Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380

All the buzz about the retreat is getting me so excited.  I will help with anything be it help cook, clean or what ever. 

Kathy,   Are you helmet liners for motorcycle or may welding, construction helmets, which may be the same as far as I know.   Would be interested in learning that.

My sister and I will be driving and if anyone flying in needs any supplies that we may have and need us to bring extra's just let us know.

Janis

Janis

TN

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 340
Melody replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 11:08 PM

Beth Weigt:

Melody - If not too much trouble and if your hens are agreeable, DH and I could use a dozen for our breakfast casserole.

Beth:  I'll definitely bring all that I have available.  I have had a "chicken predator" out in my barn and have lost 10 chickens.  Seven were young pullets that were set to start laying in August.  Right now I only have 8 chickens left.....and 3 of those are grannys...no longer producing.  I'll be getting more but will not be of help for the retreat.  Just makes me blazing mad that I can't catch the devil!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,535
Points 31,305
Diana replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 7:34 AM

Name.....Smoky Mountain Maniacs.....Aren't we all quilting maniacs??  

Smoky Mountain Top Quilters 

Smoky Mountain Sewers

Just a couple I've thought of...

Diana in East Tn.                                 

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 993
Points 24,815

Diana:

Name.....

Smoky Mountain Sewers

Just wondering if people might think we work underground...sewers? lol

How about Smoky Mountain Mamas?

Here's the list and there is a link at the bottom for the Lodge.

1. Mary - PIF
  2. Susan - PIF
  3. Susan's DH - PIF
  4. Beth - PIF
  5. Beth's DH - PIF
  6. Barbara - PIF
  7. Mimi - PIF
  8. Mimi's DH - PIF
  9. Nan & Maddie - PIF
  10. Carolyn Floyd - PIF
  11. Janis Lindsey - PIF
  12. Sue D. Ohio - PIF
  13. Sabrina - PIF
  14. Andrea - PIF
  15. Juliana - PIF
  16. Kathy - PIF
  17. Dianna - PIF
  18. Diana - PIF
  19. Sharon - PIF
  20. Kathy Wray - PIF
  21. Barb Hoffman - PIF
  22. Gini - (only a couple of days)
  23. Sara - Owner
  24. Melody - 
  25. Toni -  (Unsure if she's coming)

The dates are June 24-30, 2012. The retreat cabin costs $172.00 per person for the week. Block exchange is 12.5" x 12.5" (finished 12x12) and is a pattern having something to do with your favorite or state flower (Currently 22 blocks). Let your personality and creativity flow on this...no rules other than size. Check out the lodge here.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,535
Points 31,305
Diana replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:07 AM

Well...don't like sewers...huh....lol    How about Smoky Mountain Sewing Sisters

I guess I could be my fur babies 'Mama'....hehehehe  I've had lots of those over the years.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 993
Points 24,815

Beth Weigt:

Mimi and Susan - My DH has found a train excursion in Bryson City, NC and is thinking of going there when we go shop hopping,  It would be an all day trip and he wanted to know if your DH's would like to join him??

Please let me know if you are going to do this. DH has put in to take Tuesday and Thursday off to entertain the guys but if you are doing the train, I'll let him know so he can work that day. If the DH's don't want to go shooting with him or fishing with him, I will just tell him to work that whole week. It's not a problem. I just don't want him to take vacation days and find out he isn't needed.

Thanks ladies.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 993
Points 24,815

Melody:

I thought I was on the list?  Do you know if I can send my deposit  via paypal?

