Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Fri, May 25 2012 5:03 PM

so happy..as i mis-cut 3 blocks and have 23 left.

Mimi, 

Your quilt was huge success, I posted a photo of all 3 quilts on here. they could not make it till last Sat because the dad was busy, so all the hurry was for not. Kids were shy but seemed pleased.

See you at retreat!

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

You all are just not going to believe the beautiful gift we got from Timeless Treasures. 

I'd like to propose a game. Since I'm getting so many "door prizes" I thought I would wrap them up and have a "white elephant" gift exchange, if we get enough for everyone to get one. If you have something nice that you don't plan to use, some fat quarters, notions, kits, etc., feel free to wrap them too. We put everyone's name in a jar and the first one pulled gets to choose one of the packages. The second named person gets to steal from the first or open a new gift. It goes on like that until the last person. The first then gets to have a turn to steal if she wishes. The only rule is that once an item has been stolen 3 times, the third person gets to keep it and nobody can steal it from her. 

What do you all think? This is for new items, not the "I don't need this anymore" free for the taking stuff.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Sun, May 27 2012 4:25 PM

Mary:
What do you all think?

I'm totally in.  I've got to have something new around here that I can contribute.  Sounds like fun!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Okay...I almost had a stroke here. I deleted the last post I put on because I realized that was tacky and I don't want you all to feel obligated to ask. Then I got a message that what I thought was the whole post was deleted. Thankfully, it was only my latest one. Whew!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,695
Diana replied on Mon, May 28 2012 6:42 AM

Mary,    I like this idea.  We do this at our Guild Christmas party and it's so much fun and lots of laughs.  I'm sure I could find something to add.  Local quilt shop is having a 40% off sale on everything in shop and I'm going there tonight.  Let's see what I find.

Diana in East Tn. 

Our LQS is also online    www.mmija.com      Their sale is also online if anyone is interested. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, May 28 2012 6:15 PM

Mary I'm in I think I have some thing (s) I can contribute, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, May 28 2012 8:06 PM

Mary

This is a great idea.  I may have something that I can donate.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725

I'm in, I've got a few things as well.

Andrea

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Wow...we are gonna have a fun "white elephant" exchange. Please don't feel like you have to buy anything. I just went through my closet and found a couple of kits that I know I won't do because I waited long enough that they don't really fit my decor (ain't I fancy?). If you have something new that you know you won't use, wrap it up and bring it. I have 10 items myself right now. Any we don't need for the exchange will become door prizes we will draw for.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, May 29 2012 9:20 AM

Mary I'm with you have a couple of kits I got and now know I'll never use ,so I think I will bring them as well, this is going to be so much fun . ONLY 25 DAYS left ...Yeah Rah   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Barbara:

Mary I'm with you have a couple of kits I got and now know I'll never use ,so I think I will bring them as well, this is going to be so much fun . ONLY 25 DAYS left ...Yeah Rah   Barbara

Great. Don't forget to wrap them so nobody sees what they are. I'm so excited! Can't hardly stand it.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, May 29 2012 12:31 PM

I still haven't made any progress on my blocks.  I think I am having sewer's block.....LOL> 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Oh my goodness! I just got a big box from Connecting Threads. Couldn't remember ordering anything over the past few days. Opened it and there is an amazing amount of gifts for our retreat from them! I just cannot believe how much they sent. It's a good thing I'm an honest woman or you all would never see most of it! lol

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, May 29 2012 3:06 PM

I am in too, just haven't gone through the closet yet......does it need to be a kit or is just fabric good??? Ideas please!

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, May 29 2012 9:22 PM

Kathy,it can be anything ,just make sure it is wrapped up,barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 31 of 56 (840 items) «Prev2930313233Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use