This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,500
Points 41,575
Mimi replied on Wed, Jan 25 2012 7:14 PM

Barbara:
Mimi I can help with cooking

Thanks Barbara.  I was thinking of a crock pot or casserole with chicken?  I have some friends bringing me some ideas.  And I also have a great ham and rice casserole.  I guess as the time gets closer we can figure all this out.  How many are we cooking for?  Did I count 30 +?  I guess if we are making 24 squares there will be at least that many.  I'll send you a friend request so we don't clog up the airways.  thanks again Barbara.  You're the best.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,248
Points 253,909
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 26 2012 11:07 AM

No problem, I will try and think of things to , I'm still not real sure of the numbers either , but thats okay we'll manage.barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

Please let me know if I missed anyone or if a payment was sent but not received.

Anyone know or heard from Jeri or Geralyn?

Here's the list so far:

1. Mary - PIF
    2. Karla - dep received
    3. Karla's DH - dep received
    4. Susan - dep received
    5. Susan's DH - dep received
    6. Beth - paid in full
    7. Beth's DH - paid in full
    8. Barbara - Paid in full
    9. Mimi - Paid in full
    10. Mimi's DH - Paid in full
    11. Nan - dep received
    12. Carolyn Floyd - dep received
    13. Janis Lindsey - dep received
    14. Sue D. Ohio - dep received
    15. Sabrina - paid in full
    16. Andrea - dep received
    17. Nana - Paid in full
    18. Toni - teaching - comped.
    19. Juliana - dep received
    20. Leah - dep received
    21. Kathy Wray - Dep received
    22. Dianna - Dep received
    23. Jeri
    24. Geralyn
    25. Barb Hoffmann - Dep received
    26. Diana - PIF
    27. Leslie - 1/2 received
     Waiting list:

The dates are June 24-30, 2012. The retreat cabin costs $172.00 per person for the week. A deposit of $50.00 holds your place. The rest will be due not later than then end of March. Block exchange is 12.5" x 12.5" (finished 12x12) and is a pattern having something to do with your favorite or state flower. Check out the lodge here.

Top 200 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 374
    Points 9,355
    Nan replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 1:40 PM

Mary,

Put me where ever you can. I will bring my small fan. I am willing to help cook with whoever wants to cook together, just let me know. I have a great sloppy joe recipe and usually pair it with a macaroni salad recipe I created.. this plus maybe a small green salad would be easy. Sloppy joes can also be used like chili on hotdogs as an added attraction. I can bring ingredients with me. Recipes are easy to make for a crowd. I can prepare it and keep in slow cooker to keep it hot and those who want to eatr at different times can just help themselves.

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 200 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 374
    Points 9,355
    Nan replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 10:08 PM

If no objections I would like to cook on Monday night. If someone would want to bring nice rolls to go with dinner that would be appreciated. I can manage the rest by myself really.

Nan

Top 200 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 329
    Points 4,940
    Sue replied on Sun, Jan 29 2012 1:07 AM
    Nan replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 11:08 PM

If no objections I would like to cook on Monday night. If someone would want to bring nice rolls to go with dinner that would be appreciated. I can manage the rest by myself really.

Nan

Hi Nan, I would be happy to bring rolls and anything else you would like Sue  Just let me know

thank you Sue D. Ohio

Top 200 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 374
    Points 9,355
    Nan replied on Sun, Jan 29 2012 1:49 PM

Sue,

That would be great, can you friend me and sent me your email I have one for you but I do not think it is correct.

Nan

Top 10 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 13,314
    Points 154,618

Wow - you guys have a big group.  How many people does that lodge sleep????

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 100 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 986
    Points 24,705

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Wow - you guys have a big group.  How many people does that lodge sleep????

It sleeps up to 34 but we are capping it at about 26. I am removing 2 ladies who haven't been heard from so we'll see how it goes.