You are on the list, second from bottom. I don't have the ability to accept funds through Paypal as far as I know and have sent you a message with my name and address and phone number on it. Please contact me that way if it's a problem. If you need to use a credit card instead of a check, perhaps Sara could take it. Might want to friend and pm her.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,333
Points 255,429
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:23 AM

Mary I can live with Smoky Mountain Mamas, time is just running by it will be June before we know it .LOL  BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,341
Points 17,940
Susan replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:35 AM

Diana, Smokey Mountain Sewing Sisters sounds fine to me!           Susan

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 993
Points 24,815

I have just spent the last couple of hours going through all the posts to see who wants to do what and room with whom. I have made the below assignments. If you all want to switch with anyone, please pm one another and then let me know in PM what you decide and I will change it. I will not change it through mention in the discussion list. It's going to get very chatty here the closer we get and I may miss something so please PM me with changes.

Room Assignments:

Barbara and Kathy will be in the only bedroom on this floor.

Rooms begin with #1 being bottom second from left (1 bed for 2 people) and goes clockwise:

1 - Mimi & DH

2 - Diane, Maddie, Nan

3 - Kathy Wray, Barb Hoffman, Janice, Carolyn, Gini (1-2 nights)

4 - Sharon, Dianna, Melody

5 - Andrea, Sabrina, Juliana, Sue, Mary

6 - Susan & DH

7 - Beth & DH

Schedule:

Leaving it loose. That worked well at VB and folks who were willing to teach a technique or class just announced when and where. Those interested went for it. The bold items are pretty much set as Theresa is coming Monday to teach anyone interested in knitting, shop hop has been arranged with shops and Titanic seems to be the attraction everyone wants to see. I know in VB, we put our quilting machines and supplies in our cars early Friday afternoon so we could be out on time Saturday. That left us with little to do but hand work so I figured it would be a good time to go out for an attraction and dinner, if you all want.

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Breakfast – Room 1

Breakfast – Grab & Go

Breakfast – Room 7

Breakfast – Rooms: Upstairs   & Room 2

Breakfast – Room 6

10am - Shop hop

Pack up & Check out

Knit class

Arrive after 3 pm

Settling in day

Titanic Visit

BBQ hosted by Mary & DH & Sara

Dinner – Room3

Dinner – Room 4

Dinner – Room 5

Dinner – Room 1

Dinner - Out? Theater? In?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 12:10 PM

Mary

If I am able to arrange to come to this retreat after all do you still have a corner to put me in???   I am willing to take a couch if needed.   I am still trying to work this out as I would love to be able to meet everyone.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,182
Points 22,520
Beth Weigt replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 12:32 PM

Mary - I'll let you know ASAP.  I know my husband may fish but not a hunter.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 993
Points 24,815

Nana:

Mary

If I am able to arrange to come to this retreat after all do you still have a corner to put me in???   I am willing to take a couch if needed.   I am still trying to work this out as I would love to be able to meet everyone.

Absolutely! I would be thrilled if you could join us even if it's only part of the week. There are 2 more spaces in beds before we have to start using sofas or futons so you could stay in room 3 or 4. Gini is only going to be there a couple of nights so whichever one is empty she can fill. I still don't know if Toni is even coming. I've tried to contact her through email and pm but no answer. I do know she chose not to teach classes, which is fine. She said she wanted to come and would pay but I haven't been able to get in touch with her through computer. May have to resort to phone calls. lol (Not a fan of phone calls) 

Keep me posted! I'm so excited about this retreat after the great one you put on in VB!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 993
Points 24,815

DH and I are going to meet Sara at the Lodge and talk over a few arrangements.

For the DH that wanted to go on the Tail of the Dragon, click on the link for info regarding this roadway. It is an 11 mile stretch of highway 129 that contains 318 serious curves, many hairpin. DH and I have driven it in a car but not on motorcycles, which is what is most popular. The link will also keep you posted on any closings. NC prohibits trucks (semi's) from going on the road but, unfortunately, TN doesn't. Also, there are rock slides that could close it for a few days at a time and accidents that close it for hours at a time. If you go on this, plan a long, slow ride for safety. It's fun and I want to go on it in my convertible one of these days. Don't know if I can talk DH into it but you never know.

IS IT JUNE YET??????????

Page 19 of 56 (840 items) «Prev1718192021Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.