Montana 2014?

rated by 0 users
This post has 107 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 4:36 PM

CC, I'll be pm'g you shortly too!  (As long as QCA stays up that is...)

DH (Wayne) is also an avid hiker so he is very interested in the hikes you mentioned for Randy on the Front.  In fact, he is looking up the Ear Mountain game preserve as I am writing this...lol!  He also is a bank fisherman, so he will get along just fine with your DH, I am sure.  We need to keep these guys busy so our quilting is not interrupted any more than necessary...LOL!

Thanks so much for taking the lead organizing this.  

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 5:10 PM

Randy will be looking for tame hikes.   Loves to walk distances, but being a flat-lander, he's not into steep heights.  Actually, he handles it better than I do.  I've been known to get down on my rear to slide along a trail.   Or I do a sideways lean so I can keep one hand on the side of the hill.  

Randy will be happy with shore fishing.  Should he bring his fly rod?  Or he can bring a fishing boat if some of the guys want to get out on the water.

I sent you an email with my contact info.  We're in for sure!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 7:42 PM

MNnancy:
Should he bring his fly rod?  Or he can bring a fishing boat if some of the guys want to get out on the water.
Oh definately bring that rod! I'll have to ask DH about the boat, but I'm sure he knows a few places where it can be put to use. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 7:57 PM

Donna B:
DH (Wayne) is also an avid hiker so he is very interested in the hikes you mentioned for Randy on the Front.  In fact, he is looking up the Ear Mountain game preserve as I am writing this.
Blackleaf Canyon offers some pretty hikes.  Teton Canyon has several day hikes, including Mills Falls (which  is more of a drive then a hike, but pretty) Clary coulee  & Cave Mountain , which are a bit more rugged.  My Lake is supposed to be well worth it (That's on my wanna do list for this summer, so I'll keep you posted) . If you don't mind a little more road time,  there are lots of hiking opportunities around Augusta/ Gibson dam.   If the guys haven't already found this sight, they might find it useful: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/lcnf/recreation/outdoorlearning/recarea/?recid=61448&actid=119

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 7:21 PM

Thanks CC, I am sure DH will be checking those out!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 28 2014 11:54 PM

CC

Do you have an estimate of cost yet?

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 10:07 AM

Nana:

CC

Do you have an estimate of cost yet?

The hotel quoted me $100 a day for the conference room, so $500 divided by however many quilters we have.  Rooms are between $65 and 75 a night plus tax,  so it'll depend on how many are in the room.  How did you arrange all of that when you did the other retreats?? 

Anyone wanting to check out the venue for themselves can do it here: http://www.stagestopinn.com/Default.htm

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 30 2014 10:35 AM

Eileen in Chicago and her hubby are checking their work schedules for September!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sat, Feb 1 2014 11:57 AM

A rough estimate based upon 2 people to a room would be about $400 for 5 nights, and this includes portion of fee for conference room.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 12:10 PM

Karla:

A rough estimate based upon 2 people to a room would be about $400 for 5 nights, and this includes portion of fee for conference room.  

I assume you mean total cost Karla. Should be around $225 per person, by my math...assuming we can get at least 10 to cover the cost of the sewing room. And, of course, that's based on 2 to a room.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 4:20 PM

Karla:

For a husband and wife, this would be right in line with what we've been paying at other retreats.  We paid even more in Oregon for a private room with private bath.  The prices fall dramatically for gals willing to share a room between 3 to 4 people.  Face it, there's not a lot of sleeping at quilt retreats!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,600
Quiltless replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 11:32 AM

CC,

Please put my name down. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 11:52 AM

For those of you with a more adventurous spirit and/or 5th wheels, there is camping available at the city park for $8 a night.  Restrooms and water are  usually available through Labor day.  They do have an RV sewer dump but no hook ups, or shower facilities.   You can learn more  here:   http://www.cityofchoteau-mt.gov/campground.htm

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 11:53 AM

Quiltless:

CC,

Please put my name down. 

Done!! Please PM me contact info when you get teh chance. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Mon, Feb 3 2014 1:31 PM

CC, as much as I want to, I am not going to be able to come.  Israel in August,  Oregon coast retreat the first week in Nov.   Maybe next year? 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 3 of 8 (108 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use