Smokey MTN Retreat Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 78 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana Posted: Thu, Dec 8 2011 6:52 PM

Please use this thread for all discussion and questions so that the info doesn't get lost in the chatter.   Thanks.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 130
anita replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 7:38 PM

hello...I''m newly signed up to this group...can't seem to find details on the Smokey Mtn retreat other than the date.  Could someone help me navigate?

I've never been to a retreat..can you believe that?

Thanks in advance!  Anita

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:44 PM

Anita,

Go under the thread with Smoky Mtn retreat and the dates and leave a post for Mary. She is the top guru for the retreat and last I knew there was room. To my knowledge it is in Sevierville, TN.  You can also go under "What are you up to today #4" as a thread where we all chat, there are people there that can guide you better than me. I am relatively new at this but am going to VA Beach retreat in April, and to Smoky Mtn one in June. and welcome!

Nan,

Cleveland, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:53 PM

Anita

Welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.  I feel sure that Mary will see you post and let you know all the particulars on the retreat.  Last I heard there is still an opening.  We would love to meet you.  The cost is $172 /person for the week. 

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 130
anita replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 4:59 AM

Thank you Nana!  I look forward to learning more about the retreat.

Anita

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 130
anita replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 5:03 AM

Thanks Nan!  I did leave a msg for Mary this morning but will be out of town this weekend, so I hope I don't miss out. 

Looks like I'm too late for the Va Beach retreat...maybe there'll be another one at the beach sometime.  I'm from Va Beach and now in Raleigh NC.

Anita

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 2:00 PM

Anita

I have a niece that lives in the Raliegh area.   My oldest DD also used to live there and married a man from Apex.   They are now in Roanoke.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 130
anita replied on Sun, Dec 18 2011 8:20 PM

Do you ever come this way?  We've been here since '76 and have seen quite some change.  We also have a mountain home near Roanoke, in Woolwine on the eastern side of the Blue Ridge from Floyd.  Small world.

I look forward to the retreat.  Haven't connected with Mary yet to get my deposit in or learn what the details are for the retreat, but I'm excited none the less.

Anita

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sun, Dec 18 2011 11:17 PM

Anita

One of my favorite quilt shops is in Floyd.  Love the Schoolhouse Fabrics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 4:57 PM

Mary, Igot all the neat things in the mail today that you sent me on the Smokey mtn. thank you very much . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

I'm sorry I haven't kept up with this thread. It's been a bit busy and I've decided to be sick this week...sinus/cold/sore throat etc. Glad I got my Christmas shopping and wrapping done so early...very unlike me! My traditional Christmas shopping time is this week. I HATE shopping...any kind...except for my LQS and LYS...those I love to shop in.

As far as I know, I've responded to everyone who has asked to be with us for the retreat. If I haven't, be sure you have me as a friend. I try to friend everyone who is on the list. If you haven't gotten my info for the deposit, make sure we are "friends" and message me to let me know. 

Barbara:

Mary, Igot all the neat things in the mail today that you sent me on the Smokey mtn. thank you very much . Barbara

Hubby and I picked up those things when we went over there a few weeks ago. He has been on me to send them out even though it's still months away. I'm very glad he is so organized otherwise you would be getting them AFTER the retreat if left to my own devices. lol

I'm so excited about the retreat. Time flies when you are my age but I think the next 6 months are going to crawl.

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 130
anita replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 4:37 PM

I'm sorry to hear you're sick...it's no fun, particularly this time of year. Hope you're well soon.

I'm excited too...6 months seem so far away.  My deposit is in the mail so woohoo!  I'm in!    

Get well!

Anita

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 11:43 PM

Mary

If you think 6 months is going to fly just stop and think that the VB retreat is now less than 4 months.....woohoo,    I can hardly wait for either of these retreats.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 130
anita replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 5:04 AM

Nana...Where is the Va Beach retreat being held?  Anita

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 7:55 AM

Anita

It is the SE retreat and is being held in Virginia Beach.  Right now we are full but if a spot opens I will let you know if you are interested.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 6 (79 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use