BIG RETREAT BRANSON MISSOURI FEB. 23rd. THRU MARCH 1st ,2014: Hostess Barbara and the Stone Castle Hotel

rated by 0 users
This post has 658 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,034
Points 13,150

MNnancy:

I'm planning to go to Ackfeld Wire but am not interested in making a full day of it.  I'm shop-hopping on the drive down, and then I'll want to go to Quilts & Quilts in Branson at some point.  It's a very big shop!

With so many of you coming in Saturday night, I have a request...  Terri and I won't be in until mid-afternoon Sunday.  Can you please keep a table open for the two of us to sit/work together?  Also, I use a small table for my machine which I set at a 90-degree angle to the regular tables.  Give me a spot where my small table won't interrupt the flow of traffic around the room.  Thanks!

Nancy, Sharon and I plan to do the same, Akfeld and shop in Branson. We would also like to sit together so if someone could set aside two seats for tall people 😊 it would be greatly appreciated.  We won't be in until mid-afternoon Sunday because Sharon can't leave Springfield Illinois until 7 am. She promised her DH she would give Indy, her German Shepard, his medicine before she left. 

Im a last minute packer but Sharon has been packing for a week. We are really excited to be coming to Branson and I can hardly wait to meet everyone!  I'm only bringing a couple of projects because I have a tendency to be a social butterfly instead of a productive quilter. But I'm willing to give the productive quilter a try. We are bringing Sharon's car because she said my SMART car wouldn't even hold her stuff let alone both of our stuff. I'm shocked!  LOL 

see you all soon!

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,544
Points 25,965
Debbie replied on Wed, Feb 19 2014 10:51 PM

Ladies - weather update

thought I would check and see what the weather was going to be next week in Branson - well, tonight they have added 60% chance of snow for next Friday.  rest of week is predicted to be in the 40s so will be a little  chilly.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,064
gini replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 9:03 AM

We should have a micro in the sewing room

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 10:05 AM

Debbie:
thought I would check and see what the weather was going to be next week in Branson - well, tonight they have added 60% chance of snow for next Friday.  rest of week is predicted to be in the 40s so will be a little  chilly.

Sam, if you're reading this, I think we put you in charge of the weather arrangements.  Now you might want to go skiing in Branson, but the rest of us don't.  Could you arrange for something warmer and dryer for the week???

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 36
Points 530

Oh, we are suppose to pack clothes???  Guess I had better think about that.  I do have my projects and tools ready.  Can't wait to get there and meet everyone.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,017
Points 19,585
Beth Weigt replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 12:14 PM

Maggie - we are going to be traveling the same route!  I will PM you with my cell number.  I will leave Channahon about 5:00 and will be near Springfield around 7:00.

beth

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 17,560

I'm all packed except for last minute items.  I will load the truck today so I can do a walk through tomorrow to see what I've left out. 

I do have a favour to ask.  Would some kind person who will be there either Saturday night or early Sunday be willing to share your phone number with me?  I'd feel better being able to contact someone in the group just in case something goes wrong on the way.  This is the first time in over 30 years that I've driven this distance alone.  I know I can call the hotel, but since I don't know anyone's last name, it would be difficult to get a message to you.  You can PM me (no need to ask to be friends first - I set my account up so folks can PM without that).  Thank you very much. 

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 17,560

Debbie:

Ladies - weather update

Oh dear.  That means I have to find some closed-in shoes to wear.  I'm a sandals and socks person.  I know I have a pair hiding somewhere in my closet.... 

Brigit-Carol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 36
Points 695
Mary T replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 1:07 PM

Make sure to bring your houseshoes for sewing!!  I plan to.  LOL

I will see you soon, Ladies!!!   I only have 16-20 projects with me.  I think I finally have packed enough.  ha!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,585
Points 47,630
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 2:02 PM

Michelle, Mary T has me beat! I only have 10-15! LOL

I'm bringing my bare feet to sew in...and maybe socks...

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,585
Points 47,630
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 6:24 PM

Brigit-Carol, I emailed you my phone number and Michelle's.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 691
Points 13,170
Michelle replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 7:22 PM

Brigit-Carol,

I also emailed my cell, I  couldn't get on the site to PM you for some reason, only will let me come to this area.

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 36
Points 695
Mary T replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 8:19 PM

Looking forward to visiting with you again, Michelle!   I really enjoyed your visit to KC.    Let's hope the weather lets us get to Branson without any trouble and clears miraculously right before we have to leave.  I don't mind snow while I'm sewing.  ha!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,064
gini replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 8:20 PM

nancy, Sam is working on your request right now.  

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 691
Points 13,170
Michelle replied on Thu, Feb 20 2014 8:51 PM

Mary T, glad you will be at the retreat!! Yeah, more friends. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Page 41 of 44 (659 items) «Prev3940414243Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use