This post has 48 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,581
Points 26,460
Debbie replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 9:31 AM

MaryLeeHayden:
He is always right. I am the screw up.

Mary - my heart just cries when I read your posts and I can't stay silent.  Your husband is not always right, and you are not a screw because he says so!  Eleanor Roosevelt said no one can make you feel bad or inferior about yourself unless you let them - anyways something to that effect so please Mary, seek some counseling and talk with others, I'm sorry but your husband sounds like a awful man!  I read the posts from others and you sound like someone I would want as a friend - kind, caring, sweet, loving, sharing, and supportive.

I agree with you, you need to leave him and start fresh, where you will be appreciated and that's not something I would normally abdicate.  I'm praying for you and that God leads you to the right place and decision.  Remember He loves you!   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

If I have given anyone the idea that my husband is an awful man, I apologize. He is certainly not the problem. It is me. I thought I was on the way back but I was wrong. There is no light at the end of the tunnel and keeping to myself seems like the best idea. Philip is a very good man who has put up with my craziness for 20 years. I have abandonment issues that stem from very early childhood. I don't expect nor do I trust many people. It is actually quite amazing how patient and dedicated he has been with me. 

Please don't ever blame him for my behavior. I am ashamed that I let anyone think anything negative about him. For 20 years I never said a negative thing about him. Not that he doesn't have his faults, but that is not for public discussion and I am so sorry. He really is a great person.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 16 2014 10:21 AM

Mary

Phil is a nice guy.  But you are also a good person.  You need to try not beating yourself up all the time.  It would do you a world of good to get out of the house and do something,   Even if it is no more than taking a walk or going browsing in the quilt shop.  The smell and fell of all that beautiful fabric has to help cheer you up some.   And sunshine is a great mood enhancer.  Keeping to yourself when you are depressed is NEVER "the right idea".   It only intensifies the depression.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Sat, Feb 22 2014 7:33 AM

I TOOK THIS OVER FOR MARY.  DUE TO VERY LITTLE RESPONSE, IT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.  WE ARE HOPING TO 'RE-INSTATE IT NEXT YEAR.  THANK YOU ALL.  

• Post Points: 5
Page 4 of 4 (49 items) Prev1234
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use