Montana 2014?

rated by 0 users
This post has 125 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 10:30 AM

gini:

how many quilters can you accommodate, hold?  how many do you want?

Well, they told me that they would give us a discount on the conference room if we filled 20 rooms, so-o apparently they think they can accommodate 40 sewing machines.  I seriously doubt that, at least in the current room. Maybe they have a bigger one in the new center. I'll be checking that out when I go in to book things.  As far as how many I want?? Gee that's easy... all of you.  :-D   Realistically I hope to get at least 10 sewers  to make it affordable, 15 would be better.  How many are coming to Branson? How many will be at Oregon?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Feb 8 2014 10:31 AM

gini:

how many quilters can you accommodate, hold?  how many do you want?

Well, they told me that they would give us a discount on the conference room if we filled 20 rooms, so-o apparently they think they can accommodate 40 sewing machines.  I seriously doubt that, at least in the current room. Maybe they have a bigger one in the new center. I'll be checking that out when I go in to book things.  As far as how many I want?? Gee that's easy... all of you.  :-D   Realistically I hope to get at least 10 sewers  to make it affordable, 15 would be better.  How many are coming to Branson? How many will be at Oregon?

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, Feb 17 2014 11:53 AM

CC, if you have husbands and wives filling some of the rooms, that will take up some of the slack...doubt we'll be able to fill up 20 rooms, but there's always a chance.

If I'm remembering correctly, I think there are at least 4 husband/wife combinations that are likely to attend and probably more...I'm thinking Nancy/Randy, Darlene/Larry, Marge/Lee and Sonny and I.  Any more?  I think Donna B. and her DH mentioned coming, too.  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Feb 17 2014 3:43 PM

Yes, you've about got it figured Karla. 

I went to the Great falls today.  I got to visit a couple quilt shops in between running errands. I told them about our planned retreat and they were all excited. We've been assured of a warm welcome if we decided to do a mini shop hop. One shop owner even said that she'd print up special coupons for us is I let her know when we're coming!! How Sweet is that!?  The other shop just bought the storefront next donor and doubled their floor space. It was one of my favorites before, but now it's even better. When they took out the adjoining wall between the businesses it really brightened up the whole store! All of that natural light is wonderful! 

I have to go to Choteau tomorrow so I'll go into the hotel and lock in our dates and have a formal price list this week.  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 4:20 PM

OK Girls... It's locked in. We ARE having a retreat  Sept 15-19th (Sadly only a week before the Walnut Place retreat). 

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 5:31 PM

Great,  Sam is going to try and make it.  He will bring his fishing gear if he comes.   I told him he gets to help out with sprout, not sure how that one went over, we were in bed with the lights out and I couldn't see his face.  He mumbled something, I think pretending to be sleeping so he wouldn't have to answer.  :  )

i got to take Elza to baby story time by myself while momma went to yoga.  We did great,  quite a workout with all the hoisting of the 20 lbs. up and down, and up and down and up and down with the songs.   Elza was happy with the hoisting.   The happier she is the faster her feet kick, so the 20 lbs.  was also wiggling quite a lot.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 5:32 PM

When Do you want the deposit?   

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Feb 18 2014 7:35 PM

gini:

When Do you want the deposit?   

i am STILL waiting on the hotel so I can figure out exactly what it will be. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 8:11 AM

CC, could you post the pricing info you shared on QATW last night here?  You had more specifics on the cost which I think people will want to know.  Unfortunately, info shared in the chat room disappears overnight, so I'm too late to copy/paste it now.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 3:27 PM

Nancy they told me $65 for a single room (2 queen beds) and $75 for a double, plus tax. 

I just got this from the hotel:

Greetings from Choteau Stage Stop Inn;

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you with your upcoming event September 14-20th, 2014.  Choteau Stage Stop Inn consider quilting events “special” and we want to accommodate you in any way we can.  As we discussed yesterday, you have requested to reserve an event room for Monday-Friday.  The room is available from 8:00 am until you are unable to keep your eyes open.  You will need to let the front desk know when you are ready to lock the room for the night.  With the discounted room rates you will be given a special rate on the event room rental fee which will be $75.00 x 5 days,  totaling $375.00.  This includes table set up, linen, clean up, audio, video, and water service some audio and video will require a rental fee.  Iron’s and Ironing boards are included in the room rental.  Power strips and all other quilting supplies will need to be brought by quilters.  One half of the rental fee is required with a signed contract.  A refundable damage deposit is required and for your convenience will keep your CC on file if damages incur. To help with your event we can supply dinner at $15.00 per person and lunch at $9.00 per person.  We will have a table set up for your snacks and beverages.
They originally quoted me $500 for the conference room, so I was very pleasantly surprised to see they are giving us a much larger room at a significantly lower cost.  I'll need an accurate head count of all who are coming by the middle of June so we can divvie up the fee.. 
As you can see, they also offered to cater our meals, so that's something to consider. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 6:36 PM

I'm still a maybe along with DH. hopefully I'll have concrete plans soon. I have to coordinate work and school.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 7:20 PM

Kris:

I'm still a maybe along with DH. hopefully I'll have concrete plans soon. I have to coordinate work and school.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

Well, I'll be! For the first time in...nearly 2 weeeks(?) I have succeeded in getting into groups so I can post an update on what I have going on with the MT retreat:

I have a signed contract for the hotel! And an official price on rooms:

$65  per night for single room (2 occupants) +7% bed tax.

$70 per night  for a double (3 occupants) = bed tax.   

So if you can get two buddies to share a room with you the cost will be $150 for lodging, plus your share of the meeting room.

My goal is to have a minimum of 10 sewers so that'll make the cost of the sewing room less then $40 a person.  If we get more, that'll be less. 

The hotel has offered to provide us meals as well:  $9 for lunch and $15 for dinner per person, per  day. ( Breakfast is provided with the room. ) They need that information in advance so I really need to get your thoughts on it. They'll set up a snack table for us and agreed to let us set up slow cookers for hot meal preps. Each room has a microwave and min fridge as well.  

I'm excited to see the new addition on the hotel finished by early summer. The events coordinator promised me a tour when it's done, so I'll get to see the new rooms and check out the lounge, etc. She told me that we're one of the very first events booked in for the new building! How cool is that? They plan on opening it by Mid June, so I hope they get some more bookings by then. 

Now for added enticement, this is a fall sunrise in the Choteau area

And a sunset:

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,579
Points 26,450
Debbie replied on Sun, Mar 2 2014 8:08 PM

I told DH about this and he is excited so may try to come. will have to check at work for leave schedules first but this would be fun.  we were stationed at Great Falls from 1976-1980.  

had a blast at the Branson retreat and would love to go to another.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

I hope you you are able to come! We'd love to have you debbie.

Page 6 of 9 (126 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use