Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,489
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 4:02 PM

Diana,I am driving in on Sat .and Idon't know how long it will take me from KC ,Mo . Are there any not so high priced hotels in the area?  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 4:14 PM

Diane,

DH and I will be driving down from PA on Saturday and probably stay somewhere on the route. I think I read that check in is at 3:00 PM on Sunday right?  We can go about 8 or nine hours before we will be too tired to drive.  Our GPS says it's about 11+ hours to get there.  DGD #1 has a dance recital on Saturday 6/30 near Washington DC  at 1:00 so we will be leaving early Saturday to get there on time.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 4:35 PM

Barbara,    You can always stay at my house on Sat. night.  I'm not far off the interstate I-40.  And we could always drive together on Sunday to the lodge.  It's up to you.  I have an apt. downstairs which is also my quilt studio and it has all the emenities.  Kitchen, bathroom, cable tv, and sewing machine....hehehe  What more could you ask.  And a queen size bed too. 

Friend me and I'll give you address and phone number.

Diana in East Tn.

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 4:41 PM

Mimi,

I drive from Pa. to my house in East Tn. in about 8 hours.  I go to upstate NY about twice a year and always stop in Pa. at the first exit at Green Castle.  that's about the half way mark for me and it's not so hard a drive day.  The lodge is about another 45 min. from my house.  Hope this helps out.

Diana in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,489
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 4:45 PM

Diana ,that would be awesome, I'll frind you and we can get it worked out , thank alot for the wonderful offer . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 4:46 PM

Mimi, 

There are tons of hotels right off the interstate all the way down.  Are you driving I-81 or another route?  I've stayed at Comfort Inns all the time in Virginia at different places and have never been dissapointed.

Diana in East Tn.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,489
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 4:48 PM

Diana ,we are already friends ,I did send you a short message , Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 5:05 PM

Diana:
Are you driving I-81

Yes we are driving I-81.  We are located near Philadelphia so we'll come west to Lancaster/Harrisburg area on the PA turnpike.  Then turn south west on 81.  We like Comfort Inns too.  My daughter lives within walking distance of one and since she has such a tiny town home we stay there instead of sleeping on her floor. I might even have a free night as we belong to their points club.  Can't remember what it's called though.  Oh well.  I'm SO EXCITED since we've all started to chat about this.  How many days is it now?  57 by my count.  Yikes better get sewing!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 5:09 PM

OOPS......guess I'm a dummy today....I'll get it right eventually.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 5:15 PM

Mimi,

I think I can drive I-81 in  my sleep.   And I know every hiding spot of the Virginia State Police on the way thru there.  hehehe  i always tell people I only need 2 routes to get home from here to NY....I-81 and I-88.  I just take a right at Binghamton, drive 2 hours and I'm back to my hometown.

Diana in East Tn.  

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 5:17 PM

Barbara,

OOPS....that's I-40 E.....to exit 417...got turned around there for a minute...lol

Diana

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 5:21 PM

diana, erase the directions to your house and PM them to barbara,  anyone can see these posts and if they do, they know you'll be gone.   i know your husband will be home, but you don't want prying eyes to get ideas.

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 7:26 PM

I can give 5 star recommendations for Diana's accommodations. Her place and she are fabulous!!

I have also found Hampton Inns to be very nice nowadays, all new bedding and really top notch!! I think they hare part of Hilton chain now.

I plan on forgoing my diet and enjoying any biscuits(grands are great) and gravy I can get. I used to make it when I got married to a southern food gentleman but since he passed I have not made it. I try to get it out,,,Bob Evans is decent,Cracker Barrel is worst!! And we have no Bob Evans here. Denny's is decent too and only $2 with an egg!!

I really have to start my blocks, bought fabric over a month ago. Bought stuff to try coloring on applique hopefully tomorrow. Maddie's charity keeps me hopping.

My LQS goes to a retreat in Trenton GA, 25 mins south of Chattanooga, 2 nights with food( that everyone swears by)is like $129. I am going to try to go with them next time, they are there right now and check it out for fall. Holds 8 and my LQS owner will teach if we wanted. My house will hold 4 for anyone who wanted to make it a longer vacation. Those flying would want to look into Chattanooga airport.

Nan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

Sue Halter:

I'm too late joining QCA to go to this retreat, but I would love to have more information for next year or the year after.  Sorry to post here, but I cannot find an email address for Mary anywhere!  Mary, please contact me at halterjo@vvm.com. Thanks!

I may have a spot for you, Sue. I have tried contacting Toni and haven't heard back from her. Since she has not paid yet, whoever gets their money in gets the spot. Are you still interested? I did email you as well.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 986
Points 24,705

Okay, ladies...working for you all. It was tough but I went to Pappy's Quilting Place here in Maryville and they have offered a 10% discount on all your purchases on our shop hop day (Tuesday, June 26). It will be our final stop. They close at 5 pm but will stay until we are finished shopping. Had to buy some fabric while I was there...the sacrifices I make for you gals! lol

• Post Points: 50
Page 17 of 56 (840 items) «Prev1516171819Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use