Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 3:34 PM

YIPPEE!!   YAHOO!!  I'M FINISHED PACKING MY SCHOOL ROOM!!

Okay now I can finally get psyched about this retreat.  And with only 6 days to go I'd better get my rear in gear.   And did Barbara promise Mark Harmon would be there????

Can any one help this poor tired teacher figure out what pages I should look on to get the right materials for the starch applique class?  Also I think I signed up for something else but I can't remember right now.  Mary, could you let me know what else I signed up for or tell me the page to look on?  What beside my SM, RC, mat, UFO's, scissors, and all thread, needles and assorted sewing stuff should I pack?  Did I read somewhere we didn't need to pack clothes?  Hmmm....I guess that leaves a lot of room in my suitcase for fabric when I return home. What's the predicted weather?  My brain is going a million miles a second.  Better go get busy.  OH JOY!! School is finally over!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Barbara:

Marge to bad you aren't coming ,I will miss you , Barbara

I know Barbara.  This looks like it is shaping up to be a great retreat.  Mary is really doing a nice job organizing everything for you all.  I hope you get over to Holloway's and that great restaurant up the road from them.  Holloway's is in a log cabin. When I was up there checking out possibilites for a retreat, I think I hit all the shops in the area - thanks to Diana.  :o)

I could use another quilt retreat but now I have this thing called a job.  I don't think I could get away from Dave for another week off by myself either.  Last time he had David Jr. for company.  My DH hates to be alone.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

hoffymom:
Kathy Wray and I are planning to drive to Lake Lanier  Ga. on Friday
Barb - are you traveling up I75?  If yes, you should stop at the quilt shop I work at --- largest one in Georgia - open 10 - 6 on Fri.  If you know about when you would be there, I would even come and meet you there and we coudl do lunch or something too.  If this looks workable - friend me and I will send you my cell phone number so you can call me when you get into the area.  I'm not working on Friday so it would be a fun thing for me too.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 130
hoffymom replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 4:57 PM

What's the name?  We stop at all the quilt stores. Barb Hoffmann

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 5:20 PM

we made it to branson last night, and i got to spend the day, not in a car.   i just relaxed, worked on my blocks and watched sam tooing and froing.  he hit the ground running and has been working hard ever since we arrived.

6 days, yippee.   can't wait to meet everyone.     

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jun 18 2012 8:23 PM

Marge I'm driving but infortunatly you are way off our path .I'm comng from the west on I 40 ,I would love to come and see your shop but that still several miles away . Sorry Marge maybe another time.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 6:44 AM

5 Days  Omg 5 days ! I'm not ready ,to much to do , bags to pack ,clothes to get ready, what do I bring, which project and I'm going to bring ,oh I'm paniced , can I get it all in the car!!!  Now just clam down, make your list ,check it off,don't forget the cell phone charger, the camera charger, your meds if needed . Things you use at home to sew, bring them with you , set them aside so you know what your bringing . You'll get it all together ,have a soda ,get some coffee, have a glass of wine. Stay relaxed .  OMG 5 days to go . Can't wait ...ME The Cheerleader

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,728
Points 437,065
Nana replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 8:02 AM

WooHoo   WooHoo.... it is almost time.   I think I have my projects all together and my Bernina for Gini is all packed and ready to go.   Now I just need to get everything else together.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,728
Points 437,065
Nana replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 8:06 AM

Barbara:
OH wouldn't it be nice

Nice???   OMG I would be drooling all over my project and sewing machine.   Yummy.  Mark Harmon is superb.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Barbara:
OMG 5 days to go . Can't wait

I am so sorry that I will not be joining you ladies in the Smokey Mountains.

I really enjoyed the VB retreat and this one sounded so good but my wedding anniversary is smack dab in the middle of the time I would have been away.  DH would not consider taking time away.  Lucky to get him to "travel" to the next county much less another state.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 10:15 AM

Darlene we  will miss you , to , but have a happy anniversary ,just the same. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 10:16 AM

Nana,I think we would all be drooling ,but it would be nice if he just dropped by ,,, I wish ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

hoffymom:

What's the name?  We stop at all the quilt stores. Barb Hoffmann

Barb - the name of the shop is A Scarlet Thread.  Hours are 10 - 6.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Silly Barbara --- I didn't expect you to come out of your way down to Georgia.  The "Barb" message was for Barb Hoffman who is coming up from Florida.  I figure so many Florida folks travel on I75 through GA that I would take a chance on them coming this way. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Tue, Jun 19 2012 12:57 PM

Barbara:
but you know how those celebrities can be

Barbara, If you can't get Mark to come how about the guy from the Mentalist? LOL

Page 44 of 56 (840 items) «Prev4243444546Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use