rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Mary:
By the way...that was to Marge who claimed Tom due to her height! lol
Nope - that was MN Nancy.  Although I'm with you on liking Tom Selleck since Magnum!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

OK - now don't forget.  Just because Kris isn't there doesn't mean you all can drop off the grid for a week.  We want - no demand - updates and pictures forthcoming from the retreat!!!!!  All of us who have to stay behind want to attend vicariously just as we let everyone enjoy our stay at VB.  

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,494
Points 30,410
Diana replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 5:52 PM

Hi Gang,   I've been doing a paying job on line so I haven't been here as much as I wished I could.  I finished the first part, and I'll start the second part when I get back from our retreat.  Here's the scoop.   I'll be bringing some muffins and danish for breakfasts if someone doesn't eat a large breakfast.  I'll also be bringing a large can of ground coffee and creamers that don't need to be refrigerated.  Does anyone know if there is WiFi there?????  I have my British buddy who I taught to quilt years ago and he wants to meet everyone...hehehe  Online of course.  He lives in Jacksdale, Nottinghamshire, UK.  Yup, he's a Brit.  

Well, beds are all made and ready for company.  Bought some food and drinks for everyone.  Now to finish picking up my studio tomorrow morning.  Ready to party....lol

Diana in East Tn.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

I have a hotspot but sometimes wifi is spotty there. We will do all we can to report back to you all.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 228
Points 5,945
Sharon replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 5:19 AM

Yea!!  My list is checked off. Now let's hope I put everything I need on the list! I'm packing the car and almost ready to go to Bo' Jangles for breakfast - my traditional meal before traveling out of town. I'm on my way to Johnson City to spend a couple of days with the DH  who lives there. Had to get him out of the house so we could put the Raleigh house on the market. You can guess why. I'm so excited about meeting everyone and experiencing my first retreat. See you all Sunday!

Sharon

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,696
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 5:48 AM

Sharon

Safe travels today.  I will be heading out soon as well.  See you Sunday.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 7:33 AM

Everyone drive very carekully and have a wonderful time. I will see you Monday!!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 40,040
Mimi replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 8:09 AM

Sharon of Raleigh:
I'm so excited about meeting everyone and experiencing my first retreat. See you all Sunday!

I'm so jealous that you get to start today.  DH has to work.  Sharon and Nana have safe trips.  See both of you soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 40,040
Mimi replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 8:15 AM

Marge (AKA Dimples):
All of us who have to stay behind want to attend vicariously just as we let everyone enjoy our stay at VB.  

I'm sure Kathy will do her best to take pictures and keep you all up to date.  Remember we're in the mountains and wifi can be spotty.  I'm packing my camera and two 256 chips.  Should be enough to record the festivities. Better get some more batteries too.  Wish you were coming Marge so you could be part of everything.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

It's the DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be very glad your hostess had her ativan refilled yesterday. Thought I was gonna have a heart attack yesterday, my heart was literally jumping out of my chest. 

More surprises for you all.

By the way, although Theresa, my LYS owner, will be out of town, her second in command and one of the most patient women I know, is going to come at lunchtime Monday to eat with us and then teach a class on knitting. I've asked her to make up 10 packets (yarn, pattern, needles) which will be available for you to buy. It's the only charge for the class but I told her we would feed her, but I might be able to come up with a bit of a gift as well. The kits will be cash or check (no credit cards) and I'm sure will be under $20, probably under $15.

DH is taking tomorrow off, thank God. I've already set him to the task of cleaning my floors and wrapping gifts, both my least favorite chores. Gotta clean the bathrooms since Andrea Dee will be spending the night with us. If anyone else needs a place to stay Saturday night, let me know. We'll figure out somewhere here even if I have to sleep on the floor!

Your nuckin' futs hostess, 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 12,685
Quiltless replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 10:18 AM

Just following the ramp up of excitement to this retreat has been great!  Can't wait to see pictures and share your stories. 

Have loads of fun, everyone!   Be safe.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 10:28 AM

It is unbelievable but true...I FINISHED MY BLOCKS!!!  Very far from perfect but isn't it the thought that counts?? Maddie will press them this evening. Going to get massage today, and then grocery shop tomorrow..Gas here is $2.98 a gallon!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 40,040
Mimi replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 10:56 AM

nantenn:
I FINISHED MY BLOCKS!!! 

Congratulations Nan!  I'm still working on mine but just the embellishing.  I have tonight and tomorrow night and they should be finished.  Gas is really low where you live.  That price is amazing.  Gotta go and finish up all the last minute things like laundry and packing.  Starting tomorrow AM for the first leg of the trip.  Can't wait to see everyone and have some fun!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 40,040
Mimi replied on Fri, Jun 22 2012 11:00 AM

Mary:
More surprises for you all.

Mary you are totally amazing and awesome.  You are making this retreat a once in a lifetime event!  Knitting instruction too?  WOW!  Do we need to sign up for this class or is it just first come first served?  My DH hates to clean the floors but when he's brewing he makes a total wreck of the kitchen so he cleans the floor so I won't over-react.  They are great helpers aren't they?  Give yours a hug from me and tell him he's a real sweetheart.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Mimi:

Mary you are totally amazing and awesome.  You are making this retreat a once in a lifetime event!  Knitting instruction too?  WOW!  Do we need to sign up for this class or is it just first come first served?  My DH hates to clean the floors but when he's brewing he makes a total wreck of the kitchen so he cleans the floor so I won't over-react.  They are great helpers aren't they?  Give yours a hug from me and tell him he's a real sweetheart.

We are going to have such a great time...one time event? Didn't I mention this is the FIRST ANNUAL SMOKY MOUNTAIN MAMA'S RETREAT!

Knitting classes will hold 10 as that is how many kits she's bringing. Only a handful asked about it. If more want to join, she can bring more kits. Let me know ladies.

Spoke with Diana and her LQS is going out of business at the end of the month. The sales are amazing so we are planning to add her to our hop. Full bolts for 3-4 dollars a yard! It will help us and the shop owner.

• Post Points: 50
Page 50 of 56 (840 items) «Prev4849505152Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use