Top 100 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 986
    Points 24,705

All deposits are in. PIF means paid in full. The rest of the money is due by March 31. Here's the list so far:

1. Mary - PIF
    2. Karla - 
    3. Karla's DH - 
    4. Susan - 
    5. Susan's DH - 
    6. Beth - PIF
    7. Beth's DH - PIF
    8. Barbara - PIF
    9. Mimi - PIF
    10. Mimi's DH - PIF
    11. Nan - 
    12. Carolyn Floyd - 
    13. Janis Lindsey - 
    14. Sue D. Ohio - 
    15. Sabrina - PIF
    16. Andrea - 
    17. Nana - PIF
    18. Toni -  PIF
    19. Juliana - 
    20. Leah - 
    21. Kathy Wray - 
    22. Dianna - 
    23. Barb Hoffmann - 
    24. Diana - PIF
    25. Leslie - 1/2 received

Waiting list:

The dates are June 24-30, 2012. The retreat cabin costs $172.00 per person for the week. A deposit of $50.00 holds your place. The rest will be due not later than then end of March. Block exchange is 12.5" x 12.5" (finished 12x12) and is a pattern having something to do with your favorite or state flower (22 blocks). Check out the lodge here.

Top 100 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 986
    Points 24,705

All deposits are in. PIF means paid in full. The rest of the money is due by March 31. Here's the list so far:

1. Mary - PIF
    2. Karla - 
    3. Karla's DH - 
    4. Susan - 
    5. Susan's DH - 
    6. Beth - PIF
    7. Beth's DH - PIF
    8. Barbara - PIF
    9. Mimi - PIF
    10. Mimi's DH - PIF
    11. Nan - 
    12. Carolyn Floyd - 
    13. Janis Lindsey - 
    14. Sue D. Ohio - 
    15. Sabrina - PIF
    16. Andrea - 
    17. Nana - PIF
    18. Toni -  PIF
    19. Juliana - 
    20. Leah - 
    21. Kathy Wray - 
    22. Dianna - 
    23. Barb Hoffmann - 
    24. Diana - PIF
    25. Leslie - 1/2 received

Waiting list:

The dates are June 24-30, 2012. The retreat cabin costs $172.00 per person for the week. A deposit of $50.00 holds your place. The rest will be due not later than then end of March. Block exchange is 12.5" x 12.5" (finished 12x12) and is a pattern having something to do with your favorite or state flower (22 blocks). Check out the lodge here.

Top 10 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 28,737
    Points 419,869
    gini replied on Sun, Jan 29 2012 8:15 PM

mary, i know i am coming fo r at least one day and if there's room, perhaps overnight.  how much money do you want me to send?  or should we worry about it when i arrive and know more. 

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 986
    Points 24,705

gini:

mary, i know i am coming fo r at least one day and if there's room, perhaps overnight.  how much money do you want me to send?  or should we worry about it when i arrive and know more. 

I bet if you bring a special treat for the ladies, we can sneak you in for a night without paying. :D Chocolate is always good bribery, but anything will do.

Top 100 Contributor
    Female
    Posts 986
    Points 24,705

I have put the ladies who said they would cook for a night in the schedule. If you are on the schedule, you are in charge of that meal so get together with those who offered to help and plan your meal. It can be as elaborate or as simple as you wish. My lasagna is very simple as it will be done in advance and frozen. Throw a salad and some garlic bread together that day and I'm done! Of course I may have to utilize the gas stove and professional kitchen to throw together something fun for lunch...you never know. I've really gotten into cooking shows/recipes as my DH is planning on retiring this year and I won't be alone every night for dinner. I don't normally cook except on his days off.

We still have Friday night. We could do a night out or ask Sara to provide a buffet for us or someone can offer to head dinner that night. Let me know.

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Arrive after 3 pm

10am-12 Class

10am-ish - Shop hop

10am-12 Class

Fishing

Pack up & Check out

Quilting

Titanic Visit

1pm - 3 pm Class taught by Nana Thread painting

1pm-3pm - Class taught by Mary Hand quilting

Knitting/crochet class after lunch

Settling in day

BBQ hosted by Mary & DH

Dinner - Nan

Dinner - Leah

Lasagna dinner - Mary

Dinner - Mimi

Dinner - Out? Theater? In?

Top 200 Contributor
    Posts 371
    Points 6,725

I don't see the paper piecing class.  Is it still happening?  I will be happy to help any and all who are cooking.  I'm a grazer so I plan to bring lots of snacks to share.  Is anyone interested in the Soul of Motown show that's in town?  Does anyone know if I need a fishing license to fish in the lake?

Andrea

Page 5 of 56 (840 items) «Prev34567Next»
    | RSS
    Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
    By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use