2012 Pacific Northwest Quilt Retreat, Leavenworth, WA Sept 30-October 5.

rated by 0 users
This post has 866 Replies | 29 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti Posted: Sat, Dec 10 2011 6:32 PM

This is a beautiful location, East side of the Cascades, in a fun theme town.  To learn more about Leavenworth go to leavenworth.org,  For information about Mrs Andersons' Lodging House where the retreat is held, go to quiltersheaven.com. 

And it is quilter's heaven with a quilt store on the premises.  (And we get a reduction on the fabric!)

Our group has reserved all the rooms for the retreat.  (except for one room that was already reserved for one night.)  If you are interested, let me know.  I am the "wagon master" as the lodge prefers to deal with one person when it comes to payment, and renting rooms.  As many who attended the 2011 retreat are returning, space is limited.  We would prefer to keep it at 18, but 20 is the absolute max.  A waiting list has been started, but keep in mind, it is a year away and cancellations happen.

I start collecting payment in June, which is refundable only if a replacement is found. 

Again, if you are interested friend me.  And give me your phone number and address.  It would have been so much easier last year if I could have contacted those that asked for a space, to confirm if they still wanted to come when we got closer to the date.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Dec 10 2011 6:48 PM

Here is the list so far, question mark by name if not sure coming.

room 1: Marge P, Donna B

room 2: Deb M, Bertie

room 3: Lisa, Spud?

room 5:  (not available on last night DH and I might use this the first night (our anniversary)

room 6: Judy E.

room 7: Vivian

room 8: Judy T.

room 9: Quiltless Kath

room 10: Nana, Gini, Kris, Jacy, Maggie, Elizabeth, Maggie.

I am not sure which room I will be in.  Kind of floating to give others more choices.  Cheryl H. coming but not assigned to room yet.  MnNancy will be staying elsewhere in town.  Elizabeth, if your sister comes, can the two of you share a bed?  She would be number 20.   I would still like to keep it to 18 or 19.  but  it is still 9+ months away, and a lot can happen before then.  To keep the size down, we may need have to not fill the first cancellation or two.  Bed space may be a problem. 

One way we can create a little more room, is if people have big sewing cases that don't fit under the table, perhaps they can store it in the large bathroom.

Waiting list:  1) Yvonne.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Dec 10 2011 7:01 PM

Block exchange.  It has been suggested and many like the idea of having a North woods, type of theme for the blocks.  They could be anything that has to do with mountains or woods.  Animals, trees, stars, etc. I have a pattern for a mosquito block some where!  Some 'bear paw' blocks would be good too. 

What size?  Did someone say the colors should be a natural color, something found in nature?  That could be just about anything. 

What do you think?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395

Patti:
What size?  Did someone say the colors should be a natural color, something found in nature? 

I'm really in favor of the "anything" color. There are blues, reds, purples, yellows etc in nature. Size? The 8-1/2" from last year was a good size but if we're doing an outdoors theme should we make the blocks larger? 10-1/2" or even 12-1/2"? 10-1/2" (unfinished) blocks would make a nice lap size quilt.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 6:22 PM

10-1/2" or 12-1/2" blocks sound good to me.  Also like the idea of the "anything in nature" color choice.    Would it also be individual choice as to whether it would be pieced, appliqued, embroidered, or any combination?

Love this group thread and still counting the days (although I am not yet packed LOL)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395

Maggie. You're not packed????? There is only 8-1/2 months to go. Get busy girl!!  Roflol. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 7:30 PM

If I had my way, I would head up there tomorrow!    

Met a lady friday night who is from Newport, Oregon.  She said she doesn't quilt, but quilting is very big in her area.   Nice lady, she is in Phoenix till mid-January.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 10:50 AM

what about a  6x6   12x12   or 6x12  inch blocks  our choice.    that way we could have a variety of sizes.   we could come with some filler blocks of our own of different sizes.   or   4x4    8x8   or 4x8

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 5:14 PM

I like that idea with the multiples of 6" blocks.  I did a jungle safari quilt that way once and it turned out great!  Would we be able to make our blocks in different sizes?  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Dec 14 2011 9:19 PM

Maggie, your Southwest Animals quilt is another good example of multi-size blocks.  Others can view that in your gallery.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 8:58 AM

gini:
what about a  6x6   12x12   or 6x12  inch blocks  our choice.

Gini, I really like this idea!  It would be so fun to see what people come up with.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:01 AM

Maggie, I love your gallery.  Some very beautiful quilts, and such variety.  And so well done. And so many!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 7:15 PM

Patti:

Maggie, I love your gallery.  Some very beautiful quilts, and such variety.  And so well done. And so many!

Thank you Patti, you are very sweet.   I just took out my camera in November and tried pulling out all the quilts I still have.  The Dolphin quilt was my first and it was made about 1999 or 2000.   I made it for my daughter.  The Trip around the jungle quilt it the one I sleep under every night -- took a long time to collect all the safari fabric.  My points almost never match up but I figure if you are laying under it ...you cant tell   lol   Will try to find pics of some of the others and post.   I didn't think anyone would look in my gallery ... 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 9:33 AM

Ok, this is the suggestion for the quilt blocks to be exchanged.  Northwoods, mountain theme.  Could be trees, animals, etc.  Anything you might find in the woods.  I have some patterns for mosquitoes and ticks!  Maybe not,  I would be scratching and squirming by the time I was done.  Sizes: 6x6, 6/12, or 12x12. 

Let me know what you all think.  Final decision the end of this month.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,060
Jacy replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 10:38 AM

That theme sounds good to me

Page 1 of 58 (867 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use