Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 472
Points 8,795
Darlene replied on Tue, Jun 12 2012 7:37 PM

Nancy and Kris you will be missed.I was feeling like that and thought if there is room I'm there and lucky me Mary was able to swing things around and I can hardly wait.Mary thanks soo much for all the work and I know how much grief when things keep changing but super job and everything will work out.I'm stittching in overdrive to get my blocks done .They aren't fancy but they are nice so the countdown is on.Safe trip Gini see you there

Darlene(2manyhorses)

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,297
Kris replied on Tue, Jun 12 2012 11:35 PM

Darlene:
Nancy and Kris you will be missed.

You ladies have a super time. Should I send a life-size cutout so you can pretend I'm there? LOL Post LOTS of photos.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 5:05 AM

Barbara,    No problem at all if you come in on Friday.   The longer to have some fun and some shopping.  Hopefully our LQS will still be open and you can get in on the sale I just took advantage of.  Can't wait.

Diana in East Tn.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:03 AM

We're going to miss Kris, MNNancy and Marge and all the rest of you from VB.  But it will be really nice to meet  new friends and see old ones too.  And lots of the local shops are willing to set something up for all of us at their shops and there are lots of shops.  4 shops within 1/2 hour drive or so.  It will an absolute blast.

Barbara, Have you ever been to the Cumberland Gap?  It's only about an hour from my house and there are 2 fabric shops on the way.  You get up onto the top of the Gap and can see forever.(if it's clear).    It's a nice ride (not on the interstate), and we go thru the Cumberland Tunnel.  It's a bit of a walk but I have a wheelchair if needed. It's not steep and I can push.   It's worth the ride and the view is breathtaking.  Just a thought.

Diana in East Tn.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 9:40 AM

Diana ,NO i've never been and it sound fabulous, I will be ok if I can stop and rest now and then and I'll have my cane with me, I know gini would love it as well . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 9:47 AM

SMOKEY MTN, MAMAS we have 10 days to go . Are we all excited . do I hear a Yeah ! let me hear a Yeah !  The Smokeys are calling and we are ready to go ,for quilting ,fun and shoping behold,be ready to spend and find fabulous things to share with each other and memories to keep ..ME THE CHEERLEADER

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 11:01 AM

Wow only 10 more days.  Boy do I need to get in motion and start getting stuff together.  I don't know where this month went but I am definitely not prepared.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:33 PM

Nana,

Sent you a PM..

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:43 PM

Diana, yes I would love to do the Cumberland gap

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:45 PM

Kris, a cardboard cut out would not be the same as sitting next to you,   Dang, I wish you and nancy were coming too.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:52 PM

We drove through sieverville, pigeon forge the smokey mountains today.  11 hours from one hotel to the next.   My bum is plumb tuckered.

My goodness is this beautiful country.  

We are in lenoir for the night.   Sam is counting lumber in the morning and we're (this is the godly WE, i wait in the car)  maybe off to count more boards in charleston and then. The trek to Branson, perhaps through savannah.  Good thing Sam likes to drive.  Sam says savannah and charleston are beautiful towns so we should have a good trip, long though it may be.   

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 10:16 PM

gini, I know your bum is tuckered out but what a beautiful drive it must be , Hope you are taking some pictures for us . I would love to see Savannah some day , but that is a  long dirve for me.  Have fun and see you in a few days . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Wed, Jun 13 2012 11:11 PM

Barbara:
SMOKEY MTN, MAMAS we have 10 days to go

Smokey Mtn Mamas!

I know you all are excited for your fantastic retreat that Mary has planned for you. She has done an outstanding job coordinating everything.  Have a blast!  I will miss being there in the beautiful mountains with you all.

Take lots of pics to post and share with everyone! And most of all have tons of fun!

SW Superwoman

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,297
Kris replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 12:16 AM

gini:

Kris, a cardboard cut out would not be the same as sitting next to you,   Dang, I wish you and nancy were coming too.  

Gini,

Pat and I were talking about the retreat while at work and we realised that we have to work so we can afford a retreat but we can't come to the retreat because we have to work. Bummer.

I'm glad you're having a nice time on your trip so far. I'll just have to be happy with seeing you in the fall.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Thu, Jun 14 2012 5:18 AM

Gini, you will love Savannah but you need a couple of days to do it justice and explore the river front and the "haunted" houses.  Really great! 

I will be out of here early Tuesday morn to go to Biloxi, win some money to spend in quilt shops :) and then on to Memphis to see Elvis.  I will be staying at Heartbreak Hotel so you know Elvis will "be in the house"!  Then to Pigeon Forge and hoping to take in a country show on Saturday night before coming to rest for the week at the retreat.

Barb, you won't regret going to Cumberland Gap, simply gorgeous!

Kathy

Page 39 of 56 (840 items) «Prev3738394041Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use