you have room for one more??????    

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,579
Points 118,650

Maggie:
If I am on that train, do you have room for one more??????

Maggie. Absolutely. We can PARTY.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 9:26 PM

Maggie

The train that I will take goes thru Chicago and then up thru the northern states passing thru Glacier park and then into Leavenworth.  It comes from the east coast and across the northern states and gets to Leavenworth before getting into Seattle.    Last year when I road the train from Seattle it got into Leavenworth about 8pm.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,579
Points 118,650

Maggie. Even if you're not on the same train, you will be picked up by me or someone. Not to worry. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 10:15 PM

Thank you Judy!    Looks like a lot more fun on Nana's train and I've never been that far north.   Still trying to decide if its cheaper to drive or take the train.     Where are the Jetson's when you need them!!! 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 10:19 PM

Nana:

Maggie

The train that I will take goes thru Chicago and then up thru the northern states passing thru Glacier park and then into Leavenworth.  It comes from the east coast and across the northern states and gets to Leavenworth before getting into Seattle.    Last year when I road the train from Seattle it got into Leavenworth about 8pm.

Thanks for the info Nana -- Will you have to change trains at all?      I bet the views will be beautiful.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 10:49 PM

Maggie

I will have to change trains in Washington DC and Chicago.   But both places only have about an hour or so layover.  I think I would definitely see some pretty country.  I have never been in the northern states either.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 11:37 PM

Gini, I like the idea of a row quilt better than round quilt.  It would be easier to add to, and one could do some of the sewing before the retreat as you said. 

3 cheese cakes?  I love mocha!

For those coming by train, from the east, it arrives in Leavenworth about 6 am, and takes off to go back east about 8 pm.  It's the opposite coming from Seattle.  I love taking the train.  But if I had to travel over night, I would consider getting a sleeper.  (or should I say closet with two shelves?)  the train is generally cheaper than flying, and driving, or even taking the bus if you book early enough.  If you get a sleeper, meals and a few other extras are included.  and one meal is enough to feed 2-4 people.  If I was coming from a distance and had the time, I would definitely take the train.  And remember, for those of you who are flying or taking the train, we will have extra sewing machines for you to use. 

I have to plan another train trip some time.  I love traveling by train more than any other means.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 11:40 PM

Nana,

I've been looking at Amtrak as well. If I take it I'll have to leave on Thursday to arrive on Sunday. I really don't want to do that. How long does it take from your area?

Page 5 of 58 (867 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use