Walnut Place Retreat - September 24-28 2014

rated by 0 users
This post has 132 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 730
Points 18,300

Thanks -- I'd love to, but that is way too far for me to drive.  Have a great retreat! 

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:59 AM

After reading about the Branson retreat, I'm getting anxious for this one.    Hope all the previous DM retreaters can make it!

Annette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,608
Points 247,132
Thea replied on Wed, Feb 26 2014 8:34 AM

Annette, I'll be back - can't wait for September - but first I want a hot summer - I thought winter was over but it had to have one last hurrah I guess in OK... we are freezing this week... but I am warm thinking about Iowa in the fall.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 85
Gaylene replied on Wed, Feb 26 2014 9:06 AM

I would be very interested in joining this retreat but I just got in on the conversation.  Barbara could you send me the details and let me know if I can still join?

Thank you

Gaylene

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 109
Points 1,655
Judy replied on Wed, Feb 26 2014 11:06 AM

Hi Gaylene!

We would love to have you join us! We still have space for several people. This is a very casual retreat and we hold it Wed - Sun. We used to hold it in Des Moines, but we outgrew the space, so now we are going to hold it at a church camp about 20 miles north of Ames, Iowa. Below is a message I sent out to everyone a while back. You would need to bring your own bedding, and we break into groups to fix meals. Let me know if you are interested.

I have booked the retreat center in Story City for next year - September 24 - 28, 2014!!! This place is larger and everything is on one level. There is also more space and sleeping arrangements, so we will be able to open up the retreat to more people! We will have room for an additional 6 people, maybe more if someone on the list can't make it, so spread the word!

I did have to pay a deposit on this retreat center, so I am going to ask everyone to pay a $25 deposit. Then the final fee will be determined by how many people we have attend. The total cost is $1520 whether there are 10 people or 20. I am hoping to get at least 15 people, so then the cost would be 101.33/person. 

Judy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 535

Judy,  I am Mary Graves, Elaine's sister.  I sent you an email and I would like to be on the list to attend the retreat.  I will get a check in the mail tomorrow. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 109
Points 1,655
Judy replied on Sun, Mar 2 2014 6:27 PM

Mary, we would love to have you join us! I'll add your name to th list.

Judy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 535

Thank you Judy.  I will put my deposit in the mail tomorrow.  Also sending my personal information with the deposit.  Looking forward to meeting some new quilters and meeting up with ones I have already met. 

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 37
Points 535

Judy. did you receive my deposit for the Iowa retreat? 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,032
Points 19,820

Judy - hopefully, by now you received my deposit.  Let me know if you did not.

thanks,

Beth

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 85
Gaylene replied on Tue, Mar 18 2014 2:39 PM

Thanks Judy, could you let me know where to send the $25.00?  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 401
Points 6,800
Phyllis replied on Tue, Mar 18 2014 5:53 PM

Judy, is there room for another?  I would love to go.  I can send my deposit as soon as I get the word from you.

Roxana and Elaine,  I live about an hour southwest of Liberty, MO and have to drive right through Liberty to get to Iowa.  I have a Toyota Avalon so should have  have plenty of room to help haul stuff and people!  Maybe we can caravan up.  Don't know if anyone else will be coming through here, but it would be fun to go together. 

Judy, please, please have room for me.  I have never been to a quilting retreat before and really want to do one.  This one is close enough to drive and fits my budget!

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 109
Points 1,655
Judy replied on Tue, Mar 18 2014 11:26 PM

Hi all. I won't be home until Friday, so will reply more then. Yes there is still room and yes Beth got your deposit. Thanks!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 109
Points 1,655
Judy replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 8:44 AM

OK, I'm back from a trip to Las Vegas! It was nice to be in the warm weather for a while. There is still room at the retreat. We would love to have you!! The retreat will be held just north of Ames, Iowa (about 17 miles) at Riverside Bible Camp in the Retreat Center. This is just off of I-35. There is a paved road to the camp, but there is a gravel road to the building once you get to camp. We have a $25 deposit, and then the balance will be due at the retreat. We are up to about 18 people now, so the total cost should be around $85 if everyone comes.

You can send the $25 deposit to: PO Box 467, Roland, IA 50236.

Looking forward to September!!!! Let me know if you need any more info.

Judy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 109
Points 1,655
Judy replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 8:50 AM

Here is an updated list of confirmed attendees. We have room for 2 more!

Attendees                      Attending in 2014 (deposit received)

1. Althea                         pd

2. Barbara                      pd

3. Elaine                         pd

4. Beth                            pd

5. Darlene

6. Judy                            pd

7. Tari

8. Sue                             pd

9. Becky

10. Annette                     pd

11. Liz                             pd

12. Gretchen                 pd

13. Lena                         pd

14. Isabella                    pd

15. Roxanna                   pd

16. Mary                          pd

17. Gaylene

18. Phyllis

Page 2 of 9 (133 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use