Smoky Mountain Retreat, August 2-9, 2014

rated by 0 users
This post has 48 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden Posted: Thu, Jan 9 2014 10:19 AM

Our yearly retreat is set for August 7-9 at Sara and Mike Wall's beautiful and spacious Lodge in Sevierville, TN. Click on Lodge to see the Lodge's site.

This year, the cost will be $225.00 for the week if we have 20-25 sign up. Sara is giving us a discount because we are return visitors and she is one of us. We will provide our own food and beverages. I will assign each room a meal. We usually do breakfast and dinner. Lunch is leftovers or on your own. We will have a shop hop day and there are lots of sights to see in the area as well as lovely shopping. 

I will need a commitment and deposit of $100.00 ASAP to hold the week. This deposit will be unrefundable unless for some reason the retreat is cancelled for lack of participation, however you can get your own replacement and work finances out between the two of you. There is another group on Facebook that I have also opened this retreat up to. Some ladies here are members of Quilting Bee on Facebook. 

Please let me know who is seriously interested. I will message you my address for the deposit.

This is a very fun time of quilting, eating, laughing and learning. We will have the white elephant gifts. Door prizes may be a bit more difficult as so many shops are cutting back but between Diana's private quilt shop she has in her basement and shops, we may be able to do it. Also, if anyone wishes to commit to bringing a door prize, that would be great.

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Interested folks:

1. MN Nancy
  2. MN Nancy Hubby
  3. Jamie
  4. Jamie's mom
  5. Brigit-Carol
  6. Roxana
  7. Diana

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 656
Points 16,605

A question if I may.  If less than 25 sign up, will the retreat be cancelled and deposits returned?  I'm not complaining about the cost as I know $250.00 is a good price for a whole week at a resort, but it is at the upper range of what I can afford considering the drive and motel costs on the way.   

Also, Mary, you might want to post this on Snickerdoodle in the "former QCA" group.  I think there are some in that group who no longer come here, but might be interested in the retreat.

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 9 2014 2:02 PM

I didn't realize how early in June this was scheduled when I sent my inquiry.  Unfortunately, I'm now sending my regrets as that date won't work for DH & me, at least not this year.  Darn, the location looks so lovely, and I do want to meet the southern quilting contingent at some point!   If I sit quietly, I can almost here all those interesting accents between bursts of female laughter!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25

Can't make it this year. My parents are building a house and it will be done right around that time. Please let me know for 2015 cuz we will be there then!  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Thu, Jan 9 2014 5:47 PM

Can't make it this year y'all.  Will still be teaching that early in June.  Will miss you but have a great time.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

For those who can't make it early June, Sara has August 2-9 available. Will that help others get here? The cost is only $225.00 as Sara is giving us a repeat customer/quilting discount.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Brigit-Carol:

A question if I may.  If less than 25 sign up, will the retreat be cancelled and deposits returned?  I'm not complaining about the cost as I know $250.00 is a good price for a whole week at a resort, but it is at the upper range of what I can afford considering the drive and motel costs on the way.   

Also, Mary, you might want to post this on Snickerdoodle in the "former QCA" group.  I think there are some in that group who no longer come here, but might be interested in the retreat.

The date has changed to accommodate many who cannot come so early in June. Also, the price is changed to $225.00 per person as Sara is giving us a discount due to repeat retreats, plus she is a quilter!

If we don't get at least 20 folks (a few hubby's might come but they are more help than hindrance) it will be cancelled however, I've contacted on group on Facebook and Sara mentioned another group that many QCA folks have gravitated to so I will add them to the mix.

Let me know if this changes things for you all. Will check out the Snickerdoodle group.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,050
Roxana replied on Thu, Jan 9 2014 7:32 PM

Mary, I'm still seriously interested. I'm dependent on a ride.... so I emailed Brigit-Carol to see if those dates work for her. Some of us have had a hard time getting on QCA. Please PM me your information. I have faith I'll find a way there.

Thanks for all your work,
Roxana

PS... I can commit for a door prize. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Thu, Jan 9 2014 7:59 PM

Mary, DH and I are definitely in for August 2 - 9th.  Will send the deposit this weekend.  Lucky tomorrow is pay day.  Again if that doesn't work for you we'll understand.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 2:06 AM

Mary I am interested but will have to get back to you after I get a chance to talk to Lewis about this one.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 656
Points 16,605

The August dates are much better for me, so please PM me your address so I can send the deposit.  Thanks for organizing this.  I'll also contribute a door prize.

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 12:32 PM

I need to see if I can work this one out

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 12:55 PM

Ah, am liking this date much better!  We'll get back to you after we check on a couple of things...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Fri, Jan 10 2014 3:43 PM

Mary, I forgot to say I'd bring a door prize or two.  It's great that Sara had another date open.  

Page 1 of 4 (49 items) 1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use