Smoky Mountains Retreat, June 24-30, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 839 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,012
Points 19,515

Kathy - Actually, Bill would not be using the cane if it wasn't for his back problems.  Hopefully, things will get taken care of within the next year.

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Kathy and Barbara will be rooming on the main level. The rest of us will be on the bottom level but there is a very good ramp down there. It's all handicap accessible. The inside stairs are not at all steep. It's only getting down to the lake that the need for stairs comes up although I suppose you could walk down the yard. IDK

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 7:42 PM

Maddie and I are bringing the accuquilt Go so if you want 2 1/2 inch strips you are welcome to use it to cut to your heart's content. warning you may never want to rotary cut strips ever again. we will bring our other dies as well for those who wish to try things out. Maddie will accept any fabric anyone wants to donate to her for her mission. We have a good collection of flannels for Beth to take home to do rag quilts. others who need donated fabric to make quilts for her please remind me so i will be sure to pack you a good size box full. We live close enough and have a minivan if anyone needs be to bring anything special. just speak up! I have my bags of cuttings for the pet bed filler, forget who wanted those. i am bringing Maddie's machine as well as mine so she will not use it all the time so if any one needs to borrow it,, again just say so!!

Do have one request.. if anyone is good at making biscuits and gravy for breakfast i sure could go for some??!!

Will have some of that sweet tea but will bring water for me and Madddie as we are trying to be healthy.That means i can eat more!!! OH no don't tell anyone!

Nan

Cleveland, TN

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 8:09 PM

nan, i don't do biscuits, but my scones were a pretty big hit in VB, ask barbara how good they are.  if i have room in the suitcase, i'll stuff some in

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 340
Melody replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 9:05 PM

I should probably be with a heavy sleeper.  I snore!!  LOL

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 9:12 PM

Gini's scones were awesome. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 9:51 PM

Nan:
if anyone is good at making biscuits and gravy for breakfast

I'm not sure what you mean about biscuits and gravy cause I grew up in PA, but I make a great sausage biscuit.  I also make a tasty creamed beef on baking soda biscuits.  Is that like biscuits and gravy?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,710

Good Morning to all,

I am so excited about all the recent posts for our upcoming retreat.  For those of you who have not met Mary you will love her even more than you probably already do.  I miss you Mary (Thelma and Louise too) and count the days til the retreat.  FOOD:  I am a coffee drinker and will be bringing plenty of sugar free vanilla creamer, I make a rather yummy eggs benedict if you would like for breakfast ,  I plan to make sausage bread for lunch or snacking.  I am a good cleaner upper so I will help anyone, anytime with anything (almost anything), just kidding, about the almost anything thing.  I suppose I am going to be the token Yankee and know nothin bout no biscuits n gravy!  However I do know a bit about wine and plan to bring a few bottles.  Kathy, I believe you said you are from central florida.  I am in Spring Hill , Brooksville area if you want to car pool, just keep in mind that I am a smoker (I do open the car windows a bit when I smoke).

I drive a Hyundai Santa fe so I should have room for two as well as all our supplies.  By the way how did you hook up with Mary at the expo and I not meet you?  As for the name of our group,  I do Smoke, I am a mamma and I love to quilt so it all works for me.  Mary...sending you a PM.

Andrea

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 7:07 AM

Thanks for the offer Andrea, I live in Lakeland but I am going on to Indiana to visit my son after the retreat.  However, it is good to know because we might want to hook up some other time.  I am hoping they do the VB again as I would love that, but found out about it too late this year.  I just plopped my b... down in a chair because I couldn't walk another step and there was Mary and I heard her mention a retreat and started asking questions.  I don't even recall who she was sitting with at the time.

OK guys, I may be a Yankee but I have been in the south long enough to understand biscuits and gravy, so, Mary, put me down for 2 breakfasts and I will do a couple of egg casseroles for one and something with sausage gravy and biscuits for the other one, OK!

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 7:58 AM

Everyone ,biscuits and gravy are one of those comfort foods that once you try them your hooked. I use to make mine from scratch but have gotten lazy in my old age and now used canned biscuits (grands) and packaged gravy ,its still yummy. I like mine with eggs on top to ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 11:55 AM

I definitely agree and have gone to the canned biscuits also, but I still make my sausage gravy from scratch.  Eggs we can do to get more protein even thou I use LOTS of sausage in my gravy.

Kathy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 12:40 PM

Kathy sounds wonderful can't wait .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 51
Points 840
txsueh replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 1:18 PM

I'm too late joining QCA to go to this retreat, but I would love to have more information for next year or the year after.  Sorry to post here, but I cannot find an email address for Mary anywhere!  Mary, please contact me at halterjo@vvm.com. Thanks!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 3:50 PM

I'm a transplanted Yankee and we always called biscuits and gravy...dessert...lol   After Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, that really was dessert....and I'm a Yankee thru and thru even though I now live in East Tn.  We also ate pancakes with sausage gravy instead of butter and maple syrup(the real stuff).  I was raised in the country on a farm and these are comfort foods for me.  I'll help out with any breakfasts where needed.  Sounds like lots of breakfasts are in the works.  YUMMMMMMM

Diana in East Tn.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 3:52 PM

Is there anyone flying in and need to be picked up at the Knoxville airport?????  I'm local and can pick anyone up.  Just let me know.

Diana in East Tn.

Page 16 of 56 (840 items) «Prev1415161718Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use