Montana 2014?

rated by 0 users
This post has 125 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

Sure hope we can figure out a way for you to come Marie.

That chart should be up-dated Nancy. Kris is no longer able to even hope to come :C and Quiltless is a "fer sure gonna try!"

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 10:17 AM

CC, sorry I haven't made it to the post office to get a money order and the deposit mailed to you...I seem to be out of checks (seldom use them so don't why I am out, maybe I've hidden them and just haven't found my hiding spot yet)...but I will try to do better next week.  DD1 is on vacation so I'll only have the  2 boys to taxi around town, so I should be able to get it done.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 12 2014 10:59 AM

Thanks Karla. I'll be watching for it. Seems like we've all moved away from paper money in the last ten years. It'd be easier if I could accept Cred/debit cards. LOL 

MargeP and Quiltless, I got both of your deposits this week.  I'll be heading down to town Mon or Tues and will get everybody's money safely banked and settle up the bill on the sewing room while I am there. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Apr 22 2014 1:34 PM

Darlene, your deposit came today.

Camper

Roomie  need machine  deposit        Room booked    Notes       
 CC  N/A  No    X   commuting
 Gini Sam  no    X    
  NanaVA  Kathy  yes    X    
 Marge P   Lee  no    X    
 USPSLady  hubby?  no      
 MN Nancy Randy  no    X  

Mr. Nancy will pick up Marie @ Airport.  He'll wear shorts if she'll come. 

Spud hubby ?  no    X  

Jackie Donna no    

Karen n/a no  

RV

Kathy NanaVA  no    x  

Donna  Jackie  no    X  

has a featherweight she can bring if anyone needs. 

Darlene  Larry      X    
 Quiltless    no    X      

Considering          
Marie          
Michelle          

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,605
Points 178,413
Marie replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 4:38 PM

chocake2:
Sure hope we can figure out a way for you to come Marie.

CC, checked again today and the prices are still in the $500 & $600 range.  What is also bothering me is the time travel is 9 hours with one stop and 12 hours with two.  That's a bit much for this old lady to be doing alone so I'm going to say, with much regret,  I won't make this retreat.  :  (

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 8:06 AM

Color me disappointed, Marie.  I can sure understand not wanting to spend so much time in airports and strapped into a plane. If I were magic, i'd just wave my wand and *poof* you here. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,605
Points 178,413
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 25 2014 9:08 AM

chocake2:

Color me disappointed, Marie.  I can sure understand not wanting to spend so much time in airports and strapped into a plane. If I were magic, i'd just wave my wand and *poof* you here. 

Me too, CC!  I wish the same.

The only way I'm going to meet all you beautiful people and re-connect with the ones I've met is if we have a retreat in my neck of the woods.  Unfortunately I'm not a good planner but I can be a helper if someone wants to take on a retreat in NE.  The Cape in MA in summer is beautiful!  And I'm sure that Me and NH is gorgeous in the fall.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 1:24 PM

CC, my personal check is definitely in the mail today, and you should hopefully receive it on Monday.  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

I'll be watching for it Karla!

Check out this video clip of the Rocky Mountain Front: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZXlWo1Sff4 

The Chinese wall is south of Choteau, but this will give you some idea of our more 'dramatic' scenery. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

I just had a call from the hotel. They goofed and double booked the retreat room on the last day of our retreat, so  they offered us a trade. We're going to get the sewing room from 1PM Sunday  - Friday 1PM,  instead of 9AM Mon- 6PM Friday.  I said that would work since many of you plan to arrive on Sunday  anyway so we can just set up and start sewing that much earlier.  If the other group moves to another venue, they'll just let us continue sewing til it's time to pack up Friday night. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Jun 21 2014 9:13 AM

We've added one more to our guest list. If any one else is considering coming, now's the time to get signed up!! 

I went to the hotel open house last night and scoped out the new addition where our retreat will be held. Looks like we'll have plenty of room, and lots of good light!!  The patio is handy, and the lounge is just down the hall.  

Just a reminder for those of you who will be here, don't forget to bring your church lady hat!! When I booked the convention center, the events coordinator commented that it would be nice to have a 'quiet' group using the facility. My hubby over heard her and muttered that she must think  of quilters as a bunch of old ladies in church hats... so lets all live up to that expectation ...at least as far as our head gear.  ;)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 7 2014 1:32 PM

We only have about 2 months until retreat.  I am getting excited to meet some new friends and visit with some old friends.   Still don't have a "church lady" hat though....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,499
Points 417,339
gini replied on Thu, Jul 10 2014 12:03 PM

is anyone driving  interested in bringing a few quitls for a show and tell?   we did this in Oregon last year and I enjoyed looking at everyone's quilts

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Jul 11 2014 4:36 PM

Seeing as how the one quilt that I have managed to completely finish weighs 259 pounds I won't be bringing it for a show and tell...LOL>   But I would love to see others projects.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 8:35 AM

Make a mug rug and bring it, Nana.  If you put it together by quilting it counts as a quilt; a travel sized quilt.

Quiltless

Page 8 of 9 (126 items) «Prev56789Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